RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 08:06:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 160 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 869697 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1320 on: November 01, 2016, 07:46:58 AM »

Jet Set Go (WP) - Been tinkering with this in my downtime lately.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1321 on: November 02, 2016, 07:45:46 AM »

Things have been really busy of late...

Battlefield 1 (X1) - Finished the campaign. I really like this game as it's a good change from all of the modern/near future shooters. Also where else can you play as a pidgeon?

Mafia 3 (X1) - Finished the game. I really liked the main story and main story missions but the missions in between felt monotonous.

Gears of War 4 (X1) - It's a great Gears game.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (X1) - Just installed. I hope to start this week.

Titanfall 2 (X1) - Just installed. I hope to start this tonight.

Lunar Eternal Blue (SCD) - My Holiday RPG. So far it's a lot of fun.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1322 on: November 03, 2016, 08:08:07 PM »

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake (Vita) - Just through a bit of daily play, I'm close to nabbing the final Trophy.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1323 on: November 04, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »

LEARNED: I can no longer play games on an original Game Boy.  Welp, onto the flip pile with this pick up.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1324 on: November 04, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »

Why's that? No back light?

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1325 on: November 04, 2016, 05:45:57 PM »

The backlight was the least of it.  The blurriness and poor contrast just made things impossible to discern.  It makes me wonder how I ever beat Bionic Commando on the thing.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1326 on: November 07, 2016, 10:07:32 AM »

Gears of War 4 (X1) - Finished. I'm looking forward to playing the next one.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (X1) - This is almost identical to the last game. It's not a bad thing but it's getting a bit old.

Titanfall 2 (X1) - Finished the campaign. This was a lot of fun but there are a lot of FPS games this season and I wonder if it will get lost in the shuffle.

Forza 3 (X1) - One of my favorite games this year.

Lunar Eternal Blue (SCD) - Working my way through. Still a fun game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1327 on: November 09, 2016, 06:14:59 PM »

I haven't checked in since the beginning of October, so here's what I've played since then:

Alien: Isolation - Really good game, but also really stressful.  It may have just been because I was playing on a higher difficulty, but I swear that damn alien cheats.

Kuon - I've typically only heard bad things about this game, but I quite enjoyed it.  I can't say that it's a great game, but I think it's one for survival horror fans to check out.

Back in 1995 - Quick and dirty indie horror game I picked up cheap on Steam.  It's supposed to be a throwback to survival horror games from the mid-90s.  It felt more like playing an early alpha build of Silent Hill than anything else.  I think it was made by only one guy, and it shows.  It's really not a good game at all, but as a fan of survival horror, I can appreciate what the developer was going for, and I think there's a foundation here for a decent game.

Beyond: Two Souls - I got burned out on my annual survival-horror marathon before the end of October, so I randomly chose this game from my backlog list to play something different, but I suppose it does have an appropriately creepy vibe at times.  I've been meaning to play this ever since it came out, and I'm glad I finally got around to it.  It's pretty typical Quantic Dream fare, but I consider that a good thing, and as such I really enjoyed this one.

World of Final Fantasy - I started playing this right when it came out.  It's obviously full of fan service for fans of the Final Fantasy series, so there's a lot characters and references for me to appreciate.  For some reason, it feels strange to me that this game met my expectations exactly, and by that I mean that it's just a pretty good game.  I don't find it to be GOTY material, but it's definitely worth a playthrough.  I haven't quite finished this one yet, but I think I'm getting fairly close to the end.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1328 on: November 10, 2016, 12:31:07 AM »

Bought an NES game on ebay with a coupon I found on Twitter.  Modern tech is great for retrogaming.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1329 on: November 11, 2016, 08:36:35 AM »

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Wii U) - Been rotating through multiplayer and campaign lately.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1330 on: November 12, 2016, 05:42:32 PM »

Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man is a good game that I would have loved to play as a kid.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1331 on: November 13, 2016, 03:16:44 PM »

My Name is Mayo (Vita) - A jar of Mayonnaise simulator?!? I've seen it all now.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1332 on: November 13, 2016, 06:41:06 PM »

Lots of Necropolis on X1. Getting better, but some of these lower levels are rough.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1333 on: November 14, 2016, 03:30:55 PM »

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (X1) - Finished the campaign and it was a lot of fun. I'm done playing FPS games for at least six months.

Dishonored 2 (X1) - Just installed. I'm looking forward to playing this one.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1334 on: November 17, 2016, 09:12:15 AM »

Resistance: Retribution (PSP) - This seems like a decent shooter so far. I haven't played an installment in this franchise before, but it seems like an interesting story.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 160 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length