RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:01:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Amiga vs. PC DOS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Amiga vs. PC DOS  (Read 2646 times)
Tan
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »

The early models of Deep Space Nine were done on an Amiga 2000 using Lightwave. Cool
98PaceCar
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that had an Amiga back when. I had been a Commodore 128 user for a few years so the jump to Amiga seemed natural. I bought myself a 500 in 91 or 92 and used it all the way through college. It went through several upgrades during the 4 or 5 years I used it including ram and an HD sidecar. It still works and is still configured the same way I had it when I was actively using it. I've moved on to a 4000 recently, so I don't use the 500 anymore, but it will always be around.

I do remember it wasn't until some of the early CD ROM games came out for the PC that I started to take notice of what they were doing. But for anything else, the Amiga was the way to go. Tons of great games that I will still spend hours playing!
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »

My first computer was in 1994 when I was 9. It was a Packard Bell 486 50Mhz system with 8MB memory. Our harddrive was 200 MB with 3.25" floppy and a 4x CD-ROM drive. Yeah, I was spoiled using AOL on my dads account.

Well, walking away from memory lane I really wish those computers of the 80's such as Commodore, Amiga, MAC or Atari. Just about the only machines I can find around here are x86 PCs from mid-late 90's. I only have 1 Amiga game and have yet to try it on an emulator as it's an expansion that requires the original (go figure).

As for comparisons there are just too many DOS/Win95 games I enjoy from then and now so if it were executed right on another platform then I'd be something to interest me.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length