RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:46:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | External Auction Site Discussion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: External Auction Site Discussion Thread  (Read 76274 times)
Dragon Warrior Jasen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »

Game Gavel just got another face lift and a lot of additional features on the site. Sporting a new slick look and a lot of great new features to boot we invite you to check out the latest version of the site. We aimed to bring the previous layout and theme up to date and make things a bit easier to navigate! Is this the final stance for the site? Absolutely not! We are always aiming to improve the site and add functionality. Interested in the new functions the site has to offer? Make sure you check out the forums on the website for more information on all of the new functions!

Game Gavel Radio

Last month, Game Gavel Radio was born. Featuring music from all genre’s of gaming you can listen to either the 128K or 64K streams based on your bandwidth. Take a listen while you shop!

Game Gavel’s Come on in, Register Today! Contest Winner

Congrats to Ryborg, this contests winner. He won $20.75 just for being a member at GameGavel.com!

Game Gavel’s Christmas Contest

As seen on the home page: Game Gavel wants to give you a Playstation 3. That's right! For one lucky Game Gavel user, Christmas is going to come early! Between now and December 1, 2008 GameGavel.com is having another contest. This one will be the last one in 2008, so we had to make it great! How do you enter? Well, since the prize is going to the biggest yet, we decided to make it interesting:

1. List 50 NEW auctions.
2. Sell 25 Items.
3. Buy 10 Items.
4. Refer 10 People.

Additionally, randomly through out the months of October and November we are going to pick a random person from all of the users. We will post that user selected either here on the home page or on the forums. That lucky person will have 24 hours to contact us to be entered in the contest!

Wait! There's more!

If Game Gavel reaches 1000 users during the contest OR 3500 auctions listed at any one time, the prize will get better! We will add an HDMI cable, a Dual Shock 3 Controller, and the brand new Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe game!

There are multiple ways to enter, so everyone can enter more than once!

http://www.GameGavel.com
Cellplanman
Memorex VIS
Canada

Stats
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:16 AM »

Hey, id like to buy one... what is the price on them?

Also you should add "heatware" for feedback.

and possibly EMT for payment

CPUWIZ and ChaseTheChuckwagon.com have come together to offer up a very limited release of a very mysterious game.

Here is an excerpt from AtariProtos.com attempting to describe this "unknown" game:

"Believe me when I say that this prototype is a complete mystery. No programmer, no model number, and no company. We don't even know the name of the game. The only we have as to the identity of this prototype is the name Universal, which is silk screened onto the EPROM board. Unfortunately this just raises more questions than it answers. Universal was an arcade game manufacturer, and licensed all its games to Coleco. But why would Universal suddenly start programming their own original games for the 2600?"

Read more about this never before released game here: http://www.atariprotos.co...tware/u...n3/unknown3.htm

This game cartridge has been meticulously created by CPUWIZ right down to the label featuing the ChaseTheChuckwagon.com logo. This will only be made available in limited quanitites on http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Own a piece of previously unattainable video gaming history dressed to the nines and ready to grace your Atari 2600.

It is undetermined as to the quantities this will be produced. Each one will be individually numbered by it's creator CPUWIZ. We will make an official announcement will be made on the ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Member Forums located here:http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload/index.php
Stay Tuned !

So Cal Mike
Owner, http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com
SealedCollector
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »

Hi guys,

I spotted a place called http://www.sealedgameauctions.com where you can buy,sell,trade and search auctions 100% free. Maybe a good ebay alternative , would save a lot of money for sure! what do you think?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2008, 08:05:54 AM »

Welcome to RF Generation! I appreciate what you're trying to do (we passively advertise), but we have some rules that all members agree to when they join our site. From this agreement, we have the following:

Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate to this SMF forum and website.

Good luck with your endeavors, but please rather than coming straight onto our site to advertise I ask that you check out our amazing databases, forums, and collection tools.

Best of luck in your operations, but please, do not break our agreement in the process.

Just as a kind of splurge, but I am amazed that this advertisement went on for this long, and continues to do so.

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2008, 09:08:44 AM »

Just as a kind of splurge, but I am amazed that this advertisement went on for this long, and continues to do so.
The staff allows it if it stays in this topic, I think.

I spotted a place called http://www.sealedgameauctions.com where you can buy,sell,trade and search auctions 100% free. Maybe a good ebay alternative , would save a lot of money for sure! what do you think?
I doesn't bother me that you come and advertise for your site here, but atleast be truthfull about it.

You didn't "spot" that site. Heck, you've mentioned the link 3 times in the last 8 posts you made, one of which goes back more than a year. It's no problem with you being affiliated with a commercial website, just don't try to make it seem like you're a random person who "spotted" the site. Wink

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »

I'm sorry, but I see this thread as blatant breaking of the rules. Dragon Warrior Jasen and ChaseTheChuckwagon have only posted in this thread, and have never submitted anything to the site. They have used RFGeneration, a completely nonprofit, nonaffiliated site, to ADVERTISE. This is wrong, whichever way you look at it. And hell, a mod locked Sega2099's silly post about his silly site, yet they allow this?

Tell me about your variants...
Tan
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »

I'm sorry, but I see this thread as blatant breaking of the rules. Dragon Warrior Jasen and ChaseTheChuckwagon have only posted in this thread, and have never submitted anything to the site. They have used RFGeneration, a completely nonprofit, nonaffiliated site, to ADVERTISE. This is wrong, whichever way you look at it. And hell, a mod locked Sega2099's silly post about his silly site, yet they allow this?

It's easy to make such assumptions when you don't have all the facts. The truth is, the two latest incidents mentioned are completely different in nature and everyone who has used this thread to advertise have been PMed in private because such discussion about our site policy and individual interpretation don't belong in the public forums.

Members use this thread for the latest news of these websites and everyone who posts here has an understanding with the moderators and administration that their game related services will remain contained here for the fairness of everyone in the community who sells items in this forum. Promoting a rival forum doesn't help RFGen any, but game services that may potentially offer alternatives to get games into their hands can, as long as member sales aren't negatively affected by it.

This way we protect the members from being undersold / bullied while promoting a bit of healthy competition and resources for gamers to look into.
Dragon Warrior Jasen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

I do not want to rub anyone the wrong way, and I must apologize if I have done so. I cleared my original post with the site admins before posting and have prominently linked RF Generation on GameGavel.com for their help. So far, a good number of people from this site have participated at GameGavel.com and GameGavel held a contest solely for RF Generation to participate in, which resulted in a free PS3 game given to Widar. In the spirit of celebrating and continuing to promote good will for GameGavel, I'd like to let everyone know about the newest contest:

Happy Birthday GameGavel.com! On February 23, 2009 GameGavel.com turns 1! To celebrate we are kicking off another great contest season. In order to promote the website and achieve our goal of 3000+ users by the end of the year we are giving away a free XBox or PS2 game this go around. Join GameGavel.com today or refer one friend to the site using the special link within the Auction Control Panel to be eligible. On March 15, 2009 one lucky new registrant or referrer will be chosen to receive their choice between a random XBox or PS2 game!

The winner will be notified via eMail and will have 5 days to reply, or another winner will be chosen.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »

Far out, I can't believe a whole year has just gone by.
Best of luck getting over the 3,000 mark.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length