RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:29:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849827 times)
TimRichert_images
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #2115 on: January 16, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »

Playing through a combo of Alan Wake (360) and Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare (DC). Gotta say I am amazed by both. AW for the story AITD for how well as a whole it's aged.

Retro gamer (and by default collector) Hobbyist photographer(I make a buck here and there) car nut and, musicholic.
PS was a member years ago and am now back Smiley
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2116 on: January 16, 2021, 07:52:32 PM »

Got all trophies on Among the Sleep.  Starting Secret of Evermore on the SNES now.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2117 on: January 19, 2021, 07:12:18 AM »

I "beat" Bonk's Revenge on Practice and Intermediate.  Beat is in quotes because Bonk is one of them games where the different difficulties just adds more levels.  For Practice you need to beat the first level.  For intermediate you have to beat the first 4 levels.  On Expert you play the full game.  Fun game, though.  Definitely a nice platformer from back in the day.

SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2118 on: January 19, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »

Persona 5 Royal - I've passed the 120-hour mark which was my total time for the original P5. I'm finally getting into the new content they added for Royal, and it's definitely an interesting story arc. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition - I'm pretty late in the game at this point but am getting frustrated with some of the boss fights. I think my only recourse at this point is just to level grind which is kind of turning me off from playing the game.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - I may be getting fairly close to the end. I wasn't that into it at first but it's grown on me quite a bit. I'll also say that it has one of the best soundtracks in the series, which is really saying something.

Gris & Indivisible - These last two games I just started since I heard they were leaving Game Pass. Not really that into either one, but I'll stick them out a bit longer. Gris kind of feels like some artsy-fartsy game that relies on its artstyle and presentation rather than interesting gameplay mechanics, and that doesn't really do it for me. Indivisible has potential, but I feel like the battle system is kind of weird. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2119 on: January 21, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »

1080º Snowboarding (N64) - Playing some multiplayer tonight.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2120 on: January 24, 2021, 08:48:36 AM »

Beat Bee Simulator.  I also played some Sonic Mania.  Now that should be Sonic 4.  It goes back to it's roots, the music is great, gameplay is awesome, the one thing I notices is that the levels are much longer than the Genesis games,

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2121 on: January 24, 2021, 12:00:26 PM »

Played some Montezuma's Revenge on SMS.  A great game!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 03:52:23 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2122 on: January 24, 2021, 12:52:08 PM »

1080º Snowboarding (N64) - Just beat the game, probably more multiplayer with the kids before I put it down.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2123 on: January 26, 2021, 08:09:07 AM »

Been on a real Nintendo Switch kick this month. Started off by finishing Cthulhu Saves Christmas, which is a fun little RPG about how Cthulhu along with a party of other Christmas characters go out to find Santa Claus and stop the never ending day before Christmas, so that Christmas Day can finally arrive. I also played through the Panzer Dragoon Remake, while not the biggest shmup fan, I had a fun time playing this classic. I beat Animal Crossing: New Horizons a second time and finally played and finished Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze, while I did ultimately enjoy it, I found out that I am still bad at Donkey Kong Country games. I also beat Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, and while I have a few gripes with this game, the story was good enough to get me through this short title. Lastly I beat 2 more classic games that I would consider evergreen games. These were The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Super Mario 64 which is part of the Super Mario 3D All-Stars Collection. Right now I'm playing through Wonderful 101 Remastered and while I'm about half way through it I'm still having trouble getting into this one. I'm going to try to get to the end, but I may have to put it down and come back to it later on.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2124 on: January 26, 2021, 02:11:40 PM »

Beat Bee Simulator and 100% it.  Very glitchy game especially for Trophies.  It's a nice and relaxing game but I wouldn't recommend it for more than $10.  Get this physical version so you can play the non-updated version. If you update it, you will break some trophies and will need to delete it and play it on version 1.00.

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2125 on: January 27, 2021, 05:41:22 PM »

@Mr_Stubbes - I wouldn't recommend putting down Wonderful 101 Remastered, and I'm not just saying that as a fanboy of the original. I've found, with Platinum games especially, if I walk away from them and come back, it's better to start over, because I have to relearn the moves & combo system, and if you're far enough into the game, you can potentially hit a wall right away. If you adapt to stuff faster, that may be less of an issue for you, but just something to consider.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2126 on: January 28, 2021, 08:26:39 PM »

@MetalFRO - I had actually previously put it down and did have a little bit of a time getting used to the combo system again, but once I did I went and beat the last half of the game. Its weird, because I really couldn't get into the game until Operation 6 and onward. After that I was having a lot of fun and the game just flew by.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2127 on: January 29, 2021, 10:41:32 AM »

I started Owlboy.  My first impression is I don't really like it.  I can't stand the controls, no manual and several things in the menu not explained.  I can't stand that.  Several times I've gotten to the point where I may just stop playing because of the controls.

SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2128 on: January 29, 2021, 01:36:13 PM »

Monopoly (GBC) - Played pass the system multiplayer with the wife last night.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2129 on: February 05, 2021, 08:18:34 PM »

Started playing Little Big Planet on the PS3 and beat it.  it's a great game and, surprisingly, people are still playing it online.  If anyone has this game, let me know and let's play online!  Online is free on the PS3!

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length