RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:18:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 36 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 36  (Read 18191 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »

@shaggy: Fester's Quest was a game built around the poorer part of Blaster Master, but I can see how it can bring back some warm nostalgia if you played it a lot back in the day. Just frustrating for me.

I didn't know about the meth thing or Sudafed. I usually don't take many meds outside of the ones I am required to, and I wanted to sound better on the recording. Sad thing is it cleared up and I almost immediately got another sinus infection. :/

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 12:17:36 AM »

@shaggy: Fester's Quest was a game built around the poorer part of Blaster Master, but I can see how it can bring back some warm nostalgia if you played it a lot back in the day. Just frustrating for me.

It was very frustrating but I was so determined to beat it, which I finally did, it grew on me.  It is definitely a horrible game.  Didn't know it was built around Blaster Master.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:40:46 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 01:13:26 AM »

I didn't know about the meth thing or Sudafed. I usually don't take many meds outside of the ones I am required to, and I wanted to sound better on the recording. Sad thing is it cleared up and I almost immediately got another sinus infection. :/

When I saw this on Twitter, I thought you were joking about calling out sick to play Fallout 4.  Feel better, Duke.

I was thinking about a bad game I genuinely love.  My stock answer is Spelunker, but I don't think Spelunker is bad, everyone else does.  A game I love that is indisputably bad is James Bond Jr. for the SNES.  Based on a cartoon I remembered from my youth, I picked up the game in college for a buck at EB, and it became something of a joke to my group of friends and a mania for one of them in particular. 

He approached it like someone approaching Takeshi's Challenge or I Wanna Be The Guy, with a determination not to let the game beat him.  And we watched in the proper attitude, laughing at both the game and his futile attempts to beat it.  Good times.

But it's not just the memories.  The game's combination of bizarre level settings (which have nothing to do with the cartoon and contain some very culturally insensitive content) and its oddly broken game mechanics make it an engaging, if never enjoyable, experience.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 03:51:53 PM »

So you got room for a 3rd wheel next year, Duke and Crabby? Smiley
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:23:25 AM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »

1 thing I learned from this podcast:

Duke=Bad Memory
Crabmaster=Good Memory
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:44:32 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »

I thing I learned from this podcast:

Duke=Bad Memory
Crabmaster=Good Memory

We may have to put him in a home soon. He's getting pretty old Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »

Get off my lawn!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 09:40:41 PM »

Hey Duke, take out meeting fellow RFGen members, how does Retro World compare to the Midwest Gaming Classic?  Which is better?

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »

MGC is definitely bigger, although that shouldn't be surprising considering it's the first year for RWX. It's tough for me to compare them as I mainly hang out with friends at both. There are a lot of Nintendo Age guys at MGC.

Since it's easier for you to hit MGC, I'd say the trip out to RWX would mainly be to meet up with RFG buddies.Either show is a lot of fun.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 08:19:06 AM »

MGC is definitely bigger, although that shouldn't be surprising considering it's the first year for RWX. It's tough for me to compare them as I mainly hang out with friends at both. There are a lot of Nintendo Age guys at MGC.

Since it's easier for you to hit MGC, I'd say the trip out to RWX would mainly be to meet up with RFG buddies.Either show is a lot of fun.

laugh  I like how you answered it but really didn't answer it.  I'm hoping to make it to RWX next year and meet you folks!  You going to MGC next year?

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 07:35:20 PM »

As long as the buddies I went with last year invite me, yes, I'll be at MGC. Not in any show capacity, just having fun.

It's almost like choosing which kid you love most. I enjoy them both for the same reason, the peeps.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 09:39:35 PM »

As long as the buddies I went with last year invite me, yes, I'll be at MGC. Not in any show capacity, just having fun.

It's almost like choosing which kid you love most. I enjoy them both for the same reason, the peeps.

Yeah, just giving you crap.  So I'm not enough reason to go to MGC? Wink

SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 01:04:15 PM »

@Duke:

Interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki:

http://www.gamespot.com/a...ght-to-cont/1100-6432425/

Q: Over the last few years we've had a lot of Souls games: Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne. Is there a worry that people may be over-exposed to the franchise?

A: It'd be a lie if I said I have no concerns about that. I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.

So no more Dark Souls games after 3?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 10:57:30 PM »

Yeah, just giving you crap.  So I'm not enough reason to go to MGC? Wink

Like I said, it's all about friends. You included.

@Addicted: In some respects I will be sad to see an end to the series, but if he keeps creating games with the same mechanics (like Bloodborne), I'll be a happy camper. They are games that just get the action right. It keeps me coming back.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »

Hey Crabby, is it true that in Canada it is illegal to use a yo-yo?  I heard that on another podcast when they were talking about Startropics.

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length