RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:19:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #66 - RF Generation Playcast (Saints Row: The Third) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Episode #66 - RF Generation Playcast (Saints Row: The Third)  (Read 11795 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 19, 2019, 01:49:14 PM »

COMING SOON

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:33:17 AM »

Episode is LIVE!!!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 11:07:41 AM »

Another great episode guys! It looks like I need to pick up a Wii now so I can get in on the competition in December!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 01:42:55 PM »

Another great episode guys! It looks like I need to pick up a Wii now so I can get in on the competition in December!

Should be a pretty cheap system to find now.  The three games total about $25 used.  We do our best to keep the price under $30 when we can.  Let me know if I can help with grabbing these games for people. I see them often.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 06:26:23 AM »

Should be a pretty cheap system to find now.  The three games total about $25 used.  We do our best to keep the price under $30 when we can.  Let me know if I can help with grabbing these games for people. I see them often.

Yeah it’s looking like I should have no issues finding one on the cheap. If I have any trouble finding those games I’ll let you know.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »

Quick correction: Shawn stated that I had not finished the game, but I definitely did. I put the time in. Beat the entire game and played some of the DLC missions and tried at least every type of activity at least once. Just decided I didn't need to go back and try to 100% the game or be a bigger part of the conversation on the boards for this one (didn't want to be a downer for everyone else enjoying it).

Man when Shawn started talking about his character in the game I laughed my ass off. "She's wearing hot pants, but not skanky hot pants......tasteful hot pants" [30 seconds later] "I dressed her as I would have dressed myself". I think I speak for everyone here when I say we need a pic of Shawn in his "tasteful hot pants"!

Really loving the lineup of games for the remainder of the year. I've beaten Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 3 and Dead Space Extraction, but all of those were years ago so I'm happy to revisit them. Not sure if Dead Space Extraction fits into a competition though. It's not like the typical light gun game. It's not designed as a quick arcade style shooter like most others with scores and lives and stuff. It's very narrative driven and meant to be played in it's entirety in much longer sessions. Might be hard to figure out a way to mesh it in with the other 2 games. Curious to know if you have ideas ford dealing with that already. If it turns out to be an issues there are several other awesome light gun shooters on the Wii that could replace it though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 08:36:55 AM »

Man when Shawn started talking about his character in the game I laughed my ass off. "She's wearing hot pants, but not skanky hot pants......tasteful hot pants" [30 seconds later] "I dressed her as I would have dressed myself". I think I speak for everyone here when I say we need a pic of Shawn in his "tasteful hot pants"!

Man, don't tempt him.  We'll never be able to unsee that you know. Cheesy

Really loving the lineup of games for the remainder of the year. I've beaten Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 3 and Dead Space Extraction, but all of those were years ago so I'm happy to revisit them. Not sure if Dead Space Extraction fits into a competition though. It's not like the typical light gun game. It's not designed as a quick arcade style shooter like most others with scores and lives and stuff. It's very narrative driven and meant to be played in it's entirety in much longer sessions. Might be hard to figure out a way to mesh it in with the other 2 games. Curious to know if you have ideas ford dealing with that already. If it turns out to be an issues there are several other awesome light gun shooters on the Wii that could replace it though.

I appreciate the input Crabby. This is one of the two games I've never played before, so I will watch a video and look into it. If what you say is true, we will need to look for a replacement. Like you said, there are a ton of arcade style shooters for the Wii, so it won't be an issue.  I'll also take suggestions.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »

Man, don't tempt him.  We'll never be able to unsee that you know. Cheesy

I appreciate the input Crabby. This is one of the two games I've never played before, so I will watch a video and look into it. If what you say is true, we will need to look for a replacement. Like you said, there are a ton of arcade style shooters for the Wii, so it won't be an issue.  I'll also take suggestions.

If you do look to replace Dead Space, Target: Terror gets my vote.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 10:44:44 AM »

Yeah, that or LA Machine guns were on my standby list

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »

Yeah, that or LA Machine guns were on my standby list

Hmmmm.... LA Machineguns/Gunblade NY going for around $50........  Target Terror around $20....  Trying to keep the price down for everyone during the holidays.  Thnking about Attack of the Movies 3D, since it runs about $5.  Anyone ever played this?

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 08:54:22 AM »

Fun episode about a fun game! I really liked hearing about how you all create your characters. My SR character is always me... but much, much cooler. And I go for the Laura Bailey voice as well.

You also hit on some of my favorite parts - namely the singalongs with your crew. Those are so great. The music they choose for the set pieces is also great, those are some of the best parts of the game.

Funky Cold Medina was one of my most played songs from the radio.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 12:43:24 PM »

Thanks for the listen Pam!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 06:26:13 AM »

Hey gang, thanks for listening and chiming in over here! Reading your responses and feedback is one of my favorite parts of doing this show!

Corrections:
-Donna Dresch is not the lead vocalist in Team Dresch. Kaya Kangaroo and Jody Coyote are credited as the singers.

-The Marina song is titled simply "Primadonna" not "Primadonna Girl."

Talking about who didn't finish the game in the way I did is something I would walk back if I could. I'll usually say something like "he/she is still working on it" but my thought process here is that a few of the participants here quit the game for specific reasons, and that we could discuss those reasons later on in the show. The two problems with that are that the show ran so long that those explanations had to be deprioritized and also that more than one of the DNFs went back to the game! I definitely won't be approaching DNFs in that way again.

Anyway I gotta go to work now *puts on tasteful hot pants*

Have a great day and thanks again for listening!

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 01:59:28 PM »

I haven't got through to the episode in my backlog yet, but as one of the "DNF...psyke!" folks, I can say it's okay if I'm still categorized as a DNF. I went back to it long enough to know that it was still something I was ultimately not going to stick with, and ultimately, my initial criticism still stands, despite me walking that back ever so slightly after a bit of reflection.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 03:16:20 PM »

I kind of felt the same way as Shawn in that I wish we would have at least discussed you guys issues with the game. Typically, we would have pulled some quotes and discussed them, but with a guest and running through the four hour mark, it really slipped my mind. Appreciate the feedback all as it can do nothing but make our show better.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length