RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:32:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #56 - RF Generation Playcast (Bioshock) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Episode #56 - RF Generation Playcast (Bioshock)  (Read 9292 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 02:05:56 PM »

Mega-Man can use the Vita Chambers. Dr. Light infused a minuscule amount of Ryan's DNA into his firmware.

It's all coming together at last!!! The upgrade Capsules I'm Mega Man X look suspiciously like Vita Chambers.....

Happy to help!

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »

Really enjoyed this episode of the playcast, guys.

I like the Bioshock games, definitely some of the most aesthetically pleasing first person shooters I've seen.

I really agreed with the point about the reward for harvesting little sisters not being big enough, though I think it's an issue most games have. I think most players tend towards being good... maybe chaotic, but not evil. So the 'bad' actions need to be much more rewarding than the 'good' ones in order to be tempting.

Was glad to hear you included a bit on what you thought the game was saying about Rand and objectivism near the end. I found that since you have to be altruistic in order to get to the good ending, and how this pure, objectivist society quickly fell to chaos and ruin it was being critical of it. However... then Bioshock 2 came long and seemed to share the position that altruism is also bad. Then Infinite came with it's 'both sides (oppressors and oppressed) are bad' rhetoric. That's when I stopped trying to find political or philosophical opinions from the Bioshock series and just enjoyed shooting bees at people.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 10:51:38 AM »

Thanks for listening to the show Pam and we are so glad that you liked it.  This quote made me spit coffee on my keyboard at work!  Cheesy

That's when I stopped trying to find political or philosophical opinions from the Bioshock series and just enjoyed shooting bees at people.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length