RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:20:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Do you care about the Olympics? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you care about the Olympics?  (Read 11801 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 11:50:39 PM »

I like the idea of pro's in sports.  I see the olympics of the best from each country competing against each other, not just the best who aren't getting paid for it.  Besides, it's fun to watch dream teams face off against each other in hockey (I know it's not getting played right now.....sheesh).

The only thing that I don't like is that no country seems to challenge the USA for the overall medal count.  That might seem a little braggish, but I like having that little something extra to root for.

btw, did anyone see the parade of nations when the guy from the British Virgin Islands came out?  They had one athlete and he came out by himself and looked sooooo unhappy.  
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2004, 07:16:20 AM »

I finally caught some of the olympics this morning.  I couldn't sleep and they were showing re-runs at 4:00AM on NBC.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 03:28:50 PM »

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the huge array of different swimming types and distances? There's 50 meters, 100 meters, 200 meters, in all different kinds of shapes, and then there's swimming with 4 people in all different kind of shapes, etc. etc.

Just swim a 100 meter and get it over with! The same few guys will win it anyway, There's van den Hoogeband, Ian Thorpe and that American guy. Bronze, Zilver, Gold. Done!
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2004, 04:09:49 PM »

I just found out two days ago that the Olympics were even going on, when they were talking about how HORRIBLE the American basketball team is on the TV in a restaraunt.  I won't watch one minute of the Olympics, and I couldn't care less about who wins what medals.  Blech.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 08:38:13 AM »

I started watching womens water polo because there is a chick on the Italian team Named Gisy (pronounced "juicy") Mulatto.  It made my day.  |D
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2004, 08:25:54 AM »

just an after thought here...

i didnt think that i would watch much of the games at all, but i was sucked in big time.  it seemed like any free time was given to watching the games on tv.  even watched the closing ceremonies...

and i find myself kinda sad that i have to wait 4 more years till they start up again.
maybe the winter games will be good... thats only 2 years away, right?
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2004, 09:25:19 AM »

You can watch the special olympsics. Then you'll only have to wait 3 years and 10 months.
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2004, 09:31:18 AM »

thanks arrr
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2004, 01:04:24 PM »

Yeah, the winter olympics are in 2006 in a city called Torino in Italy.  Never heard of the place before, but then again, I am a nieve American.  

Looks like it will be a nice setting for the winter games:

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2004, 01:31:16 PM »

Torino? That's Turin. You must indeed quite the naive American if you've never heard of that place before.  I've never been there, but it's supposedly beautiful and has more history than the USA and Canada combied (as a figure of speach, not really of course, don't get mad)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2004, 04:56:08 PM »

My dads girlfriend has been there.
And it is probably older than US and Canada combined so i think youre right about the history thing.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2004, 05:54:06 PM »

Oh wow.  Turino must be what it is called in Italy.  Althought I feel pretty stupid for not making the connection between Turin and Turino.  And yes, I have heard of Turin.  

http://www.torino2006.org/index.php?lang=en

Oh, and we know we can't comapre to anything in Europe as far as history goes.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 05:54:48 PM by hydrobond » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

Maybe if the Europeans (our ancestors) hadn't killed 90% of the 60 million people that lived here (and their cultures) at the beginning of the 15th century, we'd have a little more history here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 06:19:30 AM by admin » Logged

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2004, 07:46:16 AM »

Getting back to the Olimpics, I'll watch them if nothing better is on.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length