RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:45:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | For all you Halo fans out there... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: For all you Halo fans out there...  (Read 8451 times)
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 09:48:16 AM »

<SRG> Metallica sold out in 45 mins :/
<NotOneOfUs> Yeah I know.
<NotOneOfUs> Oh wait
<NotOneOfUs> You mean, like, a concert?
<SRG> yes

http://bash.org/?197845
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 09:48:27 AM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 09:50:16 AM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Awesome!

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 10:00:20 AM »

Metallica sold out and they suck for the most part now.  |D

While this is true , now at least they suck and are super rich...

Driving gold plated lamborghini's living in huge mansions with philipino house boys  (www.campchaos.com)

FIRE BAD !

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 10:06:30 AM »

Hehe, I got those Campchaos cartoons the first time around, still love them.

Me vs Gretzky
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 10:11:05 AM »

But I couldn't (and wouldn't) criticize a game that I've never played just because of my personal preference.

I never liked Halo that much even after I played it, and the same goes for Halo 2, so I'm not just saying this based upon a completely blind bias.  The same goes for my friend.

And in your statement, we can also insert "Sony" in place of Microsoft, can't we?

Indeed we can.  The same person who wrote this article wrote one about his experience with the PSP which I will probably be posting sometime soon.

Of course I am not trying to "pile" on to Cathfivebats here.

I know you're not trying to gang up on me or anything.  This is (technically) a debate, and if someone disagrees with me, he has the right to say so.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 10:11:50 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 11:41:54 AM »

person who wrote this article wrote one about his experience with the PSP which I will probably be posting sometime soon.

Why doesnt  he post it?

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 12:33:16 PM »

He doesn't "do" forums.  He's just not a big internet community kinda guy, I guess.  I've tried to get him on here several times, but he refuses to post, so I'm doing it for him.

- CFB
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 12:33:34 PM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2005, 12:55:57 PM »

He doesn't "do" forums.  He's just not a big internet community kinda guy, I guess.  I've tried to get him on here several times, but he refuses to post, so I'm doing it for him.

- CFB

CFB ,

No offense CFB.... But I honeslty think I would have to avoid discussions with this guy if he were on rfg , dp or hardcore.... :-/ Fanboyism is a major pet peeve (sp?) of mine.

What I want to know is what would you rate the game ? Have you played it enough to give it a fair shake ? You cant compare this to a P.C. FPS game though  Wink

Like I said before.... I would give it an 8.5 out of 10 (pushing a 9 mind you)

The graphics are / were great for a console game.

The controls are pretty damn good for a console game

The story is just fine thank you. They even sold books explaining stuff and the books sold well.

Online play is pretty freaking sweet for a console game as well.  (minus the cheaters)

And the music is actually nice.

These are my opinions   Wink

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2005, 02:38:43 PM »

Well since everyone has voiced there opinions on Halo game series and more specifically Halo 2 this time why not just lock this bad boy up.

I can't see just letting everyone banter back and forth about it.

There are always going to be people who hate Halo just because and there are always going to be fanboys.

I'm just so god damn sick of the banter.
Halo 2 was actually a good game.
Overrated yes.

Sold millions
Yes
Appealed to the masses yes again.

You hate the game get over it.

And BTW CFB your friend is a damn idiot.
I haven't botheered to all this garbage so i don't know if anyone else has said it so blutnly but to rate a game of that calibur a 0 out of 10 is fucking retarded.

I give FF7 a 0 out of 10 because it was sooo overated and clearly was not the best FF game made. O yea and i don't really like RPGs too. Same goes for FFX.
Gamecube sucks because it is a kids system. All it has is baby games
Xbox is gey because it is huge and has all stupid shitty games.
Ps2 is teh awesome because SOCOM pwnzors.

I hate everyone who makes all encompassing moronic comments similair to the ones i posted above.
If you actually haven't given the game a remotely fair chance or hate it just because of the company that makes it or because it is massively popular or whatever else just STFU about it and post about some game or system or series or whatever that you actually do lik or could atleast give a fair opinion about.

Probably a shitty rant. I hate doing them. But whatever

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2005, 03:12:19 PM »

I hate Sony !!!!

Bt not because they are #1

Because they make shit that breaks all the time. How many PS2's have you heard about breaking?

PLus during the holidays when Nintendo and Microsof where doing bundle deals sSony was FU costumer.

Also all their home electronics stuff is WAY over priced.

[/sidetrack]
[/rant]

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 04:59:30 PM »

I dont think I have seen a thread turn bad over here  Huh

True alot of it does seem like banter....

And the thread is based on fanboyism.....

Lock it if you want to.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2005, 06:20:51 PM »

Yeah, go ahead and lock it before this gets any worse if you feel like it.  I apologize for this...I'll keep my Halo-hater ways out of this site.  Also, I would probably give the game, based entirely on gameplay, around a 5 or 6 out of 10.  I find the single-player to be pretty boring, and the multiplayer to be fun for a while if I'm playing with the right people.  Just not really my kind of game, I guess.

- CFB

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2005, 06:23:16 PM »

Yeah, go ahead and lock it before this gets any worse if you feel like it.  I apologize for this...I'll keep my Halo-hater ways out of this site.  Also, I would probably give the game, based entirely on gameplay, around a 5 or 6 out of 10.  I find the single-player to be pretty boring, and the multiplayer to be fun for a while if I'm playing with the right people.  Just not really my kind of game, I guess.

- CFB

I dont think people care that you don't like Halo at all. I know I don't. It was the "review" of 0 out of 10 that made people think it was stupid.

I don't really liek fighting games but I wouldn't give a review of Street Fighter 2 a 0 out of 10 because I don't like fighting games.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2005, 10:16:56 AM »

Tynstar hit the nail right on the head.

Thats exactly what i meant.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2005, 11:26:28 AM »

I dont think people care that you don't like Halo at all. I know I don't. It was the "review" of 0 out of 10 that made people think it was stupid.

But that's not the point of the article at all...  Even the guy who wrote it told me that score was ridiculous.  As a matter of fact, just ignore the score completely.  The point of the article was to show why Halo isn't nearly as good as everybody says it is.  Like I said in an earlier post, he "gave" it that score because by the time he finished writing the article, he was so pissed off about it that he gave the game a 0 out of 10 just to spite the fanboys.  This wasn't meant to be a literal review of the game, just an article stating his opinion.

Lordy , lord....Microsoft is totally evil and never puts out anything good. (seriously , thats what it sounds like)

That's because that is what he's saying.  I can honestly say that nothing Microsoft has put out has interested me in the slightest.  

I have 4 games for my Xbox:
Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics
The Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind
Metal Slug 3
Sid Meier's Pirates!

Note that none of these games were published or developed in any way by Microsoft.  (As a matter of fact, I can't think of any Xbox games that Microsoft has been directly involved in the publishing/development of.  Sounds to me like they're just using the 'box to make more money.  What a shocker that is.)  These are more than likely the only games I will ever buy for my Xbox.  As for Xbox 360, there is one game in the whole starting line-up that interests me:  The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I hope and pray that the Revolution will open people's eyes to what gaming should be like, but since the 360 pre-orders are already sold out (or, at least, that's what I've heard), things are looking pretty bleak for me and my kind.

Damn you, Microsoft...

- CFB
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 11:49:25 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length