RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:08:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Halo 3 tidbits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Halo 3 tidbits  (Read 26514 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:46:04 AM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154702

A few little tidbits for you.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »

I'm purchasing a 360 just for halo 3.  I got hooked on the first halo and have been at it ever since.  Not since doom and rott have I been this excited about a single game.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

There's plenty more reasons to buy a 360 out there already.

Dead Rising
Oblivion
Gears of War (coming very soon)
Call of Duty 2 and 3 (coming soon)
DOA4
Battle for Middle Earth 2
GRAW

and 2007 is looking exceptional for the system with games like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Fable 2, etc.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 04:34:06 PM »

I'm purchasing a 360 just for halo 3.  I got hooked on the first halo and have been at it ever since.  Not since doom and rott have I been this excited about a single game.

thats the main reason Im buying ones, but I also want oblivion, dead rising, gears of war, and call of duty 3
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 05:02:37 PM »

I want one for many many games.

Halo 3 i have to see how it ends.

I'll hopefully be buying a 360 within the next year

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Halo enough to get an xbox?

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:21:40 AM »

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Halo enough to get an xbox?

No.  I am against all FPS games on console.   Mouse and keyboard is flat out heads and tails above the dual joystick method.   Dreamcast came close with having an actualy keyboard and mouse, but you pretty much need a desk too, which most couches don't have. 

Tried Halo on the PC, and it isn't even a mediocre FPS.  Unreal Tournament, a very old game, blows it out of the water.  CS:S is absolutely amazing in comparison to Halo.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 11:57:06 AM »

The FPS experience is simply a matter of personal preference.

I'm .ot into high-end PC games on the whole, and the idea of having to be confined to a desk to play them is a turn off. I do like Pogo, though, for those times when I'm into playing something light. I'll stick with consoles for the rest.

My expectations for Halo 3 keep going up, though, whenever I see something new and impressive coming out on the 360. For example, I'm hoping Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 live up to their hype; and if so, will raise the bar for Halo 3 to meet.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 12:57:25 PM »

I think they should just combine Halo 3 with CoD 3. I'm tired of shooting Nazi's and I'm tired of shooting aliens, so why not make it interesting? Wouldn't it be awesome to use the M1 Garand to plug Nazi Aliens, and then swap over to the plasma sword to finish the job? Just imagine, Panzers in space!

Truthfully I'm tired of FPS games, Farcry was a nice change in scenery, and if it wasn't for those annoying Trodgent things messing it up that would be my favorite FPS. Instead, I just don't have one.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:02:36 PM »

Truthfully I'm tired of FPS games, Farcry was a nice change in scenery, and if it wasn't for those annoying Trodgent things messing it up that would be my favorite FPS. Instead, I just don't have one.

Tell me about it.  I havn't found a game better than the original Unreal Tournament for multiplayer FPS.  Counter Strike: Source is a great game, but it isn't the fast paced, continuous shoot em up that UT is.   Plus, everyone has it!

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 01:22:10 PM »

Wait I take that back. I forgot about America's Army, that's my favorite shooter, and free! But I have WoW now.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 11:24:46 AM »

No.  I am against all FPS games on console.   Mouse and keyboard is flat out heads and tails above the dual joystick method.
Absolutely! However, I do like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark over on N64. Black and Resistance Fall of Man also look good.

Tried Halo on the PC, and it isn't even a mediocre FPS.  Unreal Tournament, a very old game, blows it out of the water.
Halo is nothing we haven't seen before. It's a mishmash of various FPS games over the year. UT does kick Halo's ass, but I think Duke Nukem 3D totally destroys Halo and every FPS game ever made.

Speaking of DN3D, if you have the game for PC still, download the High Resolution Pack and start playing it again with updated graphics and better models and textures...
http://hrp.duke4.net/

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 11:36:03 AM »

No.  I am against all FPS games on console.   Mouse and keyboard is flat out heads and tails above the dual joystick method.
Absolutely! However, I do like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark over on N64. Black and Resistance Fall of Man also look good.

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are both single joystick FPSs, I only dislike the dual joystick FPSs, which is every modern console FPS. 
The other large issue I had with console FPSs is the resolution of gameplay.  With Time Splitters 2 it seemed like it was extremely hard to pick out a model from a long distance, whereas on a PC you could do so with great accuracy.   I think this issue is moot now with the current generation of consoles and HDTV capability.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 01:00:16 PM »

The FPS experience is simply a matter of personal preference.

I second that. I don't like playing FPS on my PC.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 07:50:46 PM »

I have $25 down on Halo 3 Legendary already....and God knows when it will actually come out.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length