RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #52 - RF Generation Playcast (DOOM 2016) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #52 - RF Generation Playcast (DOOM 2016)  (Read 7525 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: August 21, 2018, 02:02:13 PM »

COMING SOON!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
BuriedOnMars
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »

Solid episode guys!  Cartridge Club is going to have a challenge to hold their own next month!

Check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/buriedonmars
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »

Solid episode guys!  Cartridge Club is going to have a challenge to hold their own next month!

Thanks buddy! In retrospect, I wish we would have know the CC was playing it in September before making our pick. Would have been nice to do a crossover episode and playthrough again.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »

Great episode, guys. I had the same problem with the BFG, I'd usually forget to use it. In fact, I didn't even realize it would take out multiple enemies, as I'd always just use it on bosses/big guys with lots of health.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »

Great episode, guys. I had the same problem with the BFG, I'd usually forget to use it. In fact, I didn't even realize it would take out multiple enemies, as I'd always just use it on bosses/big guys with lots of health.

Thanks for the listen Pam!  Yeah, it's funny, but I think if the BFG was added to the weapon wheel, I would have used it more. Smart of the developers to map it to a specific button, but it seems to get a little lost.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 05:26:04 PM »

Getting through my podcast backlog, and listened to this ep yesterday. Thanks for all the shout-outs! And I, too, often forgot to use my BFG, especially in the final areas, where they actually provide a decent amount of ammo for it. Not sure why, but I guess I just tried to do it on my own, w/o having to rely on it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 05:35:08 PM »

Thanks for all of your comments and for listening FRO!

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 01:39:39 PM »

So late to this party! Finished the game  not too long ago and I'm very close to the end of your Doom episode.  I had played this game on console when it was a demo or a free weekend or something and the difficulty was brutal.  I didn't make it beyond the first outdoor area and I gave up.  When I decided to give it a try on PC a few months ago I was not looking forward to the difficulty but my comfort level with M/KB and renewed understanding that the way to not die is to push forward  (as you guys mention on the show) I did just fine difficulty wise.  I played on the default difficulty and not counting accidentally falling off a cliff or other dumb deaths, I died from demon combat MAYBE 15-20 times.  I really liked Rich's point that 20 attempts at a boss doesnt seem unreasonable coming from a retro gaming background. The biggest surprise for me so far was hearing that some of you didn't complete a single rune challenge.  I completed all but one of the rune challenges (the rocket launcher one where you start it with 1 health) and many on my first or second try.  You guys know me, I am not a gaming god, quite the opposite, so it was surprising to hear that M/KB would make such a big difference for me.  Once thing I didn't hear mentioned too much in the episode so far is just how FAST the game is.  EVERYTHING is fast, you are fast, most demons are fast, the projectiles coming at you come fast.  The game almost feels too fast until you adjust to it.  Great episode so far, glad everyone enjoyed the game even if it was out of the comfort zone.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »

Thanks for chiming in on an older episode, Bil!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length