RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:15:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Guitar Hero!!! PS2 & Xbox 360 versions!  (Read 77772 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« on: February 15, 2006, 04:53:40 AM »

this is the coolest freakin game I've ever played. I did the tutorial and tried all the tunes available in quick play. I did pass Iron Man on medium as well. I really want to start career mode tonight so I can unlock more songs.

buy this game! NOW!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 09:32:36 AM by den68 » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 05:41:32 AM »

this is the coolest freakin game I've ever played. I did the tutorial and tried all the tunes available in quick play. I did pass Iron Man on medium as well. I really want to start career mode tonight so I can unlock more songs.

buy this game! NOW!

I have really....really been wanting to get this.
What is the price point on it right now ?

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 06:25:14 AM »

I've been buying PS2 DDR games for a while, and when I get my tax return I will definitely consider it. Until that money shows up, however, no Guitar Hero for me.

Hello World.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 06:29:45 AM »

I assume the game comes with the plastic guitar?  Or do you have to buy that separately?

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 08:32:15 AM »

It is sold with it.
In a massive cool looking box.

I REALLY want to get that too.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 09:40:56 AM »

I really want this too!! Give!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 09:58:17 AM »

I bought this about a month ago from Gamestop for $80.  It is $70 at most other places, but the one I bought from Gamestop was the first one I saw in a while

This weekend I finally beat the game on hard, and now I am going through and trying to get a 5 star ranking on all of the songs on hard.  I did this on medium and even that took a little effort on some songs.  I still have to get 5 stars on Ace of Spades, No One Knows, all of the Face melter songs, and all of the bonus songs.  Should take a while, and then I'm on to expert.

Oh yeah, and a funny little story.  One of my other friends has this, so we both brought our guitar controllers to a Superbowl party we went to.  At this point, my friend had beaten it on hard already, but I hadn't.  We started to playing head-to-head and my friend was playing with sort of a cocky demeanor.  I beat him in that match, getting 100% on Spanish Castle Magic, which of course he wasn't pleased with.  So the next match we played against each other, we were playing Texas Flood and during one of the solo parts I dropped to me knees, put the guitar behind my head and played the part perfectly en route to another perfect score.

I swear to God, I have never heard that much profanity spew from someone in my entire life.  You would have thought that I slapped one of his kids.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 10:25:34 AM »

Sauza, funny story. i like it when someone thinks they rule in a game and you beat them hands down. the game sounds sweet. can somebody tell me if you have to have instrument skills? i've never touched a guitar before, so how hard would it be for a beginner?

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
VACRMH
Jaguar CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »

can somebody tell me if you have to have instrument skills? i've never touched a guitar before, so how hard would it be for a beginner?

The game builds up slowly. So it's pretty easy to learn.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 11:35:15 AM »

Capt it is 69.99 at Fry's.

I need to get this game.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »

Capt it is 69.99 at Fry's.

I need to get this game.

Oooooo, so tempted. But I gotta wait until I here back on a few items I am trying to buy :-/

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

I got it for $70 at Best Buy.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 04:25:12 PM »

I bought the game with part of the tax refund I have yet to recieve, pretty good, and addicting.

Hello World.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 06:40:21 AM »

I played through on easy so far. medium up next.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 06:41:02 AM »

One of my friend threw a Guitar Hero party on Saturday.  We had about 20 people all drunk as hell playing some head-to-head Guitar Hero.  Since I've played it so obsessivly I was the only one that was any good.  I even beat somebody playing left handed.  However, I did suffer my first head to head loss ever........to my girlfriend.  That stung.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length