RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:19:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #20 - RF Generation Playcast (Secret of Evermore & Gravity Rush) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Episode #20 - RF Generation Playcast (Secret of Evermore & Gravity Rush)  (Read 10007 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 11:34:12 PM »

finally listening to the Gravity Rush segment, just got to the part where you guys talked about the upgrades. i think to me they felt like they weren't improving too much because the enemies seem to be getting more difficult alongside the upgrades. not that the enemies themselves levelled up, but new enemies always seemed to start showing up around the same time as i was ready to upgrade, so it was always just bringing me back up to a level playing field. i did notice at some points that i was definitely defeating certain enemies in less hits than before though. and improving the special move that spirals towards a locked on enemy seemed to lock on significantly better after a few upgrades.

might add more comments to this as i get farther into the cast Smiley

edit: oh and i skipped the secret of mana segment because i might want to play it someday and i try to avoid spoilers on games i predict i might enjoy playing.

not too much else to comment on, other than about the strong female protag comments. my girlfriend is often commenting on social justice issues in just about anything she sees. she liked Gravity Rush a lot until she noticed the high heels Kat was wearing, she commented on how impractical they were and that they don't fit the "superhero" role very well. i know she would have been pissed if she had been around during the bath towel scene. personally i don't care one way or the other, if the character is sexualized or is completely realistic, but i think other than those 2 comments Gravity Rush did a good thing for female characters overall.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:56:27 AM by techwizard » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 09:21:10 PM »

not too much else to comment on, other than about the strong female protag comments. my girlfriend is often commenting on social justice issues in just about anything she sees. she liked Gravity Rush a lot until she noticed the high heels Kat was wearing, she commented on how impractical they were and that they don't fit the "superhero" role very well. i know she would have been pissed if she had been around during the bath towel scene. personally i don't care one way or the other, if the character is sexualized or is completely realistic, but i think other than those 2 comments Gravity Rush did a good thing for female characters overall.

Thanks for taking the time listen and especially to comment. I tend to not take a side on the "strong female protagonist" conversation, but I am fascinated by the arguments on both sides. The high-heels thing would have never bothered me, simply because I don't know what it's like to wear them. As much I find it easy to identify with female player-characters, it's awesome to hear an outsider's perspective.  

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length