RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:23:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 9/30/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Would you pay $170 for Rock Band?
Yes, of course.   -5 (21.7%)
Maybe, I'll have to think about it.   -3 (13%)
No, that's too much for me.   -14 (60.9%)
What is Rock Band?   -1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 9/30/07  (Read 6448 times)
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 02:51:51 AM »

Guitar Hero for the Wii is coming with a wireless guitar.  Wiiiiiiiiii!

and it's the biggest rip of all the versions.  10$ cheaper and it's just a shell for a wii-mote?  atleast with the others you get the whole controler, with the wii you have to already have the controler.  they should have atleast nocked something off the price for that.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »

I do agree with you there. It does seem kind of ripoffy.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »

Very much so. But I'd have to believe that the guitar "shell" would still act as a controller enhancement of sorts since you still need to activate the 5 buttons on the fret.

Maybe the Wii-mote acts as the battery and sensor for the guitar to work? It's quite possible that the nature of the Wii is such that to create a 3rd party controller for it would be cost-prohibitive; so they plugged in the Wii-mote into the shell "controller" as an assist to functionality as well as a method of keeping costs down.

Tan
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »

Don't forget the advantage from a manufacturer's standpoint. The Wii remote can act as the tilt sensor for star power. Still a rip, but at least you can see why they'd do it.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »

Guitar Hero for the Wii is coming with a wireless guitar.  Wiiiiiiiiii!
zOMG Wii EXCLUSIVE CONTENT!!!

Very much so. But I'd have to believe that the guitar "shell" would still act as a controller enhancement of sorts since you still need to activate the 5 buttons on the fret.

Maybe the Wii-mote acts as the battery and sensor for the guitar to work? It's quite possible that the nature of the Wii is such that to create a 3rd party controller for it would be cost-prohibitive; so they plugged in the Wii-mote into the shell "controller" as an assist to functionality as well as a method of keeping costs down.
Very well stated.

Anyways back to the drum game...

What exactly is it coming with???
Is it a few little drum pieces or a uber massive electronic drum set?
Steel Battalion-esque?

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »

I think it's 4 or 5 drums pieces...

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »

4 pc drum pad set with and activated pedal below to simulate the bass drum. It's fairly large.

cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 11:08:27 PM »

Guitar Hero and Samba de Amigo are good enough for me when it comes to musical beat games. $170 is also a large investment to play a single game that really requires a group effort for best results. I'm not sure about others but most of my console gaming is done single player and my internet play is on PC with FPS and RTS. I'll sit this one out until it's a few bucks for a complete set (if that happens) many years down the road.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length