RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:41:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849771 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1575 on: January 24, 2018, 09:19:18 PM »

I am not very active on here too much these days. Not able to buy that much but I got some games for Christmas. Thought I would share what I am playing.

Bloodborne: Playing through the Old Hunters DLC. Pretty Interesting stuff. Kinda wish it had more Giant Lovecraftian  bosses. Almost have all the trophies for this as well.

Farming Simulator 2017: Fun, Chill Game. Forestry is the way to go to make tons of money.

Divinity Original Sin: Finally found a game me and my wife enjoy playing together that isn't a trivia game. I really like the way       co-op is setup.

Witcher 3: Beautiful game. I am about 1/3 of my through it. The Wild Hunt are some seriously awesome looking villains.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1576 on: January 25, 2018, 08:44:33 PM »

Ice Hockey (NES) - Been playing this with the kids tonight.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1577 on: January 26, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »

Still playing Resident Evil 7 in VR.  That game scares the crap out of me.  The VR is awesome!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1578 on: February 02, 2018, 10:07:02 AM »

Still playing Resident Evil 7 in VR.  That game scares the crap out of me.  The VR is awesome!

Dude, that sounds so fun.  That game was scary just watching on Youtube.  I can't imagine walking through that creepy house in VR.  Brrr!

I started X2: The Threat again for the first time in years.  While it is missing a lot of the polish (and ship design) that is the hallmark of the X3 games, X2 is pretty fun.  Enemies will still occasionally abandon ships mid-combat, though in X2 you don't have to "claim" the ship, which is pretty nice.  That means less flying around space in a space suit and maneuvering pack, but it also removes a lot of tension of trying to claim a ship and get back to your ship before dying.  Oh well, the good with the bad.

Anyway, I was "space trucking" (as Nupoile calls it) to save up, but now I am pirating hunting.  Have to remember to buy "Combat Mk1" software and hit the "k" key twice, which activates aim assist (what the game calls Laser Targeting Mode).  The story is also semi-interesting, though I've found the story as a whole in the series more interesting than the individual parts.

Fun game, and it feels great to be playing space sims again.  Now I just need to get a proper flight stick.  In my experience, the Logitech - Extreme 3D Pro Gaming is the best for the money, but only if you are right handed.  It is also a million times more precise than the Saitek AV8R, which is what I use now.  I found it at a thrift for $5, so you get what you pay for, I guess.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1579 on: February 06, 2018, 03:59:59 PM »

Trails in the Sky the 3rd - I'm roughly halfway through this game.  I don't think it's as good as the first two, and it seems like it was created mostly for fanservice, but I'm still really enjoying it.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - Around the halfway mark in this one also.  This game is almost on life support for me, but I'm trying to stick with it in hopes that it will click again instead of just putting it down.

Shadow of the Colossus - Best Buy was kind enough to ship the game to me early enough that I got it a day early.  Honestly, while I do like this game, I've never been the biggest fan of it, and this remake isn't really changing that, but I get it.  I get kind of hung up on some of the frustrations of the game, but the feeling of accomplishment you get from taking down a colossus is undeniable.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 - A friend of mine shared this game with me over the weekend, and we had a lot of fun with it.  I'm trying to get into playing it single-player.  I started the story mode, but I've just been watching cutscenes for a while.  I'm not even sure if there is actual gameplay to the story mode.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - This game officially comes out next week, but I'm playing the demo which is thankfully quite lengthy and allows you to import your progress into the full game.  I wasn't impressed with this game at all for the first couple of hours, but it quickly got much more interesting and I'm sure I'll be playing the full game when it releases.  This game does some interesting things with time travel and alternate timelines that makes it stand out as something unique.  The demo is surprisingly long also, as I've already put about 4.5 hours into it and it's still going.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1580 on: February 08, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - Since this game turns 25 this year, I figured it was high time I finally beat the game. I finished Tail Cave and am now looking for the missing chain chomp.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1581 on: February 08, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - Since this game turns 25 this year, I figured it was high time I finally beat the game. I finished Tail Cave and am now looking for the missing chain chomp.

Nice! I finally played through that last January.  Loved it!

Currently, since I moved into my new place at the beginning of the month, I've been concentrating on just getting the place set up, but I am participating in the RFG Play Through, and am enjoying Vandal Hearts so far.  Hopefully after this weekend, I'll be able to get back to Super Mario Odyssey and finally finish it!

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1582 on: February 11, 2018, 12:28:24 PM »

Just beaten God of War III. Terrific game, enjoyed it all the way through.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1583 on: February 13, 2018, 08:30:11 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - I am about halfway through the game now, and I'm having a blast.

ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1584 on: February 14, 2018, 07:04:55 AM »

Tales of Maj'Eyal: Incredibly long and difficult Roguelike crpg. Has thousands of achievements that are not easy to get at all. It's a lot of fun if you like old tabletops with a modern twist.

Earth Defense Force 4.1: Lots of fun fighting giant bugs, really wish I get to pilot the giant robot soon.

Nioh: This game has ruined Dark Souls for me. I tried to go back to DS3 but my muscle memory is broke.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1585 on: February 16, 2018, 08:47:50 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - The fish boss of the fourth dungeon was just ridiculously easy...

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1586 on: February 16, 2018, 09:18:37 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB) - The fish boss of the fourth dungeon was just ridiculously easy...

Definitely.  No challenge, really.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1587 on: February 16, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »

I entered in my whole collection into pricecharting in order to get an estimate for the value of my collection for insurance purposes. I was quite surprised how much the value has increased. Now I have to see how much my insurance will increase to cover it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1588 on: February 16, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »

Definitely.  No challenge, really.
Fish just sat there and accepted what was going to happen Tongue

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1589 on: February 19, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) - Switching to a 3D Zelda, and wanted to play this one.

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length