RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:28:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Re: Revolution news! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Re: Revolution news!  (Read 10304 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 04:47:49 PM »

I agree Smiley

Hate a system because of more reasons than the name.

But unfortunately a bad name is the first bad presentation of the system no one knows almost anything about.

But like one of those articles stated by the time E3 rolls around hopefully they will be wowing us.

But they should have picked a shittier code name than Revolution.
Like Swordfish(like Dolphin for N64) or something. The Nintendo Swordfish would have sucked and obviously been a codename.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 04:59:57 PM »

Sucks Tongue

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 08:01:38 PM »

Wow, I really hope that the name didn't throw you off of the Revolution. I hear names reflect so well how good or bad the system and its games will be.

It is extremely absent minded to judge on just a name. Judge at least on the games announced and controller, or better yet, wait until E3 to pass any real judgement. Dismissing a system because it has a stupid name is rediculuous, and if that is truly the reason why you are ditching the console, then why did you not ditch the Xbox?

Your experience is made by the games, not by the name. Don't forget that.

Oui. Oui. I agree. I'm just having fun with the puns that can be created from the name. And I certainly would never disregard a system based on name only.

As far as the console itself, prior to the name change, the controller still is putting me off, and unless the games are spectacular, it's going to remain the next generation console that's of the least interest to me. And I already have a N64 and GC, so backward capability is a moot point.

I guess there's been nothing about the system that impresses me so far, that's all. After E3, maybe that will change, we'll see...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:04:08 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 09:00:49 PM »

Little boys playing with their Wii, thats no Revolution.  

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 11:11:12 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh

When shall his new form be revealed?
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 11:57:10 PM »

I know there's nothing in a name but I think this could severely hinder Nintendo's sales, especially in the U.K.
My reasoning behind this being that the word Wii (or Wee) has two slang meanings over here. The first being small or tiny. This may well give a perception of inadeqacy when two other "big" players are out there in Sony and Microsoft.
The other meaning for Wee is piss, which I really don't think I have to explain why it could have an affect.
Revolution would have been a far more universal name, people have been calling it by this name for the last twelve months and people will have now made asociations to it.
I feel this could be a fairly bad move in Nintendo's rise back to domination.
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 12:02:46 AM »

guess it will be ok now to play with your wii wii in public

i sure hope they dont call it that
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:04:35 AM by wrldstrman » Logged

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »

@ AndyC that slang exists here too Wink

Imagine what this might mean in some asian dialect...

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 04:22:16 AM »

I just now found this thread...Wii??

You've got to be kidding....the controlers already had me a little spooked and this just makes things worse for me.

Having said that...I'll probably get one anyway Smiley

I remember way back when the PS was about to make its debut.  There were alot of us at Babbage's (where I worked at the time) who thought the controllers were ugly mutants that no one would touch.  "Too many buttons, looks too hard to hold"...  I also remember alot of us making fun of the name "Playstation."  Sounded like some sort of little kids toy.

But, once we got them, set them up and started playing them in the store, our minds were changed and I bought one immediately.  That's what I'm hoping will happen, for me, with Wii.  I'll go into Game Crazy, or wherever, play it, like the controllers, and buy one on the spot.  Hey, if it worked for me for the PS, who's to say it won't work for Wii?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 04:24:01 AM by Pop_Culture_Portal » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 04:26:24 AM »

I never thought about that...
How it will play inj store demos.
The controller will probably be tethered at the bottom.

Thats gonna suck too.

I am pretty dissapointed.
PennyArcade has a comic about it but i couldn't view it yet.
Wouldn't load. :-/

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 05:07:28 AM »

What a great name!  Roll Eyes

Who makes decisions like this? What a bunch of morons! At least the system itself still interest me  Smiley

NationalGameDepot
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 05:14:12 AM »

Why oh Why?  This is the most retarded thing I have ever seen.  Revoultion was so much better, and made the system have a somewhat mysterious feel to it.  This could really hurt Nintendo I am afraid, but we shall see.

maybe they'll name their next handeheld the Wii Wii   [Roll Eyes]  

WOW, Awesome.  There  are going to be so many joke about this.  It gives people who already don't Nintendo so many ways to make fun it now.  I am pissed about this name change for some reason. Angry
~~NGD

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 07:44:45 AM »

This is so funny.  When the Revolution announced what their new controller would be like, this forum was 95% people bitching and moaning about it.

Fact is Nintendo is aiming for a bigger market than hard-core video game nuts.  Sucks, but that's the way it is.

As dumb as you might think they are, they're smarter than you.  They've got lots and lots of focus groups in at least three different markets pounding name ideas on their target audience (which is huge) day in and day out.

Apparently they've alienated hard core video game nerds with this name, I doubt they care.

They're thinking outside the box, why is it so hard for you people to do the same?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 07:47:07 AM by yap » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 07:56:13 AM »

Now thats funny!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Do I think the name is stupid? I sure do.
Does it really matter? No not really
Will I get the system? Damn right I will. If it is under 200 I will get one at launch.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 08:01:12 AM by tynstar » Logged

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2006, 08:00:19 AM »

They're thinking outside the box, why is it so hard for you people to do the same?

:ownedsign:

We need an applause emoticon

Hello World.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length