RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:15:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 463992 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1170 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »

Ferrari Grand Prix is done. For anyone thinking about playing this game, always use the 3-speed manual transmission, and not automatic. It's easy to use, and your car max's out 20 kmph faster than on automatic.

Solid racing game, one of the best the NES has to offer actually. I liked that there are times when you have to pick and choose your spots when passing (However, sometimes the computer goes too far with blocking and runs you off the road). And yes, Crabby, I agree with your comment back in Jan. about one of the music tracks on here being a hidden gem, probably 2 deserve that treatment.

You’re a better man than I am 😆
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1171 on: October 15, 2019, 05:42:42 PM »

Started playing Wrecking Crew. Question about the win condition. Do all 60 stages have to be completed without a game over? Or merely get through the 60 stages with continues on the stage you lose your last life?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1172 on: October 15, 2019, 05:52:37 PM »

Started playing Wrecking Crew. Question about the win condition. Do all 60 stages have to be completed without a game over? Or merely get through the 60 stages with continues on the stage you lose your last life?

Continue away my good man. The game offers them up for free so use them as needed. I had a lot of fun with Wrecking Crew.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1173 on: October 16, 2019, 12:48:28 AM »

Beat Total Recall Today. The game isn't great but it isn't the worst movie based game I have played. The music doesn't really feel right with the tone of the game.  Its been awhile since I beat an NES game for the challenge. I hope to tackle a few more this week.

* Total Recall (U)-191015-224548.png (493.07 KB, 1302x997 - viewed 236 times.)

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1174 on: October 16, 2019, 07:33:36 AM »

These are the games I still have access to and the accessories required to play. Of course having them doesnt mean I have the ability or time to beat them  Grin

Adventures of Lolo III, The
Air Fortress
Boulder Dash
Captain America and the Avengers
Castelian
Days of Thunder
Dragon's Lair
Formula 1: Built to Win
Galaxy 5000
Gauntlet II
George Foreman's KO Boxing
Ghostbusters II
Gumshoe
Heavy Shreddin'
High Speed
Hunt for Red October, The
Ikari Warriors
Incredible Crash Dummies, The
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Ubisoft)
IronSword: Wizards and Warriors II
Jetsons: Cogswell's Caper, The
Jungle Book, The
Krusty's Funhouse
Mach Rider
Mission: Impossible
Nigel Mansell's World Championship Racing
Pirates!
Predator
Puzznic
Racket Attack
RoboCop 2
RoboCop 3
Robowarrior
Section Z
Side Pocket
Simpsons: Bartman Meets Radioactive Man, The
Slalom
Smash T.V.
Snake's Revenge: Metal Gear II
Solomon's Key
Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six
Stealth ATF
Swords and Serpents
Tecmo Cup Soccer
Tecmo World Wrestling
Top Gun: The Second Mission
To the Earth
Track & Field II
Trog
Ultimate Air Combat
Werewolf: The Last Warrior
Xevious
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:26:59 PM by Schlibby » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1175 on: October 16, 2019, 08:16:23 AM »

@EZ Racer - Glad you liked Ferrari and enjoyed the music as I did. Totally agree about going manual with the transmission, makes a huge difference.

@Fokakis79 - Good to see you back! Nice job on Total Recall. I don't remember that game being particularly good either, but the level with the X-Ray scanner was pretty cool.

I had a busier work night than anticipated so I didn't get a chance to play anything, but I'm planning to start L'Empereur so we can finally get some of these KOEI games started.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1176 on: October 16, 2019, 08:27:59 AM »

Okay, I'm going to officially relinquish my claim to Lolo 3. I've still made no progress, and I assume there are better players than me, who may be able to knock it out. I'm going to go ahead and claim Legendary Wings, in its place. I nearly beat it the other night, so I don't think it will take much to knock out.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1177 on: October 17, 2019, 08:19:49 AM »

Played a few hours of L'Empereur tonight and was feeling pretty good about it, but then then got decimated in my first invasion. Played around a bit more and am feeling a bit better about it. Hoping tonight I can earn some solid territory and figure out a safe method for battles.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1178 on: October 17, 2019, 09:37:54 AM »

I'm jumping in on this! I picked up an NES along with a few games that are on the remaining games list. I'm going to start with Platoon

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1179 on: October 18, 2019, 08:30:23 AM »

I'm jumping in on this! I picked up an NES along with a few games that are on the remaining games list. I'm going to start with Platoon

Really happy to have you join us Mr_Stubbes! The first part of Platoon is very easy to get lost in. If you can get through the maze, the rest of the game is much more straight forward and extremely short.

I put another big session into L'Empereur tonight. Feeling a lot better about it today. Started over from scratch again, but with the knowledge I got from my previous session. Was able to build up some much better defenses, make some alliances so that I don't have to worry about attack from all sides, amass some ships to eventually sail to England, figured out how Cannon production works and was able to defeat the Prussian army twice now so that they are currently cornered in their final city which I can hopefully defeat in about a year after I recruit and train some more troops. Also have a second sizable army that I was building up to take out Sweden and when I attacked after feeling good about my forces they simply ran away and gave up the city which was a pleasant surprise. Still a long ways to go, but at least I have a few new territories now.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1180 on: October 19, 2019, 07:50:22 AM »

Really happy to have you join us Mr_Stubbes! The first part of Platoon is very easy to get lost in. If you can get through the maze, the rest of the game is much more straight forward and extremely short.

That’s good to know. I’m still waiting on it to arrive in the post, it was supposed to be here yesterday, but that’s just how it goes I suppose. In the mean time I’ve been playing some Millipede. I do have a quick question about it though. For the victory conditions for it says that the game loops after level 16. Does this mean in order to beat the game you have to beat level 16?

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1181 on: October 19, 2019, 03:38:11 PM »

For the victory conditions for it says that the game loops after level 16. Does this mean in order to beat the game you have to beat level 16?

Correct
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1182 on: October 19, 2019, 04:37:06 PM »

Since that’s the case, I managed clear level 16 on Millipede. If I have time I may go back to see if I can make it further and up my high score.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1183 on: October 20, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »

Nicely done so far with Millipede, Mr_Stubbes! Also, I managed to get my 1st loop "cleare" on Legendary Wings, huzzah!

http://www.youtube.com/wa...ature=youtu.be&t=3441

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do the timecode in a video embed, so if anyone wants to see it, they'll just have to go to YT.

* Legendary Wings clear.jpg (1112.14 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 233 times.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 05:51:19 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1184 on: October 21, 2019, 08:00:32 AM »

Nice to add those two names to the list!! You guys rock. I've been putting a ton more time into L'Empereur still. Was able to wipe Russia off the map tonight and am closing in on Austria. While this has been happening England has been creeping it's way into some of my territories though so I'm a little worried for when I'll have to deal with them. After Austria I need to take out Turkey and then I should be able to focus better without countries surrounding me as I'll just have Spain and England left to my west.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length