RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:52:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | DOOM III 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DOOM III  (Read 2639 times)
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: August 04, 2004, 01:47:02 AM »

I'm about 1/3 way through now, I can't think of anything negative to say about it.  Its Doom they way it was envisioned.  The visuals are spectacular, the focus is on the killing.  And is weirder than hell.  Like Silent Hill on 'roids with a double load of buck.

Halflife2(when and if it ever comes out) will suck the Cyberdemon's rotten balls, and Master Chief has taken a BFG9000 shot to the face.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 06:21:38 PM »

I still haven't played this, and I don't know that I have $50 to drop on it right now (broke), but I'd like to get it eventually.  Anyone else played it and have an opinion?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 06:27:58 PM »

I wish they'd release a demo of it. I like the thought of a new doom, but I'm not going to spend 50 bucks on it, just like that. I'm not THAT big of a fan.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 09:05:27 PM »

I wish I had a computer good enough to run it.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 09:11:44 PM »

Xbox is cheaper than a new comp.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 09:15:54 PM »

Yeah, but it wont be out on xbox for another year and then it wont be the same game.

2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 11:08:59 AM »

My machine is "Good enough" to run the game on medium mode.  Given that, there is also high and ultra settings for the graphics.  This game is meant to continue to look good well into the next generation of Vid cards and processors. (Shogo is a good example of this from before)  At this time, ultra mode makes my machine wimper like a little girl, mostly unplayable.

The Xbox DOES NOT have half the capablility of my current machine, the only thing it has going for it is the universal hardware setup. (all XBOxs are the same inside.)  so id can work some wonder magic with the code, but I don't think the xbox will even come close to using the high graphic setting, much less the ultra setting.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 12:28:44 PM »

Your right for the most part it wont come close to graphics on the pc and the few differances that xboxes have wont do anything for graphics.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 11:37:10 PM »

I've been playing this game non-stop for a few days now. It's awesome.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 11:43:07 PM »

I just beat it. It was really cool. The ending was kind of weird. They didn't really explain much about the Cyber-Demon. I'd like to have seen some backstory about him. But he was cool as hell anyway. He's like thirty feet tall and he has a rocket launcher for an arm. If you get too close to him he steps on you and you die. Giant 3D bosses are always impressive. Everquest had a ton of them, but the ones in DOOM are the most baller yo.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length