RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:51:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Golf 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Golf  (Read 2911 times)
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« on: March 26, 2006, 02:30:48 PM »

Anyone here play golf? How well do you shoot? How long do you drive? What clubs do you use?

Thought I would ask since I really haven't been here long and I love the game. I'll respond after someone gives me an idea that they are interested.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »

I used to play.   Had big bertha drivers and tomy armour irons, but the clubs were stolen from my garage two summers ago.  At the driving range I used to frequent, I could hit the ball beyond the markers and into the woods, which was somewhere between 250 and 300 yards, but that is with some help from the terrain (it's downhill.)  I can hit it long, but never straight, so I consider myself to be a horrible golfer.  I used to play a lot, but I only played three or four times the last summer that I had clubs.  I think I would be happy with just a driver and trips to the driving range, it's more fun than chasing the damn ball.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 06:16:27 AM »

I try to play golf, but it isn't at all odd for me to go an entire season without playing.  I just can't seem to find the time to play.

That being said, I am good with the drivers and irons, but I can't putt for shit.  On a par 5, I can get to the green in 3 shots, but I'll end up with a 6 or 7 on the hole.  

I think the longest drive I've had was around 250 yards, but that's just a guess.  I wish I could tell you what kind of clubs I use, but I can't remember. I finally got around to upgrading my putter and driver two years ago.  Now I've got to get some new irons.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 06:26:17 AM »

I use to play a lot. When I did play a lot  I played one couse 3-4 times a week. I could shoot in he 80's on that course and in th emid 90's on other courses.

Now I hardly every play maybe once or twice ever year.

I believe I use Wilson clubs.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:28:04 AM »

last time i went to the driving range i almost hit another person that was 8 or 9 places down from me guess that tells you what kind of golfer i am

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 09:55:06 AM »

Oh as far as driving goes I never use my drive. I use my 3 wood and when a hit it right (not very often) I can hit it 250-275 range.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 12:50:02 PM »

All I do at the golfing range is laugh at my friends and go grab the GOLF balls when they're close to the box.

When shall his new form be revealed?
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 03:03:36 PM »

Well, I have been playing for about 8 years or so. I used to play so much in high school that I got down to shooting in the 70s a couple of times. I can still shoot the 80s pretty consistently though. My drive is the best part of my game. I have been hitting a Ping TISI driver with 7 degree loft and an XStiff shaft. I have hit 3 that I remember being over 400 yards and a bunch more over 350. Here next month, I am going to try to qualify for the RE/MAX Long Drive Competition.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 07:20:16 PM »

speaking of golf  do you watch the masters golf tournment....i actually watch every year one of the best ones is when jack nickalus won back in 1986

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 05:43:19 AM »

I try to watch at least some of the Masters if I can. And I have seen some replays of the 86 Masters. Couldn't watch it live, I was 3.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length