RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:40:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2019 Playthrough - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrafice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: November 2019 Playthrough - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrafice  (Read 11323 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »

I think Microsoft saw we are playing this, and added it to the game pass

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 11:48:55 AM »

I think Microsoft saw we are playing this, and added it to the game pass

It's been on there at least since around E3 when I subscribed. That's what put the game on my radar. But yeah, good way to play it for free this month if you are a subscriber.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 05:31:44 AM »

I started the game yesterday. So far I like the story but the walk, fight and open door puzzle, rinse repeat. Style is kind of repetitive. I hope it gets a little more game play as I get further into it, but right now not thrilled with the game play.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 07:37:16 AM »

I started the game yesterday. So far I like the story but the walk, fight and open door puzzle, rinse repeat. Style is kind of repetitive. I hope it gets a little more game play as I get further into it, but right now not thrilled with the game play.

Well, I hate to tell you this...

I was not a huge fan of the puzzles but I loved the combat. It seems like a lot of people like one and not the other. The good thing is the game is pretty short and does introduce new minor gameplay elements as you go along.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 08:31:20 AM »

Honestly I don't really consider "find the Rune(s) to unlock the door" a puzzle, I think its more in line with forced exploration. This wouldn't be too bad if there was more to find instead of just the shrine's you can focus on to hear stories from your dead lover. The combat is okay, however I absolutely hate the shield enemies, as they are currently the bane of my existence.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 08:58:28 AM »

Honestly I don't really consider "find the Rune(s) to unlock the door" a puzzle, I think its more in line with forced exploration. This wouldn't be too bad if there was more to find instead of just the shrine's you can focus on to hear stories from your dead lover. The combat is okay, however I absolutely hate the shield enemies, as they are currently the bane of my existence.

For the shield guys, have you tried doing the melee attack? It momentarily knocks them back and leaves them open for a sword attack. Even with that they can be a pain.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 08:48:22 PM »

For the shield guys, have you tried doing the melee attack? It momentarily knocks them back and leaves them open for a sword attack. Even with that they can be a pain.

I have not tried that. I’ve been dodging to the left/right and taking a swipe at them. They just seem too resilient.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »

I really want to join you guys. Been striking out finding a cheap copy up here though and international shipping is kind of a deal breaker. Hope I luck into one shortly so I don't miss this month.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 08:02:51 PM »

I really want to join you guys. Been striking out finding a cheap copy up here though and international shipping is kind of a deal breaker. Hope I luck into one shortly so I don't miss this month.

You could always download it.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 01:02:19 AM »

You could always download it.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Digital version is still full price. More than I'd like to spend unfortunately.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »

I got back to the game yesterday, I just finished the 4 trials. I have very mixed feelings about Hellblade. It looks and sounds fantastic. The voices in Senua's head are so well done and playing it with headphones is great... however, I wear headphones all day at work, when I'm walking outside, when I'm commuting, at my computer. The last thing I want to do is put on headphones when I'm relaxing and playing a game on the couch or in bed. That's the biggest reason I put the game down for months. Without the headphone experience everything's a little less good.

I really like the combat. I generally don't enjoy very deliberate, parry based combat but for some reason it works for me here. But again, the full sound experience is really needed to know where attacks are coming from.

The puzzles are initially interesting. I like the idea of perspective puzzles, but they all seem to overstay their welcome. My interest in doing the puzzles wanes the further I go into the game.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:37:29 AM by Pam » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »

Hey everyone! As we roll into the holiday season I hope that everyone who wants to finish this game has time to do so. Rich and I have not set a recording date as of yet, but make sure to leave some final thoughts here if you wish and we'll read them on the show. Technically the end checkpoint is next week but I think everyone is either done or has given up.

I liked the game a lot but it was definitely a case of wanting to get through the story and dealing with the mechanics (I, like Pam, got worn out on the glyph puzzles pretty quickly, though I did like the combat a lot).

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »

I really need to finish this, because I want to see how the story unfolds: I’m going to make it a point to play these next few nights getting this done.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2019, 11:09:50 AM »

This month has been so busy.. still not played much... I played it and it crashed in the video after the fire demon, and I had to reload.. I've put it down and walked away.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »

This month has been so busy.. still not played much... I played it and it crashed in the video after the fire demon, and I had to reload.. I've put it down and walked away.

That stinks, Doug. I'm sorry that happened!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length