RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Buying a PS3 at launch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Buying a PS3 at launch?  (Read 8715 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2006, 03:46:35 PM »

Well, the highly respectable gaming website SPONG (HA!) reports that there will be a PS3 announcement tomorrow that will be out of the blue. Maybe we will know something tomorrow, but then SPONG reported it, so god knows given that SPONG is a horrible media outlet.

Hello World.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2006, 05:16:16 PM »

PS3 controller ends up with Motion Sensing abilities and no developers knew about it.

Sony(R). What's wrong with stealing? We do it all the time.

The controller is not EXACTLY the same. Wii is full motion and PS3 is just tilt (I think). Personlly I think motion sensing will be annoying as hell but it's been around, you know those fishing games where you have the reel and yank it around when you get a bite? Same thing.

I think SONY's releasing their motion sensor thing in response to the Wii, I wouldn't say they stole it, I'd say they had the tech and when they saw Wii had it they released theirs too. I think they are trying to kill the Wii, not steal it.

It's competition, everyone steals, World War II anyone?

Anyways, WTF? If nobody copied each other where would we be? One guy would be sitting in a skyscraper with his computer and the rest of us would be grunting and trying to get the ants out of the hill with our fingers. Ever hear of Micro$oft and how they got started?

Besides, I sure didn't hear SONY say N64 stole 3d graphics.

When shall his new form be revealed?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2006, 06:44:24 PM »

I think SONY's releasing their motion sensor thing in response to the Wii, I wouldn't say they stole it, I'd say they had the tech and when they saw Wii had it they released theirs too. I think they are trying to kill the Wii, not steal it.

Sure they are doing it in response to the Wii. Why not copy Nintendo? Nintendo kicked Sony's ass in the handheld department, so Sony is probably thinking they need to steal....er, I mean copy a Nintendo idea to keep up (extreme sarcasm used due to total fanboyism detected) Tongue

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2006, 07:11:38 PM »

Hell I'm not a SONY fanboy really I'm just trying to level the playing field here.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2006, 09:28:40 PM »

Not even to save 300$? I'd jump on the sucker.

Nope but then again I dont want a Blu Ray player at all or an HD-DVD player (is there such a thing yet?). I will get teh one that wins out down the road when a player is 100-300 dollars.

Also I ont buy the HD-DVD attachment for the Xbox 360 either.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2006, 09:30:51 PM »

The controller is not EXACTLY the same. Wii is full motion and PS3 is just tilt (I think).

Well if thats the case they still stole it from Nintendo.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...l?ID=U-069-S-01720-A&   Wink Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length