RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:33:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 849753 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2130 on: February 10, 2021, 09:16:25 AM »

Grand Theft Auto III (PS2) - One of the first games I picked up for my new PS2. I'm glad to be playing this again though!

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2131 on: February 11, 2021, 08:09:37 AM »

Started up another playthrough of Final Fantasy VII. I play it just about every year, because of the nostalgia factor. After I get through it again I might just have to play through the 8th and 9th games in the franchise.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2132 on: February 11, 2021, 08:17:00 AM »

Started playing Cybershadow this week. They advertised Ninja Gaiden hard, and weren't kidding. It's a very interesting game so far, but if you try it be ready to die a lot.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2133 on: February 15, 2021, 02:03:31 PM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS2) - I missed this game so much.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2134 on: February 16, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »

Finished Final Fantasy VII earlier today. While it probably is one of the most overrated entries in the series, my nostalgia googles are still in full effect and I enjoyed every minute of my repeat play through. Currently I’m playing Croc: Legend of the Gabbos on the PS1 because it’s another one of my favorite PS1 games. I don’t think I was ever able to beat it as a kid so I’m essentially getting some much needed closer. I’ll probably start Final Fantasy VIII soon too.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2135 on: February 18, 2021, 04:21:03 PM »

I downloaded the Capcom Arcade Studio on my Switch last night, but for some reason, my 8bitdo M30 pad wouldn't map properly to the R button, which is required to insert a virtual coin. Since my other pad isn't charged, I'll have to try again later. I also bought the shmup Void Gore, which is from the same folks who made Project Starship and its recent sequel, Project Starship X. This is a fun, addictive little score chaser. I think I dumped nearly an hour into it last night. Definitely has a "one more game" kind of pull to it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2136 on: February 23, 2021, 03:19:11 PM »

DuckTales (GB) - Having not played the NES version, I find this is still quite a decent platformer to play even nowadays.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2137 on: February 23, 2021, 03:46:24 PM »

Playing some more Secret of Mana.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2138 on: March 01, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »

Pokémon Blue Version (GB) - I started a new file this morning after installing a new battery in the cart.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2139 on: March 02, 2021, 10:28:25 PM »

Beat Secret Of Evermore.  Starting Bloodstained.

SMS set complete!
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2140 on: March 02, 2021, 11:57:35 PM »

Been taking up 3 games lately-

Final Fantasy VIII (Remastered) - I get that it has its haters, but for whatever reason this game is extremely addictive for me.

Metroid Fusion- Love this game, and hoping the rumors about a remake are true...

Ducktales 2- Started playing this after the February's Game was a trio of Disney titles. It's good, it just that something seems to be missing from the formula that made the original such a classic. The music's not quite as good, and so far I haven't found near as many alternate paths to explore.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2141 on: March 03, 2021, 05:56:39 PM »

Finished the last of the story missions in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity last night, and rolled the credits. Not going to go back and 100% the other stuff, because while I had fun with it, I want to move on. In commemoration of the 4th birthday of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'll be starting a new run this evening (streaming, as well), on Master Mode. And of course, I'll be firing up the Shmup Club game for March, Demonizer either today or tomorrow.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2142 on: March 04, 2021, 10:32:47 AM »

Pokémon Blue Version (GB) - Made it to Mt. Moon and will make my way towards Cerulean City now.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #2143 on: March 08, 2021, 10:16:53 AM »

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble - I wanted something quick to play while waiting for Bravely Default II. An interesting game, for sure. Probably a slightly misleading description, but it felt like a weird mixture of Shenmue, Persona, and Yakuza. There's not a ton of substance to the game; you're mostly just exploring the different neighborhoods looking for 'banchos' to beat up with a few story cutscenes thrown in. I think multiple playthroughs are encouraged, but I'm good with leaving it at one for now. It was a fairly enjoyable game. The combat and certain other elements could have been better though.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - I've been meaning to play this for years, so I finally started it up on the Zelda 35th anniversary. I originally played the Wii version back in 2007 and always remembered it as my favorite 3D Zelda game. It still holds up great. Really enjoying my time with it and think I'm getting fairly close to the end.

God of War: Ascension - I was playing this via streaming on PS Now but wasn't enjoying it very much. I think I may download it to my PS3 and directly compare playing it via streaming and locally. I suspect that I'm getting some latency which is hindering my enjoyment of the game.

Bravely Default II - Really enjoying this so far. It feels pretty familiar to the first game, so I may end up getting a bit tired of it like I did with the original, but we'll see how it goes.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2144 on: March 08, 2021, 03:22:05 PM »

Still playing Bloodstained Rituals of the Night and LOVING IT!

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length