RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:20:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Physical Form Forum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: The Physical Form Forum  (Read 114330 times)
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »

Thanks guys!  I added all of the GS Indiebox releases I could find, be sure and let me know if I missed any!  And of course I added the VR goodies. Cheesy

Keelah se'lai
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2016, 09:34:57 PM »

Just a sidenote- Super Stardust Ultra VR is VR optional.  I know it sounds obvious seeing as it's been a PSN title for a while, but since most PSVR games are "VR Required" it might be an idea to point out which VR games can be played without an expensive headset.  

Sorry for not thinking about this sooner.

A quick image search shows that Hustle Kings VR is also VR optional.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2016, 08:20:24 PM »

Just a sidenote- Super Stardust Ultra VR is VR optional.  I know it sounds obvious seeing as it's been a PSN title for a while, but since most PSVR games are "VR Required" it might be an idea to point out which VR games can be played without an expensive headset. 

Sorry for not thinking about this sooner.

A quick image search shows that Hustle Kings VR is also VR optional.

Makes sense.  Edited and noted. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2016, 08:39:47 PM »

Again: GREAT list, it is nice to have a comprehensive list of formerly only digital releases and releases of smaller developers and publishers. I had my own list (like so many of you probably) but I caught only half the games now listed.

I want to give a big heads-up to LUMO! I finished the game in the meantime which is almost a minor miracle considering the big backlog I have and that not a lot of games can keep me going to the finish line.

Super Mario 3D World, Song of the Deep, and finally Lumo drew me in in the last couple of months.

Lumo is a hommage to a now extinct genre, the 2D puzzle adventure platformer in the tradition of Solstice and Equinox. Like Shovel Knight it manages to create its own atmosphere and identity with its humor and wonderful game design. Fantastic graphics (every room is well drawn), great soothing sound and - most importantly for this genre - spot-on controls.

I had a blast playing this game. There were a lot of surprises and Ah- and Oh- moments and lots of references to classic gaming.

I don't know about the print run (publisher is Rising Star) and how much in demand it will be in the future; but with its fantastic gameplay and under-the-radar advertisement this might be not only a great game to play but also to collect.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2016, 12:28:43 PM »

I don't know about the print run (publisher is Rising Star) and how much in demand it will be in the future; but with its fantastic gameplay and under-the-radar advertisement this might be not only a great game to play but also to collect.

Being Rising Star, it's defiantly on the lower end.  I believe all regions got the PS4 physical release but only the UK got a physical Vita release.

Geometry Wars 3 just got a physical PS4 and Xbone release but not sure how limited it will be.

Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary got a physical release on Xbone and PS4 that's exclusive to GameStop in the US.

Also LRG announced a few more games yesterday.  Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD on Vita as part of their LRG collection and Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4 and Vita which will have a pre-order system (not sure if it's part of the LRG collection or they are publishing it like the Silvercase PC edition).

And Speaking on The Slivercase remake, NIS is supposed to be bringing it physically to PS4 in the US and UK.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2016, 08:44:55 AM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=E-202-S-00941-A

Fast Racing Neo physical for Wii U. Looks like it was only available from online retailers in PAL regions.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2016, 06:00:37 AM »

New Super Luigi U (Wii U) - as a part of "New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U" from the Mario & Luigi Wii U bundle (2014?) and as a Nintendo Selects standalone release (2016).

Not particularly obscure I know.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 06:11:53 AM by Raidou » Logged
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2016, 04:56:52 PM »

Here is the latest video about physical releases of smaller games by small publishers by 'My Life in Gaming'. After they did the Limited Run video, thank goodness they gave credit to lots of smaller publishers like Rising Star and in particular SOEDESCO. All the games reviewed are on our list. It's worth watching!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 04:59:24 PM by lendelin » Logged
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

Here is another one:

Slain (PS4, Pal)

Scheduled for a mid-to late-November release, Slain is a pixelated (like Shovel Knight) 2D-action game. It seems to be a straightforward Castlevania clone, published by Merge Games, Pal regions only. Sold by Amazon UK and Play Asia.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:35:09 AM by lendelin » Logged
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »

Came across this one today:

Worlds of Magic: Planar Conquest (PS4) - Physical in PAL territories only (I think...), published by Maximum Games.

It's very new (28th Oct 2016), but I couldn't find any signs that a US physical version was on its way.
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »

Came across this one today:

Worlds of Magic: Planar Conquest (PS4) - Physical in PAL territories only (I think...), published by Maximum Games.

It's very new (28th Oct 2016), but I couldn't find any signs that a US physical version was on its way.

The game is on XBoxOne (PAL) as well.

Another game of the category 'I didn't know this exists and never saw an advertisement':

Zenith (PS4, PAL) is already released, published by PQube. It's an overhead action-RPG with the emphasis on action and underdeveloped RPG elements.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »

looks like Cheap Ass Gamer is doing a list like this too.

https://www.cheapassgamer...ls-and-discussion-thread/

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2016, 09:35:45 PM »

Have you seen an XBO physical version in the UK?

I ask because Maximum Games UK has announced that the XBO release will be digital only.

Also, apparently this was released on 07 Oct 2016 in the UK.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:39:03 PM by Raidou » Logged
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2016, 10:55:53 PM »

I ask because Maximum Games UK has announced that the XBO release will be digital only.

I think you are right. I looked up Amazon US and the German Amazon site. The game is offered on Amazon Germany (amazon.de) with the German version (USK label on the cover) as well as the British version (PEGI label on the cover) for XboxOne. However, under the German version it was stated that the game will be released on November 11.

It seems that your information is more accurate. Probably it was intended to release it for the XBoxOne but in all likelihood it got cancelled and Amazon is not up to date.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2016, 05:09:23 AM »

I think you are right. I looked up Amazon US and the German Amazon site. The game is offered on Amazon Germany (amazon.de) with the German version (USK label on the cover) as well as the British version (PEGI label on the cover) for XboxOne. However, under the German version it was stated that the game will be released on November 11.

It seems that your information is more accurate. Probably it was intended to release it for the XBoxOne but in all likelihood it got cancelled and Amazon is not up to date.

PEGI is not British. It's all of Europe. BBFC is the British ratings system. However most games here in the U.K. just have PEGI and not BBFC nowadays.

I believe it's a requirement in Germany to have a USK rating though. However German games will often have PEGI too
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length