RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:14:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849624 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1755 on: December 08, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »

Taking a breather from Nier: Automata.  I must have died at least 40 times on one section:
Spoiler (hover to show)
Not a big shmupper.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1756 on: December 11, 2018, 09:33:26 AM »

Iconoclasts - I was excited when this was announced as a PS+ freebie recently, so I didn't hesitate to start this one up. It's pretty good! I highly recommend it!

Crossing Souls - I picked this up on sale recently. I was intrigued by all of the 80s nostalgia and fan service, but this game isn't really grabbing me so far. I'm still in the early going though.

Dragon Quest XI - I've only played a couple of DQ games in the past, but all of the positive reviews of 11 had me intrigued. I've got about 20 hours in it so far. I like it, but it doesn't really seem like anything special.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - I've always loved the Smash Bros. series, but I've had a weird pattern where I only play every other entry. I played the original N64 one to death as a kid, skipped Melee (mostly because I didn't own it for some reason), played Brawl to death, mostly skipped the Wii U entry (I owned it but didn't play it much for some reason). Ultimate appears to be following suit, as I've played it quite a bit these past few days and don't intend on stopping. I've even been getting into the online mode. I don't think I've played a competitive online game in well over ten years, but I'm really enjoying it with Smash Ultimate.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1757 on: December 13, 2018, 02:37:00 AM »

Finally played Wolfenstein: The New Order to give my RTX-2070 and QHD display I just got a real test run and thoroughly enjoyed it.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1758 on: December 14, 2018, 09:50:40 AM »

Been participating in the RF Generation Golf Tournament. It took me a few days, but I reached a comfort level with Neo Turf Masters to where I'm familiar with the mechanics, but that's a relatively simple game, so it makes sense. I'm having a harder time adjusting to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the Game Cube. I can't quite get my head around the putting, and sometimes shots fall short without a clear explanation as to why.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1759 on: December 19, 2018, 01:30:04 AM »

Playing Forgotten Anne (PC Version) and this game is so beautiful in a tragic sort of way that I'm having Dust AET flashbacks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:26:53 PM by shoboni » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1760 on: December 19, 2018, 09:41:54 PM »

Octopath Traveler on the Switch.  I like it but just know I won't have the time to enjoy it fully.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1761 on: December 19, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »

Octopath Traveler on the Switch.  I like it but just know I won't have the time to enjoy it fully.

I couldn't put it down. Loved every second of it

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1762 on: January 02, 2019, 01:01:23 PM »

Dragon Quest XI - In my eyes, this went from being an alright game I was just going through the motions with, to an above average RPG that I was really enjoying, and now at the 50+ hour mark, it's become an excellent RPG that I would urge all fans of the genre to play. Any game that I can play for 50+ hours and still not want it to end is a classic in my book.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1763 on: January 02, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »

Started playing The Messenger yesterday, and even streamed my play so far. Loving the game, despite the difficulty, but the Shovel Knight style checkpoints definitely helps stem some frustration. Cool mechanics, and a great aesthetic, to boot.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1764 on: January 02, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »

Playing Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter games (NDS) as part of my goal this year to get into the modern Nintendo library more and enjoying it. Tails AI is insanely good at the Ski Jump and took me forever to beat him until I figured out he never timing boosts so I was able to out-score him just with sheer distance.

Still haven't worked out to actually get a good score on the balancing portion of the mini-game but he has no issue consistently getting a 10-12 point bonus for it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1765 on: January 25, 2019, 07:30:59 AM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Finally back on this after a long hiatus. I'm currently trying my best make my way through the Safari Zone.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1766 on: January 25, 2019, 12:02:45 PM »

I ended up beating The Messenger on stream a few days ago, and it was quite the ride. Very frustrating in some spots, but some of that is my own lack of skill for super precision platforming. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Very well designed, and clever. I started The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild again, but this time in Master Mode, and I'm only going to be playing on stream. Feel free to come watch me die a lot when I play Grin

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1767 on: January 29, 2019, 09:08:01 AM »

Pokémon Red Version (GB) - Took a detour and caught me a Zapdos. I'm now getting ready for the Silph Co. tower in Saffron City.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1768 on: January 29, 2019, 12:56:15 PM »

Resident Evil 2 - It's probably not much of a surprise, but I'm currently playing the remake of Resident Evil 2. It is excellent. Capcom once again hit the ball out of the park with the latest RE installment.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1769 on: January 29, 2019, 06:08:36 PM »

Spent some time in the Wii Shop buying games.  It was the first time I have done so.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length