RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:40:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | Upcoming Events: NEED YOUR HELP!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Events: NEED YOUR HELP!!!  (Read 15743 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:34:52 PM »

Hello Members,

As a community of collectors, it is important for us to stay connected whether it be through dialogue on the forums, through trades, and sometimes even through meet and greets.  I understand that a good many of us attend local (and sometimes not so local) video game conventions and I think that those provide a good opportunity for many of us to socialize.

I would like to post any upcoming conventions that our members are attending under the Events thread and get them on our site calendar.  However, to do this, I am going to need YOUR help.  What I am suggesting is that if there is a convention(s) that you typically attend, please provide me with the names by posting on this thread.  Once we generate a solid list, we can look into the dates (though you can post those as well if you have them) and set up a thread for each event.  Each thread will have a sign-up sheet in the initial post and your name will be added once you "check in" (i.e. say "I am going") on the thread.  Hopefully, those going will know the area and maybe post possible ideas for local game stores to hit up, info on hotels to stay at, or even suggest a site for lunch/dinner with the group.  After the event, these threads would be a great place for discussion and of course pictures to make other site members jealous.  grrr

So, help us to get started by providing the names (and dates if possible) of the events you typically attend or will attend for the first time in the future.

Thank you!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 09:00:40 PM »

The Midwest Gaming Classic in WI.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »

Zagnorch mentioned MAGWEST to me, which is a sister con to MAGFEST.  It's in Santa Clara, CA, and this year it's August 25th through the 27th:
http://magfest.org/west

I also found some sites that has a listing of a bunch of various gaming-related cons that might be a good resource for some:
http://www.eventsforgamers.com/events/conventions/
http://www.upcomingcons.com/gaming-conventions

Obviously, there's also Retro World Expo coming up in October, and I'm hoping to maybe make that trip this year, finally!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »

Hey now,

I just posted an update to the MAGWest 2017 thread, including lodging info and local sites of interest:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=17620.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length