RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:34:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Am I the only one who doesn't like Gran Turismo? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Am I the only one who doesn't like Gran Turismo?  (Read 3360 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 06:00:47 AM »

Grand Turismo IS overrated and it has horrible control. I'd rather play Rush 2 for N64 or even Rad Racer for the NES than that pile of trash.

Your a fanboy Roll Eyes  

I love Nintendo , but Gran Turismo is not a pile of crap. Gran Turismo 3 was an awesome game with a vast array of elements that were thoughtfully done. I have not played GT4 yet , but I know it will probably surpass GT3. Some people like realistic things in a game and if thats what your thing is then GT3 is for you.

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 06:11:54 AM »

I can tell you, I dont think GT4 will do as well as 3. Just a few weeks after its release it sits on our shelves and nobody is looking at it. I know this is just one store in a small town, but still, that's not a good sign. I think they did GT3 so well, that they can't outdo themselves and people are affriad it will be bad.

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 06:37:01 AM »

I can tell you, I dont think GT4 will do as well as 3. Just a few weeks after its release it sits on our shelves and nobody is looking at it. I know this is just one store in a small town, but still, that's not a good sign. I think they did GT3 so well, that they can't outdo themselves and people are affriad it will be bad.

Thats a possiblity , but maybe people are just busy buying other stuff right now and they figure they can get GT 4 later for less  Wink I know I will wait for a price drop.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 07:02:27 AM »

that's me as well. I've got so much to play it doesn't make sense to buy games when they are still full price. though I gotta admit I was nor aware it was out already.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 07:55:33 AM »

I'm not a big fan of racing games.  I will admit that I do like the Mario Kart games.

Tyne
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 09:16:21 PM »

I honestly hate racing games. Im more of an RPG gamer... and driving a car you save up your entire life for ; not to mention the cost of the hellish game itself, then you try to go for a curve in the first track of the racing game, and you crash head on at 260 MPH.. and your car it trashed and dead, you now have this irreversable opinion on the game, and once you manage to find the time to play the game again, and you crash.. again... and you lose..  ... it all dosent seem 'fun' to me. But in the GTA games... if you crash your car, i jump out, snipe another driver, take their car, crash it.. repeat. G.T. 4 needed a 'hijack' option. Because its such an over realistic game, and if I had just crashed my car, id take the next one I see.   Well, its only an opinion.
~Tyne

I am creating an Old Skool RPG. What have YOU done lately?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »

I like Racing games, but some reason I don't find Gran Turismo all that interesting. It almost seems all the same. Maybe because it is because I like futuristic racing games like F-Zero or Wipeout, or the wonderful Mario Kart series. I can spend my money on good "good games" like Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat instead of getting this game.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length