RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:31:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Bioshock Review Score Discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Bioshock Review Score Discussion  (Read 7259 times)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 09:22:57 AM »

Art Bell used to host Coast To Coast AM, a late night talk show about paranormal activity and conspiracy theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_to_Coast_AM

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »

Just got my copy. Used the $49.99 Circuit City weekly ad at Best Buy and a $15 Best Buy gift card to get it for $37.99 after taxes. Cool

Can't wait to play it!

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »

Way to save money there!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »

Thanks, man. Cool

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 04:11:50 PM »

The cheapest I can find it over here is about £35/$70. We get ripped hard. The collectors edition is £50.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 12:55:36 PM »

360 owners:  do not deprive yourself from the pleasure of playing this game! OMG! Shocked

Graphics. Sound. Gameplay. Story. Environment. All outstanding! Cool

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »

Blockbusters were doing Bioshock steel tin with a faceplate for £35 today. I could have traded in some old DVDs while I was at it. Except I forgot and didn't go. Sad I expect they'll be sold out tomorrow.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

James, get that faceplate...ASAP! It's extremely rare! I saw it going for $100 on ebay. They were only given out as gifts to EB/Gamestop managers here in the states. Apparantly, only 5100 were made.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 03:10:37 PM »

I heard the European faceplate was different to the US one but I can't find anything about it. All I've heard is that the UK one is crappier than the US version.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 04:50:47 AM »

I just went into Blockbuster with 7 crummy DVDs and got £10 credit, which I was happily surprised with. They had run out of the limited edition steel tin version and the faceplates but I got the standard one for £25. It was the last one they had as well.

The woman asked what was so special about it so I shrugged my shoulders and said the demo was good.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 08:30:11 AM »

Game Rankings has it pegged as the 4th best game of all time...

I highly doubt it.

Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »

Game Rankings has it pegged as the 4th best game of all time...

I highly doubt it.

And you'll probably NEVER know...sad.  hmm

@James, when you start getting into the game, you'll start to realize that it's a living, breathing world.  It's not a simple "corridor" shooter. And the decisions you make, however subtle, determine how the game plays out. You'll see. Enjoy the experience! I've got to get back to playing it... Cheesy

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »

I've probably been sucked into the hype of it, making me see it as better than it is but Christ, it's good. There are lots of areas to see but it all takes you along the same path in the end.

I got to a bit where there were lots of goodies in the middle of a room. I thought "What's the catch? There must be a catch" I started picking things up then when I got the shotgun the lights went out and left a spotlight on. The surround sound is used really well because I could actually hear them coming from behind out of the darkness.

I think I died twice over the hour or so I played it. I decided to have a break when I was using telekinesis to throw grenades back at the bloke. I only had a bit of health and Eve left with no first aid kits or Eve rechargers. I was meaning to go back to it but I got sidetracked as usual and ended up doing other things.

The environment is so detailed with loads to explore. There was a dead cat which I found in the demo. Not sure what that's about. It may not be truly unique but it's a fresh environment. How many other FPSes are there set in an underwater city?

I don't know about 4th best game of all time but it must be the best of this generation.

Edit: You posted while I was replying.

@James, when you start getting into the game, you'll start to realize that it's a living, breathing world.  It's not a simple "corridor" shooter. And the decisions you make, however subtle, determine how the game plays out. You'll see. Enjoy the experience! I've got to get back to playing it... Cheesy

I think I roughly said that in this post. Smiley It might not be entirely coherent because it's got me excited.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 10:04:00 AM by James » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »

^I don't think I'm much further ahead of you in the game. I've got some gaming to do... Shocked

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 11:00:58 AM »

I don't know why but for some reason I like to hoard things in games, like money and health packs. So I use health packs as little as possible, even if it means I die. And I don't spend any money on extra health packs or Eve.

I'm up to the bit where I killed the first Big Daddy. It was quite tough but I'm sure there's an easy way. At that point mummy knocked on the door and said it was time to change the sheets on my bed. :embarassed:

I just checked your achievements and, unless you've been playing offline today, you haven't beaten Dr Steinman yet. I think the Big Daddy was about 10-15 minutes after that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:05:42 AM by James » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length