RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:06:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #67 - RF Generation Playcast (Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #67 - RF Generation Playcast (Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon)  (Read 3116 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:22:34 PM »

We're here...............

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 03:09:31 PM »

Great episode! This has been a pretty tedious week at work for me, so this dropped at just the right time to help me get through hump day.

Regarding the replayability of the game, I actually agree with Rich that the added paths throughout the levels don't add too much to the experience, but it's neat that they're there. For me, the replayability perk came more from the different playthroughs and character options available.

As far as restarting checkpoints without any characters that have previously died, I agree that this wasn't handled well and is one of my biggest criticisms of the game. I would also usually just kill myself and use a continue to get my characters back whenever that happened. They should have either let you keep on playing with your remaining characters without breaking up the gameplay, or just give you all characters back at the checkpoint.

I agree that the bosses are all cool, and most (maybe all) of them reappear in Ritual of the Night so you can kick their asses all over again. As far as the desperation attack goes, I'm pretty sure that it can't actually kill you on any difficulty setting and is meant to be a throwback to Rondo of Blood.

If you guys ever decide to play Castlevania III, I would highly recommend playing the Japanese version. I know everybody talks about the music being better due to the extra sound chip, but it's actually quite a bit easier as well. There's a laundry list of different balancing tweaks they made to the North American release that makes the game more difficult and frustrating.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 09:01:02 PM »

Thanks for the listen brother!  Appreciate your insights on the game during the month as it gave us lots to talk about.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length