RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:36:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855059 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1530 on: November 01, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS3) - Still playing almost nightly nowadays.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1531 on: November 02, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »

Yakuza Kiwami - Very close to the end now, but side content may keep me playing for a while longer.  If nothing else, I want to unlock more of Kiryu's Dragon fighting abilities before finishing the game, and those are locked behind the Majima Everywhere encounters.

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Finished this.  The ending part was pretty intense.  Overall, I liked Season 1 much more, but this one is still worth playing.  I thought it was odd that this one had practically no puzzle/problem-solving aspects like the first game did.  I plan on moving on to A New Frontier soon.

Nier: Automata - After putting this off for months, I finally played about the first hour or so of this game, which is the entirety of the opening section.  This game is really cool, and now I regret putting it off for so long.  I love how the gameplay style changes so frequently, which really helps to keep things interesting and exciting.  Definitely looking forward to playing more of this.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1532 on: November 03, 2017, 06:57:05 AM »

My free time is now gone.

I started this up last night and yep it still an AC game. I failed the first mission because the guy I was supposed to follow broke his pathing and ended up stuck in a loop trying to climb a house with a camel. It's an open world of open world games meaning there is a lot to do in this game. Time will tell if any of it is worth doing.

[img width=700 height=525]https://i.imgur.com/iUb8uOr.jpg[/img]

This game is amazing and frustrating. Like Neir you'll certainly hear talk about this game as we go in to the game of the year talks.

[img width=700 height=525]https://i.imgur.com/I5SXTX5.jpg[/img]

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1533 on: November 06, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »

Wolfenstein II - I'm almost finished. I just passed the part everyone is talking about. I hope other people on this site give this game a try because I want to talk about this game some more.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1534 on: November 07, 2017, 01:58:34 PM »

Yakuza Kiwami - Finally finished this game with just over 40 hours on my save file.  I probably did more extra content than I have in any other Yakuza game, including completely upgrading all of Kiryu's abilities, all coliseum tournaments, and all but three substories.  I would have finished up the substories, but two of them required some tedious stuff in order to trigger, so I just gave up on it.  Overall, it's still not my favorite Yakuza game, but it's still great and a must play for any fan of the series.  I can't wait to jump in to Yakuza 6 in March.

Nier: Automata - I think I have about 5 hours in this now.  I'm still enjoying the game, but I don't feel like it is living up to the awesome first impression it made.  I think I'm still pretty early in the game though, so I'm hopeful that it will become more interesting soon.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter - Just reached Chapter 3.  I feel like I can't get enough of these games.  Really takes me back to the PS1-era of JRPGs.

Super Mario Odyssey - I'll admit, although I enjoyed Breath of the Wild, I never felt like it came close to living up to the hype.  Super Mario Odyssey on the other hand, just might.  This is probably my new favorite 3D Mario game.

Cuphead - Just finished the first world.  I wasn't too high on this game the first time I played it, but I'm enjoying it more now that I'm more familiar with its mechanics.  It's definitely a lot tougher than I expected.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1535 on: November 07, 2017, 02:00:27 PM »

Wolfenstein II - I'm almost finished. I just passed the part everyone is talking about. I hope other people on this site give this game a try because I want to talk about this game some more.

I may have bitten off as much as I can chew for the rest of the year, but if I finish up some things sooner than expected and want to start something new, Wolfenstein II will likely be my first choice.  I really enjoyed the first game.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1536 on: November 08, 2017, 11:07:02 AM »

Wolfenstein II - Finished. This game goes places. It has some issues but it's worth playing through.

I just picked up Call of Duty WWII from the library. I hear the SP is a Band of Brothers ripoff so I don't have high hopes.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1537 on: November 08, 2017, 11:57:55 AM »

I've played about three hours on one of the Medal of Honor games (the 2010 one).  It's super short, which is why I'm playing it.  Not too bad (for a highly linear FPS).  Maybe I'll do Pacific Assault next (or Airborne).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1538 on: November 09, 2017, 07:44:55 AM »

@bombatomba: That's almost enough time to beat Call of Duty WWII.

Call of Duty WWII (X1) - I started and thought I seem to be flying through this. Turns out the campaign is 5 1/2 hours. I guess the rest of the game is filled up with watching people open loot boxes.

I thought I was going to have some free time and then this happened. Sonic Forces will be interesting to try.

[img width=700 height=933]https://i.imgur.com/Rcysxjk.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:39:53 AM by Addicted » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1539 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »

Playing some Batman: Arkham VR.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1540 on: November 11, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »

Finished the Medal of Honor game.  Made me realize how fun a modern shooter can be, even though the game was so linear it was almost transparent.  I have two other Medal of Honor games, but I think I'll skip Pacific Assault and go straight to Airborne.

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1541 on: November 12, 2017, 05:31:02 PM »

Dear Gaming Diary (Chapter 3),

Today was supposed to be a different day.  I was to continue cleaning up/organizing/throwing away stuff in my basement, with the aim to to pave the way for a more organized collection, so that I can not only get into the whole "parallel gaming" vibe going down here, but also so that I may play the games I own the way I want to play them.  But instead of facing the mess, I set my back to it and played MoH: Airborne for four hours.

I really wanted to, Gaming Diary, honestly I did, but something had to be done about 'dem Nazis.  They don't own Europe, or anything.

Signed,

Anonymous

- Han Solo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1542 on: November 12, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »

Finished all the achievements for Dark Souls III on Xbox. Them rings...

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1543 on: November 12, 2017, 11:10:08 PM »

Finished MoH: Airborne.  Not too bad of an FPS, with just enough freedom to make it stand above the generic linear FPS.  Fine way to spend an afternoon.  That last level is brutally difficult, though.  I'd say that the game took about six hours, with almost a third of that dedicated to finishing the final level, Der Flakturn (I kept calling it Muscle Tower).

Next up is Condemned Criminal Origins on Steam, because I'm already playing FPS games, so I might as well play more.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:01:46 AM by bombatomba » Logged

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1544 on: November 15, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

Sonic Forces (PS4) - Finished. This game isn't terrible but it isn't great either. It's a whole lot of meh for the 4-5 hours you'll spend.

Call of Duty WWII (X1) - Finished. The campaign has some highlights but it's a clone of Band of Brothers that's over in less than 6 hours.

Ass Creed Origins (X1) - There are enough improvements to the formula to make this worthwhile but anyone who isn't invested in the franchise can skip this one.

Lucky's Tale (X1) - I like this more than Yooka but the main character moves slowly. If you're in the mood for a N64 platformer and can find it cheaply go for it.

I need to play something retro soon.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length