RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:50:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS3 Delays 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: PS3 Delays  (Read 9165 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 03:36:31 PM »

I'm having sex with a DS right now.

Awesome! rofl

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »

I never criticised the PS3 directly,  it's that you have to look at it and weigh up the pro's and con's of each machine, Sony's con's, in my opinion, far outweigh the pros. Just look at all three next gen systems in a bigger picture, the cost, the games and the unique extras. Sony I feel loose out on all three accounts.

Im not a Sony hater either, just look at my collection the majority of my games are on PS1 and PS2, I just think they are making too many mistakes and disillussioning too many fans.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »

PS3 is going to be fine, and I still don't see the price making that much of a difference to those who are going to buy it.

And @Tondog, nothing has been going on with the PS3, it's just these weirdos who all have a grudge and find every little thing they can.

So why don't you all take your nay-saying away and just

[img width=393 height=216]http://www.bulatlat.com/images/4-17/bm%20shut%20up.jpg[/img]

P.S. It looks like I'm going to have to resort to extrene fanboyism to keep things balanced around here. So, X-Box is outdated and the Wii is a lame gimmicky concept that's overly cutesy and all around...just...Nintendo for you.

Leon, these aren't "little" things. Console price. Software price.  A new proprietary technology as the software medium and the fact that it has little public interest. These are MAJOR issues!

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »

Leon, these aren't "little" things.Software price.
Speaking of which...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G...ie=UTF8&node=16377051
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 04:00:32 PM »

James they are just cashing in on pre-orders, in Nintendo want to compete with the more powerful machines they can only sell their games at no more than thirty quid surely, but if all three of them charge full whack, we aren't really going to have much choice. Anyone else sense collaboration between the marketing of the three companies,

"Hike them prices up, and see how much the punters will pay".
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 04:38:43 PM »

And @Tondog, nothing has been going on with the PS3, it's just these weirdos who all have a grudge and find every little thing they can.

I totally agree. Everyone is just blowing every small thing out of proportion. Like, just look at how big a deal the dropping of the HDMI cable was. Now everyone is saying Sony is doomed when they are launching with the same amount of consoles in the US as 360 did a mere year ago. People normally hate who's in number one, and Sony is it in this case.

A new proprietary technology as the software medium and the fact that it has little public interest.
Blu-Ray isn't proprietary. It's meant to be a new replacement for DVD. It doesn't only work in PS3, and it has many, many backers.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 05:09:26 PM »

The main reason I dont like what they are doing with the PS3 is they are forcing you to go with Blu Ray. Blu Ray COULD be the next Btemax. And who was responsable for Betamax ........SONY!

I don't think the PS3 is going to be a huge bomb. Do I wish it would? YES! Sony has too many fanboys and Madden freaks for it to be a total bomb.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 06:23:41 AM »

Here's some more info:

http://editorials.teamxbo...dwide-Launch-PostPWNED/p1

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 07:30:12 AM »

I've been asking a lotta folks in my area at game stores about PS3 interest and there is practically NONE. $600 USD translates to app $700+ and with 13% tax not too many people in Manitoba are interested. The guys at one of the busiest EBs in the city say that only 4 people have expressed interest in the PS3. I'm NOT one of them.

Xbox 360 is currently dominating and Wii is the must have console. The interest in Wii is so incredible that nobody is offering pre-orders except Toys R Us and they already have so many that they don't expect but maybe 10% of those to be fulfilled out of the first few shipments.

I think the price does have much to do with it. I don't know anyone who can afford to put out that kind of money for a console let alone games. Judging from current game prices up here the PS3 titles will prolly go for over $100 a pop.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 09:20:53 AM »

And people say Playstation has idiotic fanboys as if Xbox doesn't. Roll Eyes
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 10:09:07 AM »

I don't think the PS3 is going to be a huge bomb. Do I wish it would? YES!
Why? What's wrong with competition in the industry? What's so bad about PS3 that you wish it would bomb?

Sony has too many fanboys and Madden freaks for it to be a total bomb.
Kind of like how Xbox has too many fanboys of average FPS games for it to bomb. Don't even get me started on Madden. I do not like that particular game, but I will defend it to the bitter end.

I think the price does have much to do with it. I don't know anyone who can afford to put out that kind of money for a console let alone games. Judging from current game prices up here the PS3 titles will prolly go for over $100 a pop.
Everywhere I've seen says that the PS3's games will be priced about the same as what 360 games go for.

And people say Playstation has idiotic fanboys as if Xbox doesn't.
Absolutely. That article is the worst-written piece of fanboy trash I've ever read in my entire life. Fanboys are the main thing that I don't like about console gaming. Why can't more people be fans of the games instead of specific consoles?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:20:25 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 12:49:03 PM »

I don't think the PS3 is going to be a huge bomb. Do I wish it would? YES!
Why? What's wrong with competition in the industry? What's so bad about PS3 that you wish it would bomb?

I don't mind competition. I hate Sony's arrogance.

Sony has too many fanboys and Madden freaks for it to be a total bomb.
Kind of like how Xbox has too many fanboys of average FPS games for it to bomb. Don't even get me started on Madden. I do not like that particular game, but I will defend it to the bitter end.

I agree with the FPS on the Xbox360. I am not a fanboy of the 360. I have one but I havent played in months.

Everywhere I've seen says that the PS3's games will be priced about the same as what 360 games go for.

Wait and see is what I am doing. I have heard same as the 360 I have heard more.

And people say Playstation has idiotic fanboys as if Xbox doesn't.
Absolutely. That article is the worst-written piece of fanboy trash I've ever read in my entire life. Fanboys are the main thing that I don't like about console gaming. Why can't more people be fans of the games instead of specific consoles?

All console have fanboys. I didn't read the article so I won't comment on that.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 12:52:18 PM »

Sony hasn't given it's prices on games out yet. So if anybody is quoting prices, they are WRONG Sony has hinted at pricing, but I have not seen Sony come right out and give pricing as of yet.

Blu Ray disc do cost more. So Yes I can see the PS3's games costing a bit more. Unless Sony plans on eating the cost. (which may be the case)

Tan
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 01:44:16 PM »

people seem to think gaming fanboys are different than Ford vs. Chevy, Remington vs. Mossberg, butter vs. margarine.  Roll Eyes everyone's a fan of something, but the internet exaggerates the worst ones because somehow they seem to type faster than the rest of us.  Tongue

the reason people can't be fans of the games versus the consoles is because no game is created equal, there's always something about one that you like more than another, and advantages to each platform when there's a multi release.

do i think the prices for games are crazy? not really, sure i paid $90cdn for Oblivion collector's edition, but i paid $39.99 for PDZ collector's. sure i've paid $59.99=69.99cdn for 360 games, but i've also got them used for less than $20. in the end it evens out. besides why complain about game prices when you've invested hundreds into the hardware? if you can't handle the prices of games you made a big mistake buying the system in the first place, that's called consumer ignorance and it's no one's fault but that of the buyer. In the end if a 360 or PS3 cost $50 and games $1 new people would still find things to complain about.

It's like Racism and discrimination has been replaced by Fanboyism, where people can freely bash each other under the cover of free speech and brand loyalty. People can mouth off at each other behind the safety of their screens at home because they don't have to worry about big guys ripping their faces off in person, the fanboy thing is a symptom of the internet, it's been around since the days of BBS and hardly shows it's ugly face in public.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:49:09 PM by Tan » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »

Shutup Tan you make to much sense.  Grin Grin Grin

Like you said I really dont care about the price of the games that much. I will wait and get them used or discounted. $600 for a system is a bit much though.

What ever happened with not being able to play used games on the PS3? I know Sony did a patent on the tech but is it in the PS3?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length