RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:50:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | New game = best Mortal Kombat ever? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: New game = best Mortal Kombat ever?  (Read 10277 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2006, 07:35:22 PM »

You all die now.

djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2006, 01:14:54 AM »

Chalk it up for one more fighter that is better than mortal kombat. KoF 2006 is pure blyss, best 2d-3d transistion yet(KoF maximum impact is close second lol). really it bridges the gaps nicely between 2d and 3d fans alike and for $30 its a steal.  :^D
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2006, 12:02:35 PM »

does KoF have fatalities? how about interactive level design? kan you make your own character like what mk:a is set up do do? how about minigames? any KoF puzzle fighter? kart racer?

all fighters have advantages and disadvantages, but i'm basically a fan of the genre in a general sense and when i hear someone saying how much "mk sucks" or the like, i defend what mk does that the others don't do. sure it's not perfect or as polished as some of the other fighters out there, but it's got a balance of fun gameplay, kool well-animated kharacters that don't look like they've come out of an anime kartoon, and buckets of bloody karnage which many of the others kannot klaim.

and at least mk has made the jump to 3d, unlike the SFII series which keeps repackaging essentially the same game over and over and over....

djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 12:47:37 AM »

i really wouldnt care about the mini games, kart racing and puzzle fighting (all ripped from other games, especially the puzzle fighter. that looks exactly like street fighter puzzle series). it all seems like a distraction from the mediocre gameplay (have not played the final mk but if its anything like the others it will receive the same response). i agree fighting games should be fun but mk is just the opposite, the gameplay is weak, animations are weaker, fatalities are a cheesy end "bonus".

and to correct you, street fighter has made a jump to 3d although they were horrible attempts. your are also forgetting sf3 and the alpha series. granted they may be repackaged, the gameplay is solid.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2006, 12:09:17 PM »

The only good fighters are Bushido Blade 1 and 2, and Tekken 3.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

Fighters suck

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2006, 10:56:03 PM »

Tynstars suck.

This thread isn't about any other fighters but the new MK game.
Take your bullshit to a new thread please.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2006, 12:09:17 AM »

Tynstars suck.

This thread isn't about any other fighters but the new MK game.
Take your bullshit to a new thread please.

You can modify the post.

Actually MK is the only fighter series I still buy. I will prolly get the new MK once it is 20-25 bucks.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2006, 06:39:39 AM »

It was their friendly warning.

I know the PS2 and Xbox versions are coming out at 40$s.
The PS2 GameCrazy Exclusive is probably 50$s
Wii will probably be 50$s.
60$ if i am wicked unlucky.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2006, 04:22:09 PM »

The one thing that I'm concerned about with MK:A is that from the footage I've seen, they took out the combo-breaker. Which sucks because I like having the option of getting out of a "broken combo" situation.

And now, with all the aerial attacks that they're adding, the casual player is more likely than ever to get cremated against online opponents.

Another problem that I hope they fix is the balance of the characters special moves. The characters with easy special moves (i.e. Baraka, Liu Kang) are often the only ones that seem to get played online while many of the other interesting characters don't get any play at all. It would be great if they could get a "Fiesta" mode for online play where you never knew which character you'd be playing, both players would get a random character. That way, there'd be less skill disparity between those that only play a character like Baraka or Liu Kang and those that play the more complex characters like Mileena, Bo Rai Cho, and the like.

I'm probably going to get the game eventually, but like Tynstar I'll probably wait for the price to drop before doing so. Although I'll admit that could change if the game gets ratings in the 90% or higher...and the create your own character does look like an appealing feature...we'll see.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2006, 09:20:33 AM »

Pre orders come with a art cell.

So i will be getting the game, art cell, store display all hopefully day of launch.
I am debating taking the huge window cling off the side of building too..... but i am told that those are stickers?

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2006, 09:47:33 PM »

Ironic, this game actually interests me now.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2006, 01:22:54 AM »

Just because of an art cell?

Or something that was said earlier?

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2006, 11:22:01 PM »

The Art Cells are all over eBay already which seems sketchy to me.

There are a bunch of posters too.
Most of which are obvious fakes.

Fuckshit.

I just found out too that there are multiple Premium Edition covers :-/
I guess i will keep my preorder on the non premium version and hopefuly pick up a lot on eBay with all the variants like i use to see for Deception Kollector's Edition :-/

EDIT:
Strange on mkarmageddon.com they say Gamestop is giving out Art Cells with preorders and GameCrazy is giving away posters with a preorder.

But i am supposed to be getting the art cell with my preorder from GameCrazy... as well as the store display and store poster and any other freebies they get.

Or so i was told. I better that was the only reason i got the MVP card >:-0
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:28:19 PM by Izret101 » Logged

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2006, 03:41:15 PM »

Just found out that the xbox version of MK:A doesn't come out until next week...WTF!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length