RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407289 times)
philosophyst
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2005, 08:03:28 AM »

My name is Jeremy and as I start this out, I can't help but feel like this is a personal ad for dating or something.  Cheesy

On that note, I am 28 and married with two kids.  We live in Phoenix, AZ and I guess I am just as much a collector as I am a gamer.  I'm not sure if there is a fine line there but sometimes I feel like I am looking for games at sales or on ebay more than I am actually playing.  

I love the NES, grew up on it.  But, for gaming purposes I have been playing quite a bit of the Cube lately.  This is a little embarrassing because it seems like such a childish game sometimes but I am currently addicted to Animal Crossing.  I also got my wife hooked on it and then my 4 year old son.  Actually, he is becoming quite the little gamer!  I just picked up a Gamecube game at Sam's Club yesterday called "Tonka Rescue Patrol" and I can't pull him off the thing.  He woke up this morning and was playing it before he got ready for school (Pre-Kindargarten).  On a side note, the Sam's Club here in Phoenix (the one near me anyway) has their GC games for under $13 each!  It's about the cheapest GC games I have seen at a retail store.

That's about it for now, I only belong to a couple forums like this, DigitPress being the other main one.  Actually, the only other forum I go to is animalcrossingcommunity.com which helps me keep track of my AC inventory items and chat with the other Animal Crossing geeks.  Jeez....am I really 28 already!!!  laugh
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2005, 10:21:53 AM »

Hi My name Is Steve and I'm 25 ..I'm starting to Collect SNES games,I guess the reason I want to collect SNES is when I was younger I had about 150 snes games that were stolen Now I have about 20 Anyways I'm from Daytona Beach Florida..

Mr_Flibble
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2005, 01:33:18 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Alastair, 14 from good old Britian.
Well, Northen Ireland, but its part of the UK, so I say I'm British.
Although I'm young, I'm a dedicated retro gamer, collecting mainly snes, n64, Amiga and Atari games.
My favourite type of game is the LucasArt's adventure game. I don't have a favourite game, but I do love Final Fantasy 4, Super Metroid, Goldeneye and Monkey Island.
I'm my spare time I'm a programmer and artist, and indulge myself by making my own games. And I say w00t a lot.

My ultimate goal is to own my own software company, or failing that, the world's largest taco-shaped Death-RayTM.

w00t!

w00t!
-hellvin-
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2005, 02:02:53 AM »

Hi, my name is Jeff, I live in Arizona and I collect video games.
pots555
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2005, 04:54:08 PM »

Hi!

My name is Denis and I'm 33 years old.  I live near Montreal and am a big fan of the Intellivision and the Atari.

I have just started collecting games from both of these fine machines and been having a lot of fun doing so.
My goal is to get all of the Intellivision games before I die...wich, hopefully, will not be soon since I have a 4 months old little guy. |D |D

See you around!
Nintendo Psycho
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2005, 06:02:26 AM »

Hello! My name is Jason Hogan. I'm from Newfoundland and I have an NES collection that I started back in 1999 and i now have 321 games.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 06:09:56 AM by juggalones7 » Logged

The best band.
Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2005, 06:18:29 AM »

Hi, my name is Dave and I'm a compulsive game collector.   Roll Eyes  To support my habit I am currently employed  as a computer geek/programmer.  

Some of you will know me from Digital Press as I was Cuewarrior over there.  

I collect for all systems, but the only complete collection I have is the Microvision, all CIB.  

Currently, I'm a Halo 2 on Live addict, and nothing has grabbed me this hard since Vice City.  

Anyway, I look forward to trading ideas with the rest of you addicts.  

« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:18:50 AM by Sensei_Fu » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2005, 03:37:20 PM »

I'm Gary, 38, from Waterford, MI. I work in Program Planning for an automotive supplier. I got back into video console gaming at the beginning of 2004 after about an 8 year absence (my last system was a SegaGenesis).

After seeing all the capabilities of the Xbox and playing it at a friend's house I was hooked. It also helped that I had a $50 gift certificate to a local mall burning a hole in my pocket (EBGames got that).

After trading in some old Magic:the Gathering cards that I never used, I used the cash from that to help finance building my XBox library (44 titles at present). I'm very happy to point out that I've paid full price for a game only once (Prince of Persia: Sands of Time@$49.99; which remains unfinished :-/). The rest of the titles I've been able to acquire from ebay, used titles from retail discount bins, special sales, gifts,  using Replay Rewards from Media Play, trade ins, etc.

The game score that I'm most happy I took advantage of was trading in Fable (paid $40 new when it first came out) and getting $36 credit towards Halo 2. Effectively, I was able to play the snot out of Fable for 5 or 6 weeks for the low low price of 4 bucks. Not bad. I was also able to find Disgaea for PS2 for $10 at a local flea market.

My first system was the 2600. Eventually I upgraded to the NES. Then traded that in to get the SegaGenesis. After selling the Sega in '95, I hadn't had the desire to purchase a console until I discovered all the capabilities of the XBox. I haven't looked back since.

My earliest video game memory was going to a bar/restaraunt with my parents and playing a game of pong on a stand up machine with my dad. Yes, I am that old!  |D

Thanks to den68 for introducing me to this site.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:48:28 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2005, 07:07:42 AM »

Hello,
I'm Zac.  I live in Noblesville, IN, I'm 18 years old, and I am currently a student in high school (hoping to graduate this year).  I've been playing video games since before I can remember.  I just started collecting about a year ago, and at that time I had all the modern systems and a SNES.  Since then, I have amassed a total of around 21 systems, including different models.  I am a big Nintendo and Sega fan, and I like everything else about equally, with the exception of XBox.  I had an XBox, but I sold it right before the release of Halo 2 for $100 simply because I was getting tired of all the hype over games that didn't deserve it (Halo & Fable mainly), as well as the fact that I couldn't find any games I could get into on XBox that weren't multi-platform.  (The money I got from selling the XBox went almost entirely toward Gamecube games. |D)

I'm hoping that this site will provide me with a way to fill my ample amounts of free time, as well as helping me to become integrated into the collecting community.

-CFB

- Zac
terzi
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »

hey everybody. im adam im 14  and im  Anthonys brother or as some of  you know him by izret.i live in springfield mass also. i just collect what i can get that is cheap. but i do collect all the final fantasy things i currently own about 8 final fantasy titles. unfortunatly though i've only beaten 1 of them which i find kind of shameful. ive always loved video games and have always strived to beat my brother in them. i currently own about 50 games... i think. across 5 or 6 consoles. well thats pretty much it.
zippy
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2005, 01:23:45 PM »

I'm Chris, 33 from Warwickshire in the UK. I've had loads of computers and consoles and lost/sold them all.
These include Intellivision+Speech Synth and B17 Bomber and Solar Sailor, wish I still had that! I also had ZX Spectrum, Commodore Amiga, SNES, N64, Gameboy, Dreamcast, PS1, Various PC's from 386 on and Grandstand and Tomy 3D handheld.
Currently  I own a Gamecube, GBA-SP and PC
My all times greats include Super Mario Anything, Zelda Anything, Chronotrigger, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, etc.
The games that annoy me most are ones with download content to complete - Skies of Arcadia on DC for example. I don't believe you should ever have to hook to the internet or another piece of hardware to see everything in a game.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2005, 10:50:13 AM »

Well, I think it's about time I introduce myself Wink

I'm Pieter, 20 years old, and currently studying international Economics at the University of Maastricht, the Netherlands.  I started collecting NES games/accessories & anything else Nintendo related from the era of the NES, when I was about 12 years old and living in the US (California).  After a couple years of collecting, I took a long break, moved to Belgium, and just recently started getting back into the collecting habits a few weeks ago.  I've always liked video/pc games, and it all started with the Amiga 500 when I lived in Germany (it was really popular over there).  I mostly stopped gaming after moving to Belgium, since I'm not much of a solo player...I do like RPGs, but I prefer playing with friends...and since hardly any of my friends are true gamers around here, I don't do a lot of gaming anymore...which really isn't that bad, since it's usually just a waste of time anyways Wink  My interests in collecting at the moment are just to reach some milestones, fill some collections, and get ahold of some nice PAL games, accessories, and all of the pirated stuff that seems to be somewhat common around here Wink

-Speedy

Vladimir
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2005, 12:33:27 PM »

Well, howdy.  If you'll look to your left, you will see that my name is Vladimir.  Nothing to do with that impailer guy, I got my name from some Polish guy that I work with.  by the way, I work at the Indianapolis Zoo.

My favorite system would prolly be the N64, soley for the two Zelda games.  My first system was the N64, but even so I have high respect for older games.  In other words, I know where I come from.  I'm more of the kind of person that plays the games rather than mmaking a huge effort to collect them.  Anime and manga is what I make an effort to collect.

Just a head's up, I fucking hate Xbox and Microsoft.  Don't even get me started.  Everyting else is cool though.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2005, 07:33:15 PM »

I don't know if it's dumb to reply to this thread with my first post or not, oh well here goes: Amongst my many other hobbies I like to lay claim to I (obviously) collect games. I'm one of those collect them to play them sorts of people. Besides the computer stuff I have about 7 systems and am closing in on 100 games between them all with about 70 of them being NES. I am always trying to grow my collection but there is that money thing which gets in the way sometimes. Being as my collection in realitivly small you may think I am new to the hobby, but I still have my first NES which was one of the earlyer ones and have never gotten rid of anything. I guess I'm just slow. I have been trying to do better lately as I only reciently picked up an Odessy^2 off ebay for all of $2.25.

I will try and do a good job of writing on this fourm as it looks like an intresting place to be, but I have to warn you I have a history of posting little on the net. I basicly like to lurk around and see what everyone else has to say, haha.
Galb
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2005, 07:49:32 AM »

Hy ppl!

I'm a bit far away from most of  you geographically (Central-Europe), but I'm also a fan of video games... and this site is cool, yeah! Cheesy
I'm collecting Nintendo stuff, however I'm only at the very beginning with a few games. (I had several other consoles in the past, but money is a great lord and I had to sell them for other stuff)
I envy some of u (especially ppl in the US), b/c getting NES/SNES games here is a bit hard... fans are hiding somewhere and not willing to share Cheesy
My favs are Zelda, Pikmin, Castlevania, Mario  games, (and to mention a non-Nintendo title) DMC...
Dunno what else to say... I just wanted to have my first post so much ^_^

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length