RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:18:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 36 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 36  (Read 18120 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 01, 2015, 10:42:54 PM »

Collectorcast Episode 36: Me and Billy are Tight

We survived RetroWorld Expo and are here to tell the tale. Listen reminisce about our trip, the drive to Connecticut, and getting to hang out with everyone at the convention. As usual, some fantastic questions come from the listeners. Keep them coming!

Get the show at http://www.collectorcast.com
Follow the Collectorcast on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Collectorcast
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Collectorcast
On Stitcher (enter Promo Code RFGeneration): http://www.stitcher.com/RFGeneration
On iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/u...collectorcast/id524246060
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/c/Collectorcast

Show Notes
Music: Gradius II (Famicom)
Q & A - 10:10
Topic - 57:30
Outro - 2:51:35
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:23:18 AM by Duke.Togo » Logged

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »

Can't wait to listen.  I was supposed to be on this cast but I was incapacitated Sad 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:39:13 AM »

The Panic Restaurant had a minimum bid of $250 and was passed on. Spoke to the guy after the show and worked something out.  Had a great time up there and only wish I could have stayed longer.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »

Totally with you Crabby, soft spot for Resident Evil 2 for the same reasons.  Fixed cameras are super cool and spooky and I don't mind tank controls either.  Tight inventory and tight ammo was always super tense.

I would like to partially agree with Duke, I don't love the Cube MOVIES, I love Cube.  Cube 2 and 3 are bad.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 05:01:49 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 09:02:14 PM »

Cube 2 isn't bad, but 3 was disappointing.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »

I'm about halfway through and I like hearing about the road trip.  I definitely felt the pressure to be a good host and I was definitely nervous about the event in the days leading up to it.  I didn't realize how much I was projecting that anxiety.  Now that I've done it, I hope that I can be a bit more calm the next time I have everyone over for the next RetroWorld.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 05:54:44 PM »

Totally understandable Bil. It didn't bother us - we just wanted you to have fun!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 06:39:13 PM »

Yeah, the only time I noticed was the day of the convention. You were a wonderful host to all of us.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »

I want to do an in-depth response to some things on the Collectorcast this episode (including my own aborted plans to go to RetroWorld), but I haven't had the time.

One quick thing I would like to say is about Off the Charts.  I met Chris from OTC at A Video Game Con, a con held in Northern Jersey.  What caught my attention was a RetroDuo V.2, new in box, sitting out on his vendor table.  I had been chasing one of those, but I hadn't been willing to pay the near-$100 prices online. 

I asked him the price, and he quoted me a screaming deal.  As I asked him to confirm that this was an NTSC unit (it was), that was when I noticed the Off the Charts patch on his shirt.  As we wrapped up my transaction, I told him that I was a member of RF Gen and always heard OTC's ads on the Collectorcast.

I also got share an anecdote of mine about OTC.  You see, I had purchased some games from OTC while they were selling through Amazon, and I still have the flier for OTC that was included with my order.  Chris explained that he did a lot of selling through Amazon when the OTC website had a very clunky and unfriendly store interface, and he had done a lot of work to ensure the current site would work much better for all involved.

That's it.  I left a very satisfied OTC customer.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing your story. Chris was really nice and had a great spread at RetroWorld Expo. It's really nice to have him support the show, and he really does offer some good deals. His new store just opened, so I'm wishing him continued success!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 09:24:27 PM »

Fester's Quest.  One of those bad games I loved.  The game was pretty horrible but for some reason I liked the grinding to get my weapons upgraded.  I stuck with it, and it took awhile,  but I beat it.  You have to always have those weapons upgraded.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:14 AM »

Duke, you didn't know about the Sudafed?  I think it has been about 5 years that it hasn't been over the counter because of the Methheads.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 08:20:40 AM »

Crabby, you couldn't find a more direct flight?  That is A LOT of stoppage!

SMS set complete!
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:25 AM »

It's always really cool to meet a vendor that has great stuff at great prices run by an awesome guy.  Great to hear you had a good experience with Chris and OTC, Ikariniku.  We don't do ads for just anyone.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »

It's always really cool to meet a vendor that has great stuff at great prices run by an awesome guy.  Great to hear you had a good experience with Chris and OTC, Ikariniku.  We don't do ads for just anyone.

Just listened to that portion and I have to say, he sounds like a great guy.  I need to check out the website and get some stuff from him.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:16:04 AM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length