RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:17:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 7.16.06 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Do you listen to video game music outside of the game itself?
All the time! Retro, remixes, new game music, it doesn't matter to me!   -3 (17.6%)
I only like listening to a certain type of game music.   -9 (52.9%)
Who in their right mind would listen to game music outside of the game?   -4 (23.5%)
OCRemix.org is my bible   -1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 7.16.06  (Read 4307 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

Music is music regardless of where you hear it or what language it is sung in, if there are lyrics at all. All forms of media have their music. Movies are graced with John Williams and Danny Elfman, Broadway is graced with their musicals, and video games are graced with such musical prodigies as Koji Kondo.

The question du jour is a simple one: Do you listen to video game music outside of the games? Personally I have a collection of soundtracks and some kick ass remixes.

For shaggy, sorry again if I stole your thunder, but I haven't seen you make a poll yet and I really enjoy these weekly polls-- you should keep doing them!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:04:28 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 03:17:06 PM »

I have to say "All the time"... as long as the music is good.

Some of my favorites include the Grand Theft Auto: Vice City soundtrack, music from the Command & Conquer universe of games (C&C, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2), and to me this counts...

The soundtrack to the movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Since it does incorporate music from the game.

Play in your world... Die in mine!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 03:44:44 PM »

I listen so some Minibosses and 8 Bit Weapon every once and awhile but thats it.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:52:18 PM »

I couldn't answer the poll, simply because I don't have access to video game music nor where to get it.  I'm pretty clueless in this area.  I've downloaded some songs from Jet Set Radio, but that's about it.  No idea what to look for or where to even get it.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:16:20 PM »

I generally don't bother with video game music as my preference goes out to R&B/Hiphop and there's not many games with that kind of music.  I'm not saying I don't appreciate other music, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get ahold of it Wink  The only music I once in a while listen to is the soundtrack that came with Ultima IX: Ascension - Dragon Edition, because I've played Ultima since the first Ultima VII, and I love the series.  The song "Stones" just always stuck in my mind so whenever I hear it it brings back memories from Ultima VII from many years ago Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »

Castlevania: Symphony of The Night

When shall his new form be revealed?
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 08:28:55 AM »

Never really listened at all until last month. A friend gave me some stuff to sell and there were several soundtracks included. I listened to them all and reall didn't care for most of the music. Not that it was bad, just not my cup of tea.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

I've been downloading and listening to lots of game soundtracks from http://www.bluelaguna.net.  It's an RPG media site, so they have lots of official OSTs for free download, but do so at your own risk...they're all licensed and readily available for purchase online, so getting them from here isn't exactly "allowed".  My apologies if any of the mods/administrators don't approve of this.  Feel free to edit my post if necessary.

- Zac
RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 01:40:03 AM »

I listen to some video game music, and I've picked up a few soundtracks (last anime con I went to I picked up the original score for FFIV and a few other FF remix CDs), but I generally stick to my regulal music (AC/DC, Eagle-Eye Cherry, other miscellanious stuff).

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 01:46:41 AM »

Not for me. I do however pick up video game related sound tracks, if I find them cheap. I do not listen to them though.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 06:43:47 AM »

WTF?  People actually listen to game music?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 07:23:38 AM »

I couldn't answer the poll

I couldn't answer it either. I've been interested in getting the soundtracks for Halo 2, Jade Empire, and maybe 1 or 2 others but just haven't gotten around to it.

And I've never really analyzed the games that have a bunch of self-promoting pop stuff on it to bother looking into purchasing it. The only exception to this has been Jet.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 08:00:09 AM »

I have a few game soundtracks. I have listened to them but I can't say any of them have made the regular rotation of CD's that find their way into my car.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »

WTF?  People actually listen to game music?

Yes, Ocremix.org is my Bible. Smiley

Hello World.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 01:01:11 AM »

I abstain. There is no, super occasionally I listen to Bloody Tears option up there.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length