RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:44:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Poll: Big releases the week of Nov 6,2006! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Which games will you be picking up next week?
Gears of War (xbox 360)   -3 (12%)
Guitar Hero 2 (PS2)   -4 (16%)
Call of Duty 3 (multi)   -3 (12%)
None.   -14 (56%)
Elite Beat Agents (DS)   -1 (4%)
Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Big releases the week of Nov 6,2006!  (Read 4959 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 10:00:39 AM »

nod

@PsychoFox, it's interesting to see amoung this community how many will and will not be buying, though, considering these games are big enough to signify the start of the holiday buying season.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 01:37:30 PM »

I didn't pick any of those up, but I would have loved to have gotten COD 3 for the 360

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 01:53:59 PM »

I ended up ordering the 360 CoD3 (Out on the 10th) from Woolworths for £31.49. It's  £40+ everywhere else, so I thought I may as well go for it.

And Call of Duty 2 GOTYE was sold out on play.com at £25.

I voted for Gears of War, though.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 03:36:42 PM »

James,

What do you think of CoD3 on the 360? I've spoken to one other buyer of the game, and she said it's excellent!

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 04:15:48 PM »

It was only dispatched today... Undecided But that's fine seeing as I ordered it late on Saturday night.

That's the trouble with online shopping, having to wait for it to come. Still, for a saving of £8-20 from other places, I'm more than happy to wait a few days.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 01:49:19 PM »

I got it this morning Smiley but I had to work all day. Sad

I was appalled when I saw the opening movie. It's grainy but not in the cinematic sense. It looks no better that an Xbox 1 movie.

However, the actual game has very impressive graphics. There aren't a lot of objects that have jagged edges, like cylinders which are actually hexagonal.

Console FPSes have a "left-a-bit-right-a-bit" problem but this seems to have been overcome by slightly slowing the camera movement when the crosshairs pass an enemy. It's not very noticeable but it's very effective. There's an option to turn it off.

5.1 sound is used well, letting you know where the enemies are shouting from.

There's a new close combat mode. An enemy can swing his gun at you but you grab it and press LT and RT quickly to get them off, then press a button on command to counter attack.

The levels seem open planned at first but they're actually fairly constricted. I suppose there's not much free roaming to do when you're following other soldiers in a warzone.

I've only played the first level and a half but I'm very impressed with it so far. Definitely worth the money.

I got mine mispriced. It was on the Woolworths website for a couple of days as £29.99, completely disappeared from the site yesterday, then came back today at £39.99.

I was surprised to find $60 is only about £32. We've been paying about that much for new games for the whole of the last generation. New 360 games are £40 online and £50 in high street game shops. I haven't paid more than £30 for any of my 360 games, though (not for any games at all, in fact). I look out for bargains and mispricing.

Edit: I stopped playing it this evening because I couldn't work out what to do next because there was nowhere to go. I restarted from the last checkpoint and it turns out it must have been a bug.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 01:52:55 PM by James » Logged
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 12:33:13 PM »

I want to get Gears of War and CoD 3. Not sure when I will get them. I want GH II but will wait for the 360 release.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length