RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849585 times)
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »

LOL!  I might have to start up Albert Odyssey once I finish Magic Knight Rayearth.

Damn son, do you own real copies of both those games?

I have a loose copy of Albert Odyssey I wouldn't mind offloading so that I can replace it with a CIB copy...

I took that same approach with Burning Rangers.  Caught a relatively good deal on ebay for a CIB copy, then sold my loose copy for more than it's probably worth.  It worked out to be a pretty good deal for me overall.

Now that I think about, I have a loose Shining the Holy Ark that I need to do this with....

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »

Finished Puzzle Quest 2.

Decided to waste 5$s on the Puzzle Quest DLC so i could finish that one now.
Unfortunately after completing every remaining quest with my character i discovered i have to start a new game.
Apparently if you progress too far with your character the DLC missions won't load up since i had already passed their natural activation point :-/

So starting again as a knight. Hopefully i can blow through and get to the DLC in "short" order. I'm still guessing it will take more time than i am going to be happy about...

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »

Played more Shatterhand (with infinite lives cheat).  After the first stage, that game becomes a real jerk. Vice: Project Doom has a much gentler difficulty curve.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 09:16:13 AM »

Rage quit Shatterhand for the day.  That game is a real jerk.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PS3/PSN) - That Yeti sure is elusive....

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »

Almost done with Albert Odyssey. Thankfully I power grinded enough that the four tower bosses were not nearly as bad as they were made out to be. Now for the point of no return last tower and final boss.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 08:39:44 PM »

So apparently when i read that the Puzzle Quest DLC was "story related" it really meant make sure you do this option sidequest immediately or you will be locked out from the DLC.

So i am once again restarting after spending the last 2 days progressing through half the game.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »

Almost done with Albert Odyssey. Thankfully I power grinded enough that the four tower bosses were not nearly as bad as they were made out to be. Now for the point of no return last tower and final boss.

So damn, this last dungeon kind of ruins the frigging game. I wasted like two hours and about four levels that I had to dump because I couldn't find a save point. So, I was hoping to finish it today but it wasn't in the cards. Now I have to go back to my last save and lose all that progress but at least now I know to use a walkthrough. Yuck. They really killed it. In a bad way.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 03:32:40 AM »

started Pokemon Omega Ruby today, first pokemon game i've played since original Gold. really enjoying it for the most part, though the multiplayer is pretty lame...forces every pokemon to be level 50, so it feels really generic for the battles, like your work put into levelling doesn't matter when you play against friends. other than that it's a lot of fun though.

edit: oh, there's an option to disable battle restrictions. multiplayer is fun again!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:34:11 AM by techwizard » Logged
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 06:51:23 AM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - More Team Conflict mixed with Golden Gun with the neighbor again last night.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »

My girlfriend and I have been working through Super Luigi Bros for the last week. We're on the last world. She plays it a lot more than I do, as I generally don't enjoy platformers...but the level design is pretty cool, and even I have to say that I'm enjoying it.
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 09:22:23 AM »

I finished Magic Knight Rayearth last night.  Great game, although a lot shorter than I expected.

Haven't decided what I'm going to play next.  I'd like to start up Valkyria Chronicles on Steam, but I'm gonna wait and see if it goes on sale during the next big Steam sale coming up.

So in the meantime, I'll just keep chipping away at the '30 Years of Wrestlemania' mode in WWE 2K14 (been playing this off and on for months), and playing Call of Duty: World at War co-op with a friend.

Edit:  Just finished a run of Star Fox 64 3D that I've been playing for a week or two when I have some downtime at work.  I haven't played this game since the N64 days, but it's still a lot of fun.

Edit:  ...And just ran through Star Fox 64 3D again since work has been pretty slow lately.  I played through a lot of the levels I missed the last time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:52:04 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »

Finally got the Puzzle Quest DLC to recognize.

I was having an issue where it was seeing the DLC for character selection but not when i actually loaded into the game.
It took a few tries once i figured out what the problem was but i got it to work and wrapped it in no time.

Popped in Gears: Judgment to grab an event medal. I need 11 more. So if they keep updating on their usual schedule and i remember to put it in every time i should be done by 2016ish

Did my weekly challenge in Project Spark.

Firing up Puzzle Quest: Galactrix now.... Not sure what to expect. I'm pretty sure it was radically changed from the PQ2 which was changed from PQ. I liked not losing resourced for a blocked attack in PQ2 and the weapons ability. But i preferred the board always being the same size/shape in PQ more so.

EDIT
OK now that i have moved around on game map and used the battle system a bit....
This game is going to probably blow.

EDIT 2
Oh my god absolute shit.
Battles are probably going to take forever and i hate that it is laid out like a hex tactical map. Then things don't drop from the top. They drop in whatever direction you moved the piece to make the match. Cascades seem to in turn fall from whatever direction the game decides.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:59:00 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 12:44:17 AM »

Oh, just played a little Aero Fighters today. Smiley

Running out of games to buy.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:31 AM »

Finished Albert Odyssey last night. Great little game except for that last dungeon.

Not sure if I'm going to start a new console game tonight or wait for the start of the long weekend tomorrow. I might focus on Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Vita) for now so I can clear the handheld slate for Persona Q, which I expect to be on my doorstep tonight when I get home.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length