RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:08:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311181 times)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3120 on: April 18, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »

Man, some awesome pickups, Bear!  I see at least one TurboGrafx shmup I have on my eBay shortlist  slick

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3121 on: April 18, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »

Man, some awesome pickups, Bear!  I see at least one TurboGrafx shmup I have on my eBay shortlist  slick

Thanks!  I was going in looking for some harder to find Saturn shmups but found way more TG16 so that's what I went with.   I did see a copy of Batsugun but it was a little overpriced IMO. Was really happy to grab Valis III and IV.  Just too bad I couldn't find I and II while I was there Tongue

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3122 on: April 18, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »

Thanks!  I was going in looking for some harder to find Saturn shmups but found way more TG16 so that's what I went with.   I did see a copy of Batsugun but it was a little overpriced IMO. Was really happy to grab Valis III and IV.  Just too bad I couldn't find I and II while I was there Tongue

A lot of the stuff there is overpriced.  Good finds regardless!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3123 on: April 18, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »

Yeah, Batsugun is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3124 on: April 20, 2018, 02:10:14 AM »

Hey now,

[...]

Had to pick up some more Skylanders for the 7-year-old. She already put them on the shelf with the others and I didn't remember which ones we had gotten. Turns out it's the two dragons and the ship.

Then the 7-year-old tells me this week we needed some Skylanders Giants, not knowing what that was exactly but since it seemed to fit in my quest of filling out the collection with needed parts, I got one. It was from a local game store and came pretty complete with the 360 starter kit. She's been playing it on 3DS so we've got a new console to play it on now too. Oh, and I'm not spoiling her, we needed it.

[...]

F*CKIN'-A YOU NEEDED IT, AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT, PUNK!

Hey, that reminds me-- check out my big gaming score of the non-vidya variety:

And now, my small scores pickups from the last month or so:

Grabbed this lot for about $30.

These set me back about $2.80 each.

Whattaya think of this sweet-ass Pitfall canteen?

A little something from a certain heartland-based Game Boy devotee...

...and now my Arena Football subset is complete.

A little something to grab Shaggy's attention.

$0.99 each.

$1.99

$1.99 each. The Bleach Wii game is Japan region.

$5.95

Picked up this wireless XBox steering wheel for $0.98, which will be a great bargain...

...as soon as I fix the left analog stick.

That was quite the haul, hmmm? And now, a few games I didn't pick up:

Sadly, none of these had the games in them. I was especially bummed that P3P was empty. Cry

And now, the greatest troll job I've ever fallen victim to in my thrifting adventures:

Now let's open this bad boy up to reveal...

Well played, good sir and/or madam. Well played...

...'Late
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3125 on: April 20, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »

Just got this yesterday to play on vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3126 on: April 20, 2018, 11:50:28 PM »

Just can’t stay away from Switch games. (Kirby’s pretty fun btw)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3127 on: April 20, 2018, 11:50:49 PM »

Also, it's kind of funny that the GS clerk immediately struck-up a conversation with me about collecting. It's like, I'm buying a store exclusive Natsume game that I bothered to put on hold for ten minutes while I ran down there. He knew.
garageloot
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3128 on: April 22, 2018, 09:04:08 PM »

Nice Maiden Album.  I saw them twice in concert!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3129 on: April 23, 2018, 06:43:25 PM »

Okay, finally get a chance to post scores and what not after awhile of not really finding much. This is all I have picked up this month.

First up, Is that I went to the Cowlitz Gamers for Kids show last month. Got to see, hangout, and eat with Nupoile and his wife. Which is always great to do and one of the main reasons I try to make it there every year. Nupoile already said this but we got the opportunity to rummage through the upstairs storage of a game store that we visit every year. I didn't find anything there but I helped out Nupoile to pick up Psycho Fox. Still stand by that it was worth picking up due to the fact it can be hard to find.

At the show I picked up Kid Niki because its a game I used to rent all the time and realized I didn't own it. Got Miracle Warriors because I am steadly building my SMS collection.

From ebay, I got the Philips Roller Controller for cheap cause its kinda broke. I do plan on fixing it. Galaxy Force II was picked up as well cause I am going for the Black Box Grid Sega Genesis games. And, I knocked another Atari 5200 game off the list with Beamrider. Down to 7 games left, I think.

The Super Smash Bros Melee, and Luigi's Mansion guides are from thrifts.

Just today, picked up a very complete and basically new Wii Zapper with Links Crossbow Training. Also found today at Goodwill is Intelligent Qube for 4.99!

That is all hopefully I can post stuff a lot sooner next time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3130 on: April 24, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »

I was out in Indianapolis this weekend for a concert and got some game hunting in. 5 Disc Replays and 2 Exchanges later this was my haul. Found some good stuff that I just don't see around my area for good prices.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3131 on: April 24, 2018, 10:46:16 AM »

Just some things I got last Thursday...

Boxed incomplete Nintendo 64 with "Mario Kart 64" (N64) - £10
This was actually rather grubby when I got it, these photos are taken after I wiped it down.

Unbranded composite cable with SCART adapter.

SEGA MK-3088 RF switch.

Gamester LMP controller.

Gamester LMP controller extension cable and controller pak.

Official rumble pak.

Mario Kart 64 (missing manual)

PSP-1003 and "WRC: FIA World Rally Championship" (PSP) - £10

Official? padded case.

Pokemon Black (DS) - £2

The PSP was running firmware version 2.71 and is now running 6.61 PRO-C2 Roll Eyes

I was lucky to get that stuff. Word wall in the spoiler.
Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:52:28 AM by mumboking » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3132 on: April 25, 2018, 08:40:19 AM »

Forgot to post my latest scores/arrivals:

jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3133 on: April 26, 2018, 07:00:05 PM »

I picked these up from Kijiji recently. I needed some more options for mobile gaming in my life. They used to be all brand new and sealed, and at $550 Canadian I was happy with the price.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3134 on: May 03, 2018, 01:27:20 PM »

My friend was moving and wanted to get rid of some stuff. This is what he gave me for nothing, other than I helped him with his move a little bit. This stuff is brand new pretty much. I have been wanting to get this DSII figurine for awhile now, very happy he thought of me when he decided to give it away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length