RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 465505 times)
Duke0619
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #615 on: March 12, 2019, 07:40:36 PM »

I made it half way through level 5 tonight in Rush N Attack. A few more tries and I’ll have it.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #616 on: March 12, 2019, 09:27:13 PM »

I made it half way through level 5 tonight in Rush N Attack. A few more tries and I’ll have it.

That game is tough. Keep at it!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »

Both my little Duke's getting along....so proud *tear*

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #618 on: March 14, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »

Wow our progress this month just kind of hit a brick wall. Anyone working on anything lately? Waiting for spring break to dig into something? I finished Dragon Warrior for the Playcast so I thought I'd knock off a short game to get at least something done for this challenge and took down Attack of the Killer Tomatoes tonight. It is quite bad. One of the least memorable games I've ever played, but at least it's done. I'm getting close to a big milestone for me so I'm going to do a few more smaller games and then dive into Pool of Radiance to hit that milestone.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #619 on: March 14, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »

Been playing the PS4 a bit more lately, and it did bring up a question. If I wanted to play a re-release of a NES game on PS4, would it still be acceptable to the challenge?
Normatron
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #620 on: March 14, 2019, 12:09:38 PM »

I have been working on The Guardian Legend casually and also playing some Smash Bros. Ultimate. I have also started to replay along with my family the lego harry potter games remastered on the switch.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #621 on: March 15, 2019, 02:18:42 AM »

Ren and stimpy is giving me some issues, let me trade for Rocky and Bullwinkle

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #622 on: March 15, 2019, 07:21:40 AM »

Just finished Captain Planet and the Planeteers. Pretty trashy design on all the shmup stages. Very thankful there was password saves after every area. Started working on James Bond Jr now too.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #623 on: March 15, 2019, 07:23:44 AM »

Been playing the PS4 a bit more lately, and it did bring up a question. If I wanted to play a re-release of a NES game on PS4, would it still be acceptable to the challenge?

As long as the port is essentially the same game it's not problem. For example if you were playing Uninvited on the 8-bit Adventure Anthology on your PS4 I'd count that.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #624 on: March 16, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »

As long as the port is essentially the same game it's not problem. For example if you were playing Uninvited on the 8-bit Adventure Anthology on your PS4 I'd count that.

A great example for a port that is a problem would be Final Fantasy.  While the ports fix a massive amount of the weird bugs and glitches that plagued the original game, it also makes the game a lot easier (similarly to the GBC port for Dragon Warrior).  Speaking of which...

I finally finished Final Fantasy with my "All Black Belt" party, and boy did it take some time.  While I didn't specifically time this one (I played it here and there on my MacBook) it took somewhere around 40 hours, and most of that was pure grinding for experience.  I've done this before, but never on the NES original.  It is challenging, but with perseverance you truly get to see the power of the Black Belt.  At level 32 I was able to one-hit every creature in the game outside of three of the four fiends and Chaos (the final enemy).  The challenge part isn't so much the grinding, but the fact that Black Belts at any level have no way to protect themselves with either armor or magic, and you have a maximum of 99 heals (cures) from which to draw health from.  I think that this game might be too "hardcore" for most gamers due to its age, but my nostalgia was more than strong enough to carry me through.  Loved every second of the game.

For my next game I think I would like to tackle Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Hillsfar.  It is another "nostalgia" title for me, and one that I never beat.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »

Beat Chip 'n Dale 2 today. I had never played it before, but boy is that a great platformer. I never really gave the first one a shot, so I may have to go back and play that one if it's the same sort of game. I was kind of expecting some awful Mega Man style platforming where you have to be very precise and there's an enemy waiting to hit you at the end. Never encountered anything like that.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2019, 02:14:46 PM »

@shane

Nice, I had been trying to work my way through it, too (had made it to the last level). What did you think of the boss battles? My biggest issue was that the patterns seemed really easy or really random, but curious to know someone else's opinion.
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2019, 02:25:54 PM »

I thought the boss patterns were relatively easy. Most throw two projectiles, and you can manage to aim the first of them at the ground so you can use it as a projectile. The final boss was just a matter of taking out the hand first, and the rest was a very easy dodge pattern.

Also beat Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland. I would not recommend this game. It's almost entirely memorizing the path through the level.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2019, 03:50:02 PM »

Fisher Price: I Can Remember completed. It's a card pair memory game. I feel sorry for any parent that paid full price for this when it came out.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #629 on: March 16, 2019, 03:54:25 PM »

Fisher Price: Perfect Fit completed. Three shape silhouettes are on the screen, and the game gives you a piece to fill one of them one at a time. This happens over three levels. That's it.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length