RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | David Beckham signs for LA Galaxy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: David Beckham signs for LA Galaxy  (Read 13547 times)
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:00:39 PM »

Was that amount with endorsments too, or just salary?

Still will not make me watch soccer. I'll be funny if they come and play KC since they'll be playing at some college or high school stadium while Arrowhead gets a remodel.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 10:51:42 PM »

I'm sorry, but not even David Beckham can save MLS. 

And his salary will be mostly paid by endorsements, fyi.

Ken

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »

From what I heard he is very arrogant and that is an ungodly amount of money and way too much.  How is LA going to pay that?  The whole league isn't too popular.  I don't think it will work.  I like soccer but this is insane.  (David, if you read this please give me some money.  You don't need it all. Cheesy)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 09:58:28 AM »

He's got to keep Posh updated in the plastic surgery realm and buy Burbury (sp?) for her and the kids. So no, he doesn't have any extra money I bet.  Wink

Oh... I like how it's been reported that the highest paid player makes $900,000 or something.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:00:44 AM by Funk_Buddy » Logged

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 02:52:03 AM »

From what I heard he is very arrogant

While I heard he's a really nice guy. A bit of a weirdo, but not unfriendly or a jerk. That's also the feeling I get when I see him on tv.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 05:46:24 AM »

I suppose it's what you perceive as being arrogant. People in England think he's an air of arrogance due to his England playing days, were it was reported that he was the man making all of the decisions behind the scenes, on team selection and tactics, therefore negating Sven at the time. He also gives off the impression he is a much better player than what he is, he acts as though he should be regarded with the greats such as Pele, Maradona and Eusebio, but in reality is no more than a good player, not world class. He is marketed extremely well, as is his wife, and I suppose this will make a lot of people believe he better than other players to to be constantly being in the public eye as opposed to players such as Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard.

It is all about the marketing, people in the US have heard of David Beckham.

I pose the question how many of you in the US have heard of players such as Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard or Peter Crouch. Or even some of the dutch players like Robin Van Persie, Ruud Van Nitelrooy or Arjen Robben?
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »

If David Beckham reads this, pay off my student loan and I'll stop calling it soccer and take an actual interest in it beyond making soccer mom jokes and calling it the wimpy version of rugby.

JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »

I pose the question how many of you in the US have heard of players such as Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard or Peter Crouch. Or even some of the dutch players like Robin Van Persie, Ruud Van Nitelrooy or Arjen Robben?

David Beckham is the only player that I've ever been able to name. Nobody seems to follow the sport after the high school level over here.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 05:57:29 PM »

What about Cruyff, Pele and Maradona?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 07:33:51 PM »

^only ever heard of Pele.  The other two I've never heard of.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 09:39:42 PM »

Same here.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 01:18:53 PM »

I'm amazed at that. I knew footy wasn't popular in the US but I would have thought some of its history and heritage would have been documented at some stage, maybe when the World Cup was held there in '94.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 09:56:53 PM »

I'm amazed at that. I knew footy wasn't popular in the US but I would have thought some of its history and heritage would have been documented at some stage, maybe when the World Cup was held there in '94.

Post pics maybe then I would know them.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 12:12:05 AM »

It's true, Pele and Beckham were the only two players I could name prior to last year's World Cup. Now who could forget Zidane? Truly he's been forever immortalized in America for his head butt.

I knew Brandi Chastain and Mia Hamm from the US Women's team though. Does that count for anything?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:16:57 AM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 12:26:51 AM »

^Sports Bra!!!!!!!!

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length