RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:22:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April Community Playthrough - Ys Books I & II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: April Community Playthrough - Ys Books I & II  (Read 36064 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »

Okay, I'm stuck. I'm in Darm Tower with Luta, and I've spoken to him 3 or 4 times. The walk through I'm using says that once you talk to him, you wait for a rescue, but nobody's coming, and I've waited forever. Anyone know if there's something else you have to do to trigger that?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2016, 11:21:30 AM »

@MetalFRO: Are you in the prison? Do you still have your silver items?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2016, 11:53:35 AM »

I waited and it took a while for him to come. Perhaps walk around the room and check the upper right wall.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:17 PM »

@MetalFRO: Are you in the prison? Do you still have your silver items?

Correct, I'm in the hoosegow with nary a silver item.

I waited and it took a while for him to come. Perhaps walk around the room and check the upper right wall.

Okay, I'll give that a try, thanks.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »

Cool, thanks, i just need to get in the basement, i can't find the owner of the home to get in the basement. I did find the ore so thats something

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »

Cool, thanks, i just need to get in the basement, i can't find the owner of the home to get in the basement. I did find the ore so thats something

Southwestern corner of town. House is right above the animal pen. Wink  You have the Evil Bell right?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2016, 10:09:22 AM »

Southwestern corner of town. House is right above the animal pen. Wink  You have the Evil Bell right?

I Have the Bell, but the guy wasn't in the house... I found another nut and he was there.. dont know why but I now about to play in the basement Smiley

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »

I'm having a ton of trouble with Dark Fact. It's almost like there's no way to avoid getting pelted with the energy shots and fireballs when he's flying around. Plus, you have to hit him when he's not somewhere you'll immediately be trapped by when he clears a floor tile. The FAQ I've been using says something about being level 24, but it's not specifically for the PSP version of the game, which caps at level 10. I have equipped all the silver gear, and I equipped the healing potion beforehand, but it won't let me use it for some reason. What might I be doing wrong?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2016, 05:26:55 PM »

Make sure that all the items you are wearing are silver. What version are you playing? I had a hell of a time with him on the PSP

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »

Make sure that all the items you are wearing are silver. What version are you playing? I had a hell of a time with him on the PSP

Yeah, I'm playing the PSP version as well. I think I found where you can sort of follow him along a diagonal path, and rack up several hits at once, but you really have to commit to a trajectory, because that part of the floor will be gone, severely limiting your movement after that. I'll keep trying  Grin

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2016, 04:18:04 PM »

Took me at least 50 tries FRO. Other people playing different versions didn't seem to have as much trouble. I wonder if it is indeed a bit more difficult.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2016, 07:40:08 PM »

Dark Fact was a joke on the Turbo version at the level I was at. Not having a cap probably makes a huge difference.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »

Took me at least 50 tries FRO. Other people playing different versions didn't seem to have as much trouble. I wonder if it is indeed a bit more difficult.

Funny thing: shortly after my last post, I gave it a few more tries, and within 3 or 4 attempts, I had him beat.

Dark Fact was a joke on the Turbo version at the level I was at. Not having a cap probably makes a huge difference.

It absolutely makes a difference.  I suspect if you had been able to level up to 15 or 20, based on how the 1st game's leveling worked, he'd be a complete joke as a last boss.  The other interesting thing was, the previous boss (or 2 bosses, since there were 2 at once) was easy, and I beat it on the first try.

Now the 2nd game, the leveling system is much more balanced, but it also makes grinding far more necessary.  I've found myself dying A LOT in the first few spots because I got so used to being able to nearly mow down everything, that I've become a touch careless, and as a result, I'm getting killed easily.  I've already farmed up to level 4 or 5, and am still finding it's not quite enough down in the Rastinnea (sp?) mine and attached shrine area.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »

So leveling starts over in the PSP version in Book II? In the Turbo version you keep your level from Book I and just keep going.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2016, 10:36:35 PM »

So leveling starts over in the PSP version in Book II? In the Turbo version you keep your level from Book I and just keep going.

Yep, Adol becomes a sad sack once again.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length