RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:53:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Mega Man 11 coming in late 2018 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 11 coming in late 2018  (Read 4241 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« on: December 04, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »

I'm ready for a new Mega Man game but I'm not sure about the new art style. What does everyone else think?

30th Anniversary promo package:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:45:19 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:42:14 PM »

Mega Man X Collection also heading to Switch, PS4, Xbox One, Steam as well. Not to mention Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2 is heading to the Switch.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »

I would have much preferred another 8-bit styled Mega Man entry, but I had assumed Capcom would jump to the 16-/32-bit style eventually, either in the Mega Man series or by making Mega Man X9.  However, I think this is the right path for Mega Man, art quibbles aside.  Also, they might release an 8-bit styled "demake" prologue, which I would be very excited to see.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »

11 looks great. The 2D shading and hard outlines retain the originals' art style well.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »

I liked the 8-bit styling and would have liked that to continue, but you can only do that so much. 

Not entirely sold on the Mega Man sprite itself, and it does look a tad small, but everything else looks good.  It looks MUCH better than MM8/R&F and that weird chibi style of MMPU. 

Having a drastic shift in art direction for MM11 is a promising sign that Capcom is taking the franchise seriously again.  It might actually get a PROPER physical release this time around. Smiley
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »

I'm not surprised in the new art direction, as 3D modeling is going to be easier than sprite work. As long as it sticks to the original formula (which so far it appears to) I'm in.

wattswc
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »

I might be in the minority, but I wasn't crazy about going back to the 8 bit look for 9/10. Happy with the updated visuals. ( I don't hate 7/8 gameplay/visuals like many do ).
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 10:52:58 PM »

I might be in the minority, but I wasn't crazy about going back to the 8 bit look for 9/10. Happy with the updated visuals. ( I don't hate 7/8 gameplay/visuals like many do ).

The new style doesn't particularly bother me, although I like the 8-bit style due to nostalgia. Crabby on the other hand...

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 08:47:49 PM »

This is a step in the right direction, and I think the art style makes sense.  I certainly prefer this WAY more than the chibi-esque style used for Mega Man Powered Up on the PSP.  That's a great game, minus some graphical things that hamper the conversion, so hopefully, with this new art style as the starting point for the game's overall design, it means they've designed the game around that aesthetic, while still retaining the right feel and flow of what Mega Man is supposed to be.  So far, based on the short trailer, it looks like they have.  Capcom might not be dead yet...

VictorDowson
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 06:47:03 AM »

That's a great game, minus some graphical things that hamper the conversion, so hopefully, with this new art style as the starting point for the game's overall design, it means they've designed the game around that aesthetic, while still retaining the right feel and flow of what Mega Man is supposed to be.

My thoughts exactly!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:54:27 AM by VictorDowson » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 08:12:51 AM »

It looks like a stinky butt. It's Mega Man so it'll probably still be a lot of fun though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length