RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:54:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465473 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #540 on: February 22, 2019, 02:16:12 PM »

@crabby, way to go! I wanted to play more baseball during this month's challenge but just couldn't dedicate the time to playing a long season.

BTW what is up with the Navy team on Super Spike V'Ball? They're defense is unstoppable. I am getting beat badly. Really fun game, though. Like it a lot more than Kings of the Beach.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #541 on: February 22, 2019, 04:18:30 PM »

@crabby, way to go! I wanted to play more baseball during this month's challenge but just couldn't dedicate the time to playing a long season.

BTW what is up with the Navy team on Super Spike V'Ball? They're defense is unstoppable. I am getting beat badly. Really fun game, though. Like it a lot more than Kings of the Beach.

Check out my post right above my Bases Loaded 4 victory. There are 7 baseball games that are still available to beat that don't require long crazy seasons. Some of them are only like an hour long.

Super Spike is awesome. Don't remember the Navy Team in particular though sorry.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #542 on: February 22, 2019, 05:32:07 PM »

Maybe I will play through RBI Baseball this weekend then and try to knock that one down for us. I haven't even started playing Swords and Serpents but I still want to keep it claimed. Going to play some quick games to get us to our goal. Definitely getting better at Super Spike so should be able to close that one out this weekend as well.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #543 on: February 22, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »

Super V'Ball Basketball is finished. I beat it on American first(Second pic) and realized I needed to beat it on World (First Pic)Great game, great tunes. I would like to try this one two player, seems like it could get to be pretty competitive as your opponents skills improved.

Next Sports Claim is RBI Baseball

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #544 on: February 22, 2019, 11:24:28 PM »

Sesame Street ABC is done! Again, the games just loop infinitely so I played each for a little bit and moved on.

I'm gonna finish off the last of the Sesame Street games and shoot for Sesame Street: Countdown. I loved playing that one when I was very young so this should bring forth the warm fuzzies.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #545 on: February 23, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

I just walked out of the Marsh Cave, kicked Astos teeth in, and after a bit more item swapping I now have the mystic key.  All in all I am really enjoying this "all Black Belt" playthrough.  Normally in the next leg of the game after the Earth Cave is a ton of grinding to afford armor and spells, but since the Black Belts use no magic, at level six need no weapons, and at this point wear no armor, all I have to buy is healing items and cabins.  And reload, because sometimes they just die.  The first (NES) Final Fantasy seems like pure RNG sometimes, and especially with Black Belts.  So much fun though.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #546 on: February 23, 2019, 08:08:14 PM »

I got Sesame Street Countdown done last night, it's actually pretty enjoyable considering it's an educational title for toddlers. It always brings back good memories every time I play it since it was in regular rotation when I was a very young kid back in the early 90s.

Now that all the Sesame Street games are done, I'm going to help with our sports goal and do Magic Johnson's Fast Break next.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #547 on: February 24, 2019, 09:07:12 AM »

I got Family Feud  done, it was harder then I thought.  The fast money rounds are brutal.  I'll start Jack Nicklaus' Major Championship Golf

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #548 on: February 24, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »

Great job everybody! Apolloboy has cleaned up the streets and made them safe for us ordinary citizens once again. Nice to see a couple more sports claims from you guys as well!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #549 on: February 24, 2019, 11:59:18 PM »

Decided to take a break from FF and listening to the tunes in P4: Golden to try my hand at a wrasslin' game (that is, WWF King of the Ring.  I didn't call it, but since it look less than twenty minutes:

Basically kicked my way to the top.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #550 on: February 25, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »

@bomba - a lot of the fighting games on the NES allow you "kick your way to the top", lol. Whatever works

I started the Bases Loaded 4 of Basketball games tonight and got a few games into All Pro Basketball. It's only 35 games to finish though so half as many as BL4 thankfully. It's got horrible controls, the screen pauses and flips when a player takes the ball across the center line, when I got for a 3 point shot the CPU can push my player in the air so that I land past inside the 3 point line and only get 2 for my shot, dunk's have an alarmingly high miss rate, fouling someone and stealing the ball almost happen in tandem each time, the CPU can steal the ball from you even when he's beyond arm length from your player, swapping players system is garbage and I swear the CPU magically regains the ball that my character has caught as a rebound sometimes. I don't think I'll be able to finish this in February, but I'll do my best.

Also started Jimmy Connors Tennis as well. Got most of it done and only have the last 4 tournaments to beat so that should be done tomorrow at some point.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2019, 11:49:03 AM »

Jack Nicklaus' Major Championship Golf is done! Glad I didn't have to get better than par.  The lack of green markers was a pain. I think I'll take up Star Trek Next Generation.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #552 on: February 26, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »

Made a massive dent into All Pro Basketball tonight. Found my stride and didn't lose a game tonight. Got to 16 matches down so far. Also finished off the last few matches in Jimmy Connors Tennis so that one is done now. It was a weird game and I think I prefer even just Black Box Tennis to it. The character movement always felt unusual and never got better. Even to the end I was having trouble figuring out the hit boxes for the racket/ball. Pretty unmemorable over all.

EDIT: All claims and Completions up to date

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #553 on: February 26, 2019, 09:32:43 AM »

I've been taking a little break from the NES games, but I'm sure I'll get back to it sooner or later. I have been playing Crystalis a bit here and there in the meantime though. I think I'm about halfway through it. My impressions of it at this point are that it is a great game and I totally get why people love it, but I definitely disagree with the vocal minority that says it's better than Zelda.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #554 on: February 26, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »

Sadly I have been super busy the past few days and haven't got a chance to sit down and beat some NES games. I started playing RBI Baseball and I haven't won a game yet. LOL.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length