RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 02, 2020, 08:55:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 162 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 392972 times)
shaggy
RFG Junkie
United States

Stats
« Reply #2340 on: April 16, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »

When I started collecting years ago I never really thought I would have a complete set for any system. Even after I found a inbox 32x at a local store for a great price I didn't think I would end up with all the games for the system. Not long after buying my 32x my sister, who was working at a daycare at the time, told me there was a handful of old Sega games sitting in a closet there and they didn't even have a system. She asked if I would want them and I said sure. I figured it would be the typical common junk games (and it mostly was) but in there was a lone, cart only 32x game - Spider-Man Web of Fire. That was the spark to get me going. I thought since I had the hardest game to get, the rest would be easy! This was roughly 10 years ago and this past weekend, I finally picked up the last game I needed to have a complete cart set: Dion Sanders Stupid Expensive Baseball. Yes, I could have put this together a lot fast but that's not how I collect. A LARGE majority of these games came from local shops. Of course this isn't 100% complete as there are a few games missing manuals, posters, boxes, etc. but I couldn't be happier Cheesy

That's so sweet!  Congrats!

NES cart only collection - 69% complete.
SMS complete collection - 80% complete.
Silv3r
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #2341 on: April 16, 2019, 01:10:49 PM »

When I started collecting years ago I never really thought I would have a complete set for any system. Even after I found a inbox 32x at a local store for a great price I didn't think I would end up with all the games for the system. Not long after buying my 32x my sister, who was working at a daycare at the time, told me there was a handful of old Sega games sitting in a closet there and they didn't even have a system. She asked if I would want them and I said sure. I figured it would be the typical common junk games (and it mostly was) but in there was a lone, cart only 32x game - Spider-Man Web of Fire. That was the spark to get me going. I thought since I had the hardest game to get, the rest would be easy! This was roughly 10 years ago and this past weekend, I finally picked up the last game I needed to have a complete cart set: Dion Sanders Stupid Expensive Baseball. Yes, I could have put this together a lot fast but that's not how I collect. A LARGE majority of these games came from local shops. Of course this isn't 100% complete as there are a few games missing manuals, posters, boxes, etc. but I couldn't be happier Cheesy

Congrats on the set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2342 on: April 16, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »

That's a good looking set, congratulations on the long journey finally paying off!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Stay safe out there, RF Gentlemen!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2343 on: April 16, 2019, 11:40:33 PM »

Nobody tell WildBil52... this will be our little secret.

Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2344 on: April 17, 2019, 08:25:01 AM »

Thanks everyone!  I need  to track down Fifa 96 yet and I'll always be on the lookout for the missing stuff.  I don't really have any interest in the Japanese exclusive game unless someone does a fan translation at some point (doubtful) and then I would get a repro.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2345 on: April 18, 2019, 08:21:32 AM »

Congratulations, Bear78! Not an easy feat, especially given the price of a couple of those titles.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2346 on: April 19, 2019, 03:18:15 PM »

My stack of XBox 360 games has surpassed 150 full titles (no demos or non-games). This is the ninth system in my collection to have 150 or more games to go with it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:27:08 PM by Zagnorch » Logged

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2347 on: April 20, 2019, 10:43:18 PM »

I'm down to having only 4 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits left in my collection. I've been slowly weeding them out over the last couple years. I like the more uniform look of regular copies versus the bland hit editions.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2348 on: April 21, 2019, 05:06:24 AM »

I'm down to having only 4 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits left in my collection. I've been slowly weeding them out over the last couple years. I like the more uniform look of regular copies versus the bland hit editions.

Amen

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2349 on: April 28, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »

NES game #625

NES Box #375

Plugging away!!!!!  LOL

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2350 on: April 29, 2019, 07:40:41 AM »

625!! still killing it!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2351 on: May 08, 2019, 01:06:55 AM »

My stack of Nintendo Switch games has surpassed 10 titles.

Silv3r
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #2352 on: May 14, 2019, 08:52:14 PM »

I'm up to 30+ PS2 games, and 15+ PS3 games.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2353 on: May 29, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »

Just passed 5 Nintendo 64 games with my recent addition of Wheel of Fortune.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2354 on: May 30, 2019, 02:35:59 AM »

Just passed 5 Nintendo 64 games with my recent addition of Wheel of Fortune.

Whoah, slow down there, speedy; at this rate you'll have the entire North American run by the end of the 22nd century.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 162 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length