RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:21:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465483 times)
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #405 on: January 31, 2019, 09:53:58 AM »

What, Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge doesn't count as a sports game lol? There are some who would think that's malarkey (not me, I don't care, just giving you a hard time haha).

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #406 on: January 31, 2019, 11:27:47 AM »

Wow, only 8 left now for 150 this month. Come on guys, we got this!  So close to finishing Track & Field last night, but I have to get better at the skeet shooting.... I will prevail.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #407 on: January 31, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »

Mario is Missing! completed. Didn't like this one as much as Mario's Time Machine. Go down a pipe, have Yoshi meet you there, stomp 3 koopas, answer trivia. Repeat 12 times. I guess it would have worked as a basic geography and history learning game, but I think the Carmen Sandiego series does a much better job of it.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »

Throwing it out there, if you like button mashing sports games, Gold Medal Challenge is a bit of a gem. I've played it a ton, but for this challenge want to leave it for someone who hasn't experienced it yet.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2019, 04:07:50 PM »

I would like to claim Blades of Steel. Going to make some more progress on Ultima Exodus tomorrow. I feel refreshed for the big challenge this month.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #410 on: January 31, 2019, 05:12:47 PM »

I have been playing NES games in my limited free time, just homebrew ones.  8-Bit Xmas 2018 and Nesert Golf, specifically.

My sports claim is Magic Darts.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #411 on: January 31, 2019, 06:56:17 PM »

Wrath of the Black Manta done.

I actually owned this game as a kid, but I'm not sure if I ever got past the first boss. Going into it, I thought this game was going to suck, but after I got used to the mechanics and had a better understanding of how the game works, I actually enjoyed it. It's not a great game, but decent enough. It also has some of the best writing of any game I've ever played.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #412 on: January 31, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »

Tennis completed. Can that count as my February sports game?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #413 on: January 31, 2019, 11:16:38 PM »

Guys, now you know that I couldn't let us come up short this close to 150...

The Great Waldo Search

Win, Lose, or Draw

Pictionary

Major League Baseball

Track & Field

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #414 on: January 31, 2019, 11:56:24 PM »

I'm not sure how no one's done this one yet, but here ya go. I guess I didn't need to get it in tonight with singlebanana's last minute effort, but it feels good all the same Smiley But good lord did I die a lot haha. I swear, 8-3 has been the bane of my existence for 30 years and counting.

Super Mario Bros.

Also, has anyone seen this happen before??? It's kind of a minus world effect going on, but I didn't move any further to the right, just got stuck here. Never ever seen this before.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2019, 05:55:07 AM »

Tried getting this in last night, but the falling platforms just before the final boss require perfect timing and I just wasn't coordinated enough last night. Here's Adventure Island. I know a lot of people love this series, but I think any platformer more difficult than the first SMB is too difficult.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #416 on: February 01, 2019, 06:46:18 AM »

Here's Mickey Mousecapades. I used to play this at a friend's house when I was 7. It was always fun trying to find secrets hidden in the background, and it turns out you need to find some of those to complete the game. Music's really repetitive and some of the projectile patterns are unfair, but there's enough hidden health powerups that you can act as a sponge on occasion.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #417 on: February 01, 2019, 08:30:08 AM »

The team bands together and pulls through at the last second!! Well done shane/singlebanana/zophar!! We made January's stretch goal!

February is now upon us so start throwing some touchdowns, hitting those home runs, slamming those dunks and acing your loves as we tackle our way through more of the NES library with a focus on sports games this month.

I was able to finish Bard's Tale with 2 attempts on the final boss today. It was a neat game being designed around one specific character type, even though you could choose to play through the game without that character if you really wanted to. Very bare bones like Wizardry in terms of story, but because of the sound design, character design and initial town that acts as a hub it had a lot more personality to it. Spell casters were monsters near the end of this game and very useful.

With that one done for me I'm going to claim Bases Loaded IV as my sports title for February. I've already beaten 1-3 in the past so I figured I'd end the series so that I never have to load another base for as long as I live. So I played many hours of it tonight and won a whopping.............2 games Sad. With any of the past baseball titles I've played I should have had 10-15 games done in the amount of time I've played so far. This is pretty discouraging as there are 74 games to win to complete the season. Hoping I can figure out some better methods of pitching and batting to help me out at some point otherwise it's gonna take me the whole freaking month for just this one title. My second claim is going to be All Pro Basketball so I can swap back and forth if I need a break from my grueling baseball season and dunk on some fools.

EDIT: All claims and completions up to date.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #418 on: February 01, 2019, 11:03:02 AM »

I'm going to claim Base Wars and The Battle of Olympus.

Wasn't there a game on the NES where you played darts, and one of the selectable characters was a robot? I can't remember the name of it, and had always wanted to try it since I saw a classified info piece on it in Nintendo Power.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #419 on: February 01, 2019, 11:08:28 AM »

I'm going to claim Base Wars and The Battle of Olympus.

Wasn't there a game on the NES where you played darts, and one of the selectable characters was a robot? I can't remember the name of it, and had always wanted to try it since I saw a classified info piece on it in Nintendo Power.

Magic Darts.  You could also pick a monkey, who threw the darts with his back to the dartboard (I think).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length