RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:41:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | RFGen 2019 NES Challenge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 97 Print
Author Topic: RFGen 2019 NES Challenge  (Read 464008 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1185 on: October 22, 2019, 07:31:50 AM »

Took much longer than I wanted to, but took over Austria's territory now. Not feeling great about how depleted my forces are at the moment. Gonna take a little luck to build back up without getting slaughtered by the Spanish if this is going to work out otherwise I may have to start over again.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1186 on: October 22, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »

Took much longer than I wanted to, but took over Austria's territory now. Not feeling great about how depleted my forces are at the moment. Gonna take a little luck to build back up without getting slaughtered by the Spanish if this is going to work out otherwise I may have to start over again.
How does saving work in those Koei games? Do they have battery save? And if so can you only load a save once? Or can you keep reloading if you mess up?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1187 on: October 22, 2019, 09:25:26 AM »

How does saving work in those Koei games? Do they have battery save? And if so can you only load a save once? Or can you keep reloading if you mess up?

One save slot. So yes I can reload after a disastrous battle, but can't have multiple files going to do bigger backtracks if I put myself into a corner.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1188 on: October 23, 2019, 06:55:16 PM »

I'm not officially claiming it yet, but I'm casually trying out the NES "port" of Twin Eagle. This game is total BS. It's the worst kind of memorizer shmup. You have to know every enemy placement, and know when to snipe them before they can shoot at you. I haven't managed to get farther than stage 2 on a single credit yet, and even past stage 3 on the 3 credits the game gives you. It's pretty bad. I knew it was kinda garbage, but I think it might even be a little worse than I remembered.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1189 on: October 26, 2019, 12:10:05 AM »

Hudson Hawk is in the books!
Spoiler (hover to show)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1190 on: October 26, 2019, 12:12:38 AM »

The list is available games needs to be updates.  There are games listed that have already been completed and there are some games that are claimed that are not listed as claimed in the list.

SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1191 on: October 26, 2019, 04:37:50 AM »

I have been playing Adventure Island II lately hopefully that hasn't been already completed or claimed. Getting a lot better. Can get to the Third Island now. Game isn't too bad and the Dinos make it a tad bit easier in parts. Very fun game, although not surprised since I enjoy all of the Adventure Island games. Love the cartoony look of everything, the music is great and fits the island theme. Kinda puts me in a good mood while I am playing it except on the frustrating jumps.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1192 on: October 26, 2019, 05:22:40 AM »

Been playing Totally Rad. I’ve actually got to the end boss and lost. But the mini boss before him takes literally 10 minutes of cramp inducing boredom to beat with very easy to dodge attacks so not going to try again straight away.

But having got this far I want to claim it before someone else sweeps in and finishes before I do
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1193 on: October 26, 2019, 10:35:00 AM »

I'll tackle Bo Knows Baseball (Bo Jackson's Baseball)!  This will be interesting.

SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1194 on: October 26, 2019, 01:07:14 PM »

Been working on Platoon. I’ve memorized the path to the explosives and the directions to the tunnels. However, I keep getting a game over in the tunnels.... For now I’ll keep at it to see if I can get further.

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1195 on: October 26, 2019, 01:35:24 PM »

Almost done with Wrecking Crew. Phase 95 is a killer, though.
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1196 on: October 26, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »

I'll tackle Bo Knows Baseball (Bo Jackson's Baseball)!  This will be interesting.

Nice pun!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1197 on: October 26, 2019, 03:44:51 PM »

Sorry for slacking the last couple days. I'll update all the lists by tomorrow.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1198 on: October 26, 2019, 08:46:24 PM »

I made it through the tunnels but then got destroyed in the dugout...It’s a little annoying that you star with 5 lives in the first mission of the game but only get two lives in all of the other ones. I guess I’ll just have to keep trying to get even further in Platoon.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1199 on: October 27, 2019, 03:19:11 AM »

Finished off Adventure Island II, was able to find a secret skull in the game that gives you infinite continues basically. Still hard though. You still have to be pixel perfect and not make much mistakes to find your way at the end.

I should probably just release Swords & Serpents at this point I just don't have the time right now to play a long game like that right now. I didn't get very far in it. I think I made it to the third level of the dungeon. Instead I am going to claim Bram Stoker's Dracula to celebrate Halloween.

* RetroArch 10_27_2019 1_11_09 AM.png (224.13 KB, 1920x997 - viewed 205 times.)

* RetroArch 10_27_2019 1_11_29 AM.png (326.91 KB, 1920x997 - viewed 213 times.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:21:19 AM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 97 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length