RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:14:00 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | MLB play-offs and World Series talk: 2006 edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: MLB play-offs and World Series talk: 2006 edition  (Read 9376 times)
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »

I'm a brewers fan but come playoff time i usually root for the Twins, but now they are out, I am pulling for Den's boys. GO TIGERS!!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »

it's still hard to believe the Tigers are in the ALCS. hell this is the team that lost 119 games just 3 years ago.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 09:37:28 AM »

It should be a great game tonight.

Barry Zito has what I like to call a "comic book" (or cartoon) curve ball. The thing looks unreal when it moves.

Being the huge A's fan that I am, I really want the A's to pull it off. But for whoever wins this series, I want them to win the World Series!

I hate the Mets! (dont mind the Cards)

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »

Oh and I hate the cards, and the Mets, even as a national league team follower, i want the AL team to win!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:09 AM »

Zito didn't last long last night. He got the first 8 he faced then 10 of the next 13 reached base. Nate Robertson got in a few jams but the Tigers turned 4 double plays.

Rodney and Zumaya both were throwing 100+ last night. Got another guy who can hit 100 tonight, Justin Verlander.

GO TIGERS!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 08:17:08 AM »

Holy crap thats a lot of pitchers that can hit 100.

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 04:49:10 PM »

I used to love baseball, but I admit that the last 10 years of steriods and strikes have turned me from devoted fan into a casual fan.

I have been an Oakland A's fan since 1985, and am pretty happy to see thay are up 2-0 on the Minnesota Twins in the ALDS.

Now if they can actually seal the deal? They have been up 2-0 in some recent series only to choke it away. I dont believe that will be the case this time. Smiley

Hey cool another A's fan.  What part of the US are you in?  I have also been an A's fan (and to a lesser extent Giants fan)  I was born in '81 and went to my first A's game sometime in the mid 80's and dozens more since.  I even went to game 1 of the '89 World Series.  I think the earthquake was game 2 but I can't remember...  But the A's team and in particular Frank Thomas are a pretty huge surprise to be in the ALCS and I think the Tigers might have too much for them, but we'll see.

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »

Earthquake game was game 3. About 15 minutes before the game if remember correctly.

I live in Arizona, and used to watch the A's on a local UHF channel that was hell to get.

Well, it looks bad for the A's. Good luck to the Tigers I suppose.

The Bankees...Errrr I mean Yankees are probably going to buy Zito away from us in the off season. I dont even know why I follow baseball anymore. grrr

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »

lol @ Bankees.  Never heard that one.  It's a great one!  Cheesy  Ya Zito...honestly, he never has really impressed me that much.  Ok I know he is very good, but in the postseason.............I dunno.  I don't think he has enough killer instinct.  And I'm not referring to the video game...lol 

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »

Tigers - A's game 3 is going to be freakin' COLD!

GO TIGERS!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 08:13:38 PM »

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TIGERS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES BABY!

Ordonez hits a 3 run homer in the bottom of the ninth with 2 out. WOW!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 10:38:54 PM »

WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TIGERS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES BABY!

Ordonez hits a 3 run homer in the bottom of the ninth with 2 out. WOW!

I second that. It was even better becasue I found out while with Rick the A's fan! Wink

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 10:20:47 AM »

I was surprised it was a sweep. Milton Bradley was the only A who did anything with his bat. Frank Thomas did nothing. I think he walked a couple times but had no hits.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »

Piss off Scott!

And as long as it is not the Mets who win, I could care less.

Cards or Tigers, that is who I will root for. (not that I really care)

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:44 PM »

Piss off Scott!

laugh laugh laugh laugh rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length