RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | On the job 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: On the job  (Read 14316 times)
Tan
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 01:38:26 AM »

i'm a joker, i'm a smoker, i'm a midnight toker king

seriously though, at the moment i build and fix PC's and do a bit of gunsmithing on the side.
David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »

Well, today I had an interview for a job at a grocery store, and I got it. It'll work perfect for me.. Smiley

No more fast food? nod
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2006, 11:39:30 PM »

I put people in jail for a living laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh ninja nono

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2006, 01:13:30 AM »

Well, today I had an interview for a job at a grocery store, and I got it. It'll work perfect for me.. Smiley

No more fast food? nod

What you doing? Stocking, bagging?

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

Filled out a job app yesterday.
Was told to wait 1-2 weeks
Got called back today for an interview tomorrow:)

Hopefully all goes well.
Never been interviewed for a job before.

EDIT
I will be a package handler at FedEx.
12$s an hour and college tuition assistance Smiley

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »

I still have nightmares from my one and only real job interview. no

My other interviews have been along the lines of:

"Do you want a job?"
"Mmmk"
"You're hired!"

My current jobs are in a community centre for people with mental health problems. On Thursdays I work in the kitchen, preparing meals. I like that job because it's behind the scenes and there isn't much pressure. It's also a small team, so we get along well together. That is at adult minimum wage (Over 21s), £5.05/hr

At the weekends the community centre is open as a cafe/restaurant. I work as supervising manager, making sure people do their jobs, working the till, bossing people around, preparing drinks, and telling people what to do. That job is ok but it's out in the open, where I serve demanding customers. The way the place is run as a business is embarrassing at times, and we, on the front, have to bear the brunt of customers not happy with it. It has its perks, like the people who know us by name. But I'm a perfectionist, which means if something isn't completely right I feel like it's a complete failure. So if one person isn't happy with something it ruins my whole day and I focus on that one problem. It's also demoralising when we take stupidly low amounts of money.

My wages went from £5.50/hr to £6/hr last week because of my promotion, and in October our wages are going up by 50p, so I'll be on £6.50/hr.

If we weren't a charity the weekend cafe would have been closed a long time ago. I want to quit that job but it wouldn't look good on my CV if I said I quit a few weeks after being put in charge. That, and it's also more money than I'd make anywhere else at my age.
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 09:10:47 AM »

i am a clerk at the local board of elections.  obviously, weve been slammed the past couple of months in the build up to the 2006 november election.  ive been working 60+ hours a week, but all the OT will help me pay down the girlfriends credit card and get a jump start in saving up for our wedding next year
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length