RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:06:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 857660 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2355 on: November 03, 2023, 12:55:10 PM »

Resident Evil 4 - I finished this and came away disappointed overall. I didn't think it was bad, just didn't live up to my high expectations. A lot of annoying combat sections which sometimes felt unfair and heavy on trial-and-error. I played it on Hardcore mode since it was recommended for those who have played the original, but I wonder if I would have had a better time playing on normal. Oh well, I'll probably run through it again sooner or later and see how it goes.

Signalis - I wanted to play through this since it was leaving Game Pass. Supposed to be a throwback to classic survival-horror which I'm always down for. Was pretty disappointed with this one though. I felt like the bones of a good game were here, just felt like literally everything about it was either poorly designed or poorly executed. Everything about the gameplay just felt a bit off to me. Way too many enemies that you can't permanently kill without using the extremely limited flares to burn them. Extremely limited inventory space with way too many items to pick up. I could go on. I'm surprised the game was so well received, but oh well.

Seas of Stars - I've got several hours in this and really like it so far. Some obvious Chrono Trigger influence which is always a good thing.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2356 on: November 06, 2023, 03:29:23 AM »

Luigi's Mansion (GCN) - Playing on my newly acquired HDMI modded GameCube.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2357 on: November 20, 2023, 10:23:52 PM »

Game & Watch Gallery 2 (GBC) - Been setting high scores in Ball taking turns with my son.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2358 on: November 27, 2023, 03:24:43 PM »

Rock Band (PS2) - Another great round of jams this past weekend.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #2359 on: December 03, 2023, 06:48:24 PM »

Soul Blazer (SNES) - Finally played this after owning it for some years.  I was inspired to pick it up when a Game Sack video commented on its commonalities with ActRaiser.  Its quick pace of gameplay makes it very addictive, and I'm sure I'll be returning to it all week.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2360 on: December 03, 2023, 09:51:05 PM »

Mario Kart 64 (N64) - Been playing in my newly renovated game room. My restored 32" Toshiba CRT has been running N64 all day today. Mostly MK and Zelda to test out the tv.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2361 on: December 04, 2023, 11:51:57 AM »

Beat FF V, on to FF VI!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 02:46:12 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2362 on: December 08, 2023, 08:25:07 AM »

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) - Played for two straight hours last night with the kids.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2363 on: December 26, 2023, 09:36:21 AM »

Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA) - Couldn't use the main tv nor the basement tv yesterday due to kids clogging up both with all the gaming with their cousins. The Game Boy Advance came in handy for a rare moments of downtime yesterday.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2364 on: December 26, 2023, 11:28:10 AM »

Forgot to say, I beat FF VI and started Dreamlight Valley and Undertale.

SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2365 on: December 31, 2023, 09:22:49 AM »

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) - Loads of multiplayer with all the nieces and nephews and my kids the past few days.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2366 on: January 04, 2024, 12:54:38 PM »

Sea of Stars - Finished this a little while back. Really enjoyed it. Possibly my GOTY 2023, but it's more or less a tie with the next game.

Like A Dragon Gaiden - Played through this over the holiday break. Really enjoyed it despite it being kind of a 'lite' Yakuza game. Definitely lighter on content and a weaker entry compared to other games in the series, but a weak Yakuza game is still better than most other games imo.

Quantum Break - Was looking for a quicker palette cleanse game after the last two, so I played a bit of this. Kinda janky but it seemed ok. Wasn't holding my interest very much so I moved on to something else. I may come back to it and finish it, but all I could think about the whole time was how much better Control is compared to this.

Spider-Man 2 - Got this as a Christmas gift so I started playing it. I wouldn't go as far as to say I love it, but I do like it quite a bit. These games always get compared to the Arkham games which I have always preferred. I think the dark and gritty tone of Batman just appeals to me more than Spidey.

Super Mario RPG - Was at my parents' house quite a bit over the holidays which gave me time to play some handheld stuff which I almost never do. The OG SMRPG is an old favorite of mine. The remake introduces some new changes, some of which I'm not sure I'm a fan of. The original was already a very easy game, but the remake's difficulty feels almost trivial. Still a fun time though.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Started this and am enjoying it quite a bit. Lots of unique ideas, and it seems like every level so far introduces something new. I also like the online element of seeing other players to get clues about where to find secrets and stuff.

This Way Madness Lies - Bought this on the PSN sale and started playing it last night. I liked Cosmic Star Heroine quite a bit so was hoping this would be pretty similar. It feels more like Cthulhu Saves Christmas, meaning that it really feels like a half-assed budget game. I'll probably put a little more time into it and see if it grabs me but I'm not holding my breath.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2367 on: January 12, 2024, 01:34:57 PM »

Spider-Man 2 - Got a little fatigued of it because I had to get the platinum trophy, but I really enjoyed it overall. Definitely left some story arcs open to continue in a sequel, so that should be interesting.

Prodeus - I guess this is what the kids these days call a 'boomer shooter,' but it's a lot of dumb fun. Very straightforward classic Doom-inspired FPS.

A Plague Tale: Requiem - Really enjoyed the first game so the sequel was definitely on my list. Haven't gotten very far into it so I don't have much to say about it yet, but I have high hopes for this one!

Dark Souls 3 - Playing this in co-op every now and then with a friend. I really like it, although a part of me thinks I might enjoy it more if I played it single-player and just explored the world on my own. I feel like I'm missing a lot by being guided through it by someone else.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2368 on: January 12, 2024, 11:35:18 PM »

Arcana SNES~I'm on Chapter 3 and leveling up in the ice caves. This game is brutal, but I'm having a good time with it.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2369 on: January 13, 2024, 08:04:08 AM »

I beat Undertale.  Woo hoo!

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length