RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:23:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Whos about sick of democrats and republicans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Whos about sick of democrats and republicans  (Read 6270 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2006, 02:21:41 AM »

Going to the Greek Orthodox church, where about 90% of the elder generation were poor migrants, I see a whole lot of people who made something from nothing. Whether it be restaurants or whatever these people worked hard, and maybe they weren't millionaires but  they made enough money to support their children and give them an education.  And now, because those lower class immigrants worked hard to give their children the best, those children have become, for the most part, a successful middle class.

But if the lower class is to lay around while the government, AKA the taxpayers, gives them freebies what are they doing for the next generation? Well, since they will never pull ahead by simply receiving welfare, they'll be spawning more losers that will lay around while the government gives them freebies.

thats great, but that was a community of people that worked together, and you could get by with a lot less because of the support from others. 

in todays world, a person and their family is all the support they have.  a person needs a job to support themselves, and therefore they are at the mercy of an employer.  if one day, a new boss comes in and doesn't like you, forget about it. 

its awfully easy to say "get a new job" if you have only worked easy jobs, and have no real responsibilities, but getting a real job in the real world is very hard, and it can be taken away from you awfully easy, no matter how much hard work you put in. 

I don't give a flying expletive about how easy or hard it is to get a job. Did you read the last paragraph? My point is, I want all these losers to stop laying around on the couch waiting for the government to give them my money.

The point about the Greeks is that they came in as the lower class and raised their children to the middle class. Since the lower class these days has the option of laying around on the couch waiting for the government to give them my money this doesn't seem to be happening as much.

When shall his new form be revealed?
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2006, 09:12:52 AM »

a - they dont have that option, welfare is limited now, benefits get cut off after x number of months, that was changed in the mid 90s

b - a minimum wage job is barely enough to support one person, letalone a family.  when welfare reform was passed the thinking was that once people started working, they would no longer need extra help.  most reasonable people would agree that if you do work, you should be able to earn enough to pay for the basics (car, rent, health care, child care).  this is not the case.  what dillutes this, is the fact that the price of crap is much cheaper now than it has been in the past.  a TV used to be a major purchase, and now you can get one for well under 100 dollars.  some talking heads call this progress, people can afford more stuff, but if you cant afford the basics, what good is a cheap tv?
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2006, 04:36:55 PM »

who the hell is forcing them to work minimum wage and only 40 hours a week.  There are plenty of unskilled entry level jobs that make more than that, and people have the ability to work more than 40 hours a week.  I know it seems like some CRAZY idea, but its true.

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »

people DIED fighting for the 40 hour work week

if you do not have many responsibilities outside of work, working more than that is pretty easy to do, but if you have kids putting in more than that really causes as many problems as it fixes
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »

People also died for fascism.

If you can't support kids, then you shouldn't of been having sex.

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 07:05:43 PM »

If another mod/admin wants they can unlock this.

But everyone has made their points and i can see things possibly getting ugly(er).

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length