RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 34 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 34  (Read 18381 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 07:48:33 AM »

BTW the only other thing I saw Bronson Pinchot in was this horrible comedy movie called Second Sight, starring John Larroquette. You know, the horndog D.A. from Night Court, AKA a 1980s sitcom that's actually bearable to watch?  Tongue

BTW Fisher Stevens is the name of "that guy" from Short Circuit. God, it's sad that I remember that name off the top of my head.

And as much as I hate kids, allowing them to watch Full House should be considered a form of child abuse. Though not as egregious as letting them watch Saved by the Bell...

Speaking of Alanis Morisette: she did a appear for a season or two on one my all-time fave childhood shows, You Can't Do That on Television! If you're wondering where Nickelodeon's signature green slime came from, it was from this cheesy Canadian import...

Other than that... um, great work on the OTC Games infomercial there, guys. Pushed your acting chops to the limit there.  Wink

Night Court was pretty good but YCDTOTV is awesome!  I loved watching that on Nickleodean.  Awesome show which I wish would be on Amazon prime and on DVD!  Alanis was on for 1 season.  As a side note, tying Full House together with YCCDTOTV, supposedly You Oughta Know was written about Dave Coulier who played Joey on Full House.

I guess I should listen to more of the podcast before I state something as it was revealed that Alanis and Dave dated.  On another note, I like the TV talk.  Brings back nostalgia and something different from video games.  Perfect Strangers I never really watched.  Full House I did and still do as it is on Nick at night.  I'm actually excited about Fuller House except for the fact that it will be Netflix only. Sad Growing Pains I didn't watch much.  Family Matters I watched and could you believe that Erkle was only supposed to be on for one episode but than the show revolved around him.  Crazy!  There are other shows I watch I could name but they were not part of TGIF as far I know.  Man, back than those blocks were awesome.  You don't get them nowadays.  I tell you, you younger guys missed out.  The 80's and 90's had great TV, cartoons,  and video games.  Remember ALF and Mr. Belvedere?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:45:10 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »

Oh my goodness, I have been slighted by the Podcast God.  My question didn't get asked! toilet

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 03:09:01 PM »

Oh my goodness, I have been slighted by the Podcast God.  My question didn't get asked! toilet

They didn't answer your question because they knew you hadn't seen Perfect Strangers..... 

My kids love Full House and it's pretty wholesome and teaches good lessons. However, some of the later episodes are a bit more controversial, so be warned.  Speaking of traumatizing, I'm still reeling from my childhood Jessie Spano disappointment.........

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:15:22 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 03:44:27 PM »

They didn't answer your question because they knew you hadn't seen Perfect Strangers..... 

My kids love Full House and it's pretty wholesome and teaches good lessons. However, some of the later episodes are a bit more controversial, so be warned.  Speaking of traumatizing, I'm still reeling from my childhood Jessie Spano disappointment.........

Damn, I think you're right Banana.  At least I had an excuse to use the toilet  I remember that Saved By the Bell.  Back than it was a big deal.  I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited.

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »

Sorry Shags, that question got buried in my message box here and I just didn't go back far enough.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 09:21:31 PM »

Sorry Shags, that question got buried in my message box here and I just didn't go back far enough.

Hey, no problem.  I figured that.  You know I have to give you crap about it.

SMS set complete!
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 05:05:47 AM »

Fisher Stevens?  He played in a ton of stuff outside of the Short Circuit series.  He was Vinny the greaser in My Science Project (his greatest role, IMHO), a veritable fountain of one-liners and old movie/TV quotes.  He played The Plague in Hackers (his most notorious role).  He also...  He was in an episode of Friends, once.  And...  Crap.  I think you guys are right.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 06:20:04 PM »

For some reason I always get him confused with Shadoe Stevens.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 11:52:52 PM »

For some reason I always get him confused with Shadoe Stevens.

No way I could ever mistake one for the other, seeing as how Shadoe Stevens first got noticed doing those ridiculous "Fred Rated" commercials for the west coast-based Federated Electronics chain back in the day:

Although Federated was based primarily in Southern California, the local independent stations aired a few of these from time to time. And now there are several sub-thirty-somethings who just read the previous sentence, and are wondering what the hell an "independent station" is...

ANYway, starting at 2:58 on the video above is the commercial that got Mel Gibson so pissed in Lethal Weapon, he threw a bottle at his TV.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 12:18:50 AM »

I have no idea what I just watched. I just thought he was the center square guy.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:39:50 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »

I have no idea what I just watched. I just thought he was the center square guy.

I just hope they didn't inspire you to chuck beer bottles at your computer monitor.  Tongue

BTW he was the primary creator and producer of those commercials. They helped get his foot in the showbiz door... and we're all the better for it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:04:13 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 04:10:31 PM »

I watched this show so much as a kid...

Yes!  I love that show, and as mentioned, it's too bad about all the roadblocks preventing a wide-spread release of the show to streaming services and/or physical release.  I'd love to go and watch that show again.   "Daaaaawwwwww, IIIIIIIII heard that!"

ANYway, switching topics to Bil's in-laws' substitute curses: I use a few of my own, including "son of a biscuit-eater," and "oh, fudge-nuts." Something to think about while you're singing along to AC/DC's "Highway to Heck."  Tongue

LOL, sometimes I use "biscuits and gravy" or "forks and knives".  My friend/coworker uses "Son of a biscuit-eating bulldog" Grin

You think THAT's disappointing?

Oh, and thanks for fielding my sell-off/rarity question, guys!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »

Darn it Bill and your book suggestions!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length